Naruto

Orochimaru's Shadow

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Mar 08, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• A slight step up from the previous episode.

This story is going nowhere, fast. It's already been like how many episodes in this arc and the story couldn't have moved any slower. It doesn't help that any good battles are being fought to compensate for this either. Mizuki has a hard on for Orochimaru and we get a bunch of flashbacks of where his admiration for him has come from. Ino, Shikamaru, and Choji, are still in a stalemate with Fuujin and Raijin, and Naruto and Iruka, along with their new companion Tsukabi, did nothing but chase after Mizuki. In short, nothing significant happened at all. I actually felt sleeping through it all. What makes this episode better than the previous one is that it didn't feel as slow.
  • Mizuki creates a potion that was given to him by Orochimaