Naruto

Mission: Help an Old Friend in the Land of Tea

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Aug 17, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Incredibly underwhelming.

What this episode is lacking is energy and exciting storylines that Naruto is so famous for. There are a lot of minor things that really killed off the energy early on. First of the Country of Tea? Are you kidding me? And then the introduction of that one guy Idato that the three were sent to protect is such a generic character, I've already decided just by the first ten seconds of meeting him that I wasn't going to like him. And this whole story about the two clans battling each other for supremacy over rule of the city, very uninteresting so far. The episode did end on a sort of interesting note, but it isn't enough to make up for the lacklusterness of this entire episode as a whole.
  • the first filler episode of the first filler arc.

6.3
    when i watched naruto i just skipped this arc. since it was filler it was no point in watching it. but some people said it was a good filler arc but i dont know. i dont know if i should watch it cuz its like 4 episodes long and it takes too long. i have nothing else to say right now but i kinda like fillers only if they are funny like gai lee impersinators ( if thats how you spell it ) and other ones. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
  • A good filler.

When ths episode starts we see Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura in Tsuande's office. Tsuande walks in and tell them that they have a B-ranked mission. She tells them that they will me going on their own as Kakashi and the other jounins are out on missions. They are to escort someone from the Tea Village for a race. By accident, they meet up with with a young man at a tea shop on the where there. He leave them with his bill and almost starts a fight with Naruto. They manage to catch up with him one time, but he out-runs them again. When they get to the Tea village and meet with with the Boss, they get to meet the person they are to escort-it is the boy, Idate, who ran away from them. The Boss is able to keep the peace between them till race day. As the race begins, Idate, look at the sky and sees something that changes him opinion on how to go and instead of getting on his ship like the other runner, Idate runs off towards the woods...
  • New mission to the Land of Tea

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura learn from Tsunade (now the Fifth Hokage) that their next mission is going to be in the Land of Tea with out Kakashi sensei. They are to go and meet the clan leader to learn of their mission. On the way, Naruto suggests (actually insists) that they stop for lunch. While they are there they meet an annoying young man who flirts with Sakura and then leaves them with the bill. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura chase him and catch him once, but then he gets away. After they meet with the clan leader they find out that the annoying young man (Morino Idate) is the one they are going to protect.
  • Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke have to escort Idate through an important race that determines which family will rule the village for 4 years. The race begins.

Naruto Sakura and Sasuke have a mission to protect Idate Morino in a race that determines which family will rule the village for 4 years. Naruto as he does many times, doesn't get along with people and it is Idate this time. He and Idate fight trying to prove each other to be an idiot. Sasuke beats up 3 guys who bullied another guy into giving them stuff that he was selling. Sasuke is very strong and I am not surprised why he could bet up 3 guys in seconds. The race start but Idate runs in another direction then the competition is heading. Naruto gets confused and starts screaming at Idate and that is were the episode ends. It was a good episode and it surely leaves people wondering what will happen next.
  • one of the better fillers...

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are sent on another mission by Tsunade without Kakashi. Who would of thought? anyway their mission was to protect the represenitive for a race in the Land of Tea. On the way their they stop at a reaturant to eat. A man named Idate comes over to their table and starts trouble. Just when they think they got rid of him, it turns out he had them pay his bill. They chase Idate, but he gets away. They meet their client and it turns out that Idate is the racer. Some bad blood starts spewing between them up till the race starts. But what's this?! It seems Idate's going the wrong way! XD
  • Better than most...

• This is the beggining of a pretty average plot.

This stroyline is just not too great. It does have funny moments and you see different locations and all but there's just something about this part that I don't really like. Towards the end it gets pretty good especially the fight Naruto has. The racing part of this has it's exciting moments but it's pretty boring for the most part. This isn't really a great part of Naruto in my opinion. The race seems to drag on and on for a few episodes, although the move across several landscapes and have many challenges; these are the fun parts to these episodes.
  • NARUTO!!!

I love Naruto so much I am never disappointed by an episode, but this episode was kind of half and half. In this episode, the team of Naruto, Saskue, and Sakura go on a B-ranked mission. The mission is to protect a ceremonial runner so he could win a race against a gang of bad people who hired a rain ninja to help the bad people win. The runner and Naruto start off on a bad start and for some reason the runner goes the wrong way when race starts, so the three of them chase after him. Overall this was a very fair episode and I can't wait for the next episode.
  • Idate is cute! :D

So Lady Tsunade is safely back where she belongs, Sasuke is out of the hospital, and everything is back to the way it should be. And Sasuke got his old outfit back! YAY! I despised the black one that made him look emo..... Anyway, Team 7 assembles for their next mission and Tsuande tells them that they will go on a B ranked mission without Kakashi-sensei to protect a runner from the Land of Tea. The dude's name is Idate Morino. I don't know, but I think Morino was Ibiki's last name too..... Maybe there's some connection. I'll have to look into that. But anyway, Idate shows up and starts hitting on Sakura and I was really surprised Sasuke didn't do anything because all the times before he's looked jealous or something. No, this time it was Naruto getting all ticked. Wow, this review was mostly my ramblings about stuff no one cares about. Well, I was looking forward to this, but now I'm not because I just found out that Sasuke leaves after this arc..... :(
  • It may be a filler, but I still liked it. :)

*sigh* Typical Naruto. Picking fights and building tension before he even gets to know a person. That's how it always happens in this series. (Konohamaru, Tazuna, Inari, Sasuke, Tsunade, and on and on.) At first he hates them, yet eventually things start to smooth out between them and they become good buddies, or can at least tolerate one another without too much hatred. :P Idate has such incredible speed! O.O He has to be close to, if not matching Rock Lee's speed. He must have gone to some intense training to become that fast. Anyways, it was a pretty good episode and I wanna see what happens. (I don't like to watch the original Naruto series online. I'll usually watch the dubs on tv instead.)
  • The start of a pretty bad filler arc.

4.5
    So basically naruto, sakura, and sasuke are sent out by Tsunade (the Fifth hokage) to the "Tea Country" where they will be conducting a mission. They encounter a rude boy on the way there and it turns out that this is the boy they are going to protect on their mission. If you ask me, this filler gets pretty boring but it does have it's few moments of good action. A lot of it is pretty uneventful and seems like a waste of time. So overall if you can, I would just totally skip this little "tea country" arc all together, but that's just me ;)