Naruto

Episode 30

Mission: Protect the Waterfall Village!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM May 19, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Good special

i really liked this special. There were great action scenes, actually exciting moments that kind of made you want to scream, and more blood than in a usual episode. I'm not saying a lot of blood, but at least they actually showed it when a sword goes through someone's body. It was really awesome and everything. The reason it didn't get a perfect score for me though, is that almost all the fighting revolved around Naruto and Sasuke, and basically not any other of the main characters. I thought Sakura was a little pathetic in this episode even though she is my second favorite character, because if Sasuke could break through some rope, why couldn't she? But other than that, I thought this was a superb Naruto movie with some great action scenes involving few people.
  • i thought it was going to be awsome

the commerical made this movie look good but when i saw this i was dissepoitned this looked more of an episode then a movie. this was not like the land of snow movie still some parts of this movie was funny and i like funny parts :) though the action sceans were not that cool and exciting but i do like the ending the ending was the best part of the movie but like i said before the commerical made this movie look REAL good im not saying that i hate this movie but im saying it could have been better so its like an average i give this movie a 6.5/10
  • Probably the best Naruto OVA/OAV thusfar. Also better than any of the filler arcs. Unless you go into this one expecting canon material you won't be dissapointed.

Team 7 goes to the hidden waterfall village to escort their leader back home. However Kakashi must report back to Konoha for a special jounin meeting just before the team is attacked by several rogue nins seeking to invade the village and steal its greatest treasure.

Overall a very well done filler. It can fit the anime timeline afte ep 80 and before 81 (in fact if you place it anywhere you must place it here given Sakura's hair cut, Naruto's non use of the Rasengan (sure Sasuke doesnt use chidori here either but Naruto spams that technique every filler), and itd even work despite the hokage's death as naruto only mentions the title, and when Kakashi talks about the Jounin meeting he makes no mention of the 3rd (would make sense for them to have called a special meeting after his death anyway). It's been a good 3 or 4 years since I first saw it but I dont remember it having an intro, which is nice of the dub folks to have put together (not talking about the konohamaru naruto scene but the Rise intro), and I don't even like Rise!, but they put together the scenes well to make it and I wouldnt have minded it being on the japanese version of this special. The dubbing is very well done and they don't make any effort to tone down the villains talk of killing the children of the village. Only problem I noticed was naruto saying he came up through the hollow tree when he attacks the main villain after Sasuke's windmill shuriken.
    I could be wrong but it sounds like the dub staff just made that up because unless Sasuke knew naruto was coming up through the tree and Sasuke used the shuriken as a distraction he wouldnt have missed with the windmill. I thought the implication was they were doing the same shadow windmill attack they used to free kakashi from zabuza's prison.

At any rate the voice acting is very well done here and never really gets annoying. The music (which was in the original as well) ussually fits the mood and all. Kyuubi Naruto on the other hand doesn't have the red eyes or any of his usual features, just the huge red chakra, which could be a continuity error, or it could be Naruto was keeping it in check somewhat so as not to scare his teammates (as Sasuke was fighting with him and doesn't know of Naruto's true power though he saw a bit in the Gaara fight). It would also explain a bit of why he didnt appear kyuubified at the end of the 2nd movie.

The hidden waterfall village presents a possible continuity problem regardless, as a figure who hasn't even shown up in the japanese anime yet is from this village and even wears the same headband, but his techniques and description of the villages practices are soo far different from anything seen here, its hard to beleive they could be from the same place. (skip this sentence to avoid a name spoiler) Then again I doubt anyone alive could use half of Kakuzu's techniques and its been some time since he left, seriously.(end of small spoiler)

Anyway as long as you're not expecting manga material and you know its going to be a filler going into the special you'll be pleasantly surprised. It has more action than the first OVA and a better story than the third.
  • commerical made it look good

6.4
    this was one boring Naruto speical i didnt really like it. it had a bad storyline it was just bad. it was also boring. it also felt very slow like the action it wasnt good at all it was just boring i hope they never show another speical like that again
  • AWSOME!

AWSOME!! OAV just what I exspected of Naruto I loved the fight scenes I exspecially love the beggining of the episode when Naruto was announcing the OAV then there was the part where Naruto stepped in the dog p**p LOL. And the part when Naruto was swinging on the vine then it snapped Naruto always makes me laugh Sakura as usual didn't help much Sasuke also as usual being the cool guy he is. Kakashi of course was reading his Icha Icha paradise book in the beggining. I can't wait to see more naruto OAV's CHA! bring on the OAV's.
  • Very good !!!!!

I think that this episode was very good because it had alot of action in it and it was also funny. The funnyest part is when naruto strps in poop that was very funny. But I think at some parts the episode was very serious but overall I think it was very good.
  • A decent episode.

The episode wasn't what I had expected. The commercials for it said sort of got my hopes up I guess. But it was an all right episode. The intro was hilarious. So it led me to believe that the episode was going to be good too. The beginning of the episode was good enough, but it started off slow, and didn't pick up much. It was sort of boring until about 40 minutes into the show, when Shibuki started to fight. But the action scene seemed a little rushed to me. Nothing was happening then BAM!! All of a sudden they started to fight. There wasn't much of a transition. But I guess that's just me. Anyways, it was an ok episode, not a complete waste of time.
  • Good OVA from the NARUTO SERIES.

Naruto protect the Waterfall Village OVA was all that I could expect from Naruto. The only thing that I didn't like was how the Waterfall Village's leader was weak. C'mon whats the point of having a weak leader. There was a couple good fight scenes. Like always Naruto in the end saves everyone and still he gets not respect. I would say that if u haven't watched it yet you didn't miss nothing special.
  • Great special! Best one yet

This special was the one of the best specials they made. It was a good plot, a good episode, and a great Mission. I loved when Sasuke took out his big knife and killed 4 out of 5 ninjas. Naruto, was good too but not as good when he beat up Gaara. When he beat up Gaara, he nailed him, Gaara got his butt kicked. Anyway, Mostly everything about this special was great.

I give this special a 10!
  • just so bad.....

5.2
    i have never heard of this special till i came to the tv site, interested in looked in up on youtube and watch the whole ep and all i can say is i understand now y it was never subbed into english, i have read all the manga, watched all the eps and movies and this was worst than the fillers they had and since i am a huge fan i was disappointed at this whole ep and by u can see from my score u should just stay away from it and just imagine it was not made at all even though the score on this say sumthing else i give it a 0/10!
  • I have been looking forward to watching this episode after they had gone about it. Really, it was not that special.

5.1
    Kakaski, Naruto, Sakura, and Sauske have to bring a Shibuki back to his village, the Waterfall Village. I found the intoduction to be cute, but after that it went down hill. It seem to be choppy and the voices did not seem to fit. Also, the time period put the action all the back to the beginning of the series when Sasuke took the lead and Naruto always looked like a fool. Then there is Sakura, useless as always, Kakashi disappears? Come on, this whole thing was silly! The fighting at the end was ok, but when did Naruto and Sasuke EVER congrats each others on a job well done? All in all, this just seems to be a gift show with no thought put into to it.
  • Great Naruto movie.

I thought this was superb. Probably my first dubbed Naruto movie I have seen. Anyway, I thought it had great fight scenes, moments that actually made you want to scream with suspenseful terror, and blood. Not like tons and tons of blood but enough that makes sense. I mean if a sword goes through your body than you would expect to see a little blood. This gave the episode the superb rating. But, the things that I didn't like about this episode that made it a little less than perfect. Probably the fight scenes a little because only Sasuke and Naruto were fighting the bad guys, basically no one else. None of the other main characters. Sakura seemed a little weak in this episode even though she is my second favorite character. So basically I thought it was a great Naruto movie filled with awesome fight scenes involving only two people.

• A great Naruto movie.

• A really great Naruto movie.

I really liked this movie. There were great action scenes, actually exciting moments that kind of made you want to scream, and more blood than in a usual episode. I'm not saying a lot of blood, but at least they actually showed it when a sword goes through someone's body. It was really awesome and everything. The reason it didn't get a perfect score for me though, is that almost all the fighting revolved around Naruto and Sasuke, and basically not any other of the main characters. I thought Sakura was a little pathetic in this episode even though she is my second favorite character, because if Sasuke could break through some rope, why couldn't she? But other than that, I thought this was a superb Naruto movie with some great action scenes involving few people.
  • Naruto escort mission

Its summer,team 7 d-rank mission is to escort an young ninga who is the young leader of the hidden viliage of waterfall.Due to the mission that was complete,Naruto,Sakura and Sasuke led another mission to clean up the trash.Kakashi left the 3 alone due to an jounin meeting back in the leaf viliage.Some rouge ninga plans to kidnap the leader.Just as they were about to leave one of the children mother is hurt the viliage is attacked without warning.Naruto and Sasuke escort Sabuki back to the viliage however with an selience in the viliage Sasuke told Naruto to protect Sabuki.While he fight the ninga's however Sasuke got capture.They capture Sakura as well.Leaves Naruto the only one left.Naruto tells Sabuki to do something that he is strong that he hasn't noticed.By saving the girl he's the one that hurt.Gathering the courage Sabuki,decided that he's no coward he begin to fight to protect his viliages.However he ended up in lose.Naruto decide to take an stand and fight.However powerless aganist him.Both Naruto and Sasuke beated him.

Basicly Sakura was telling the story.It was funny of course.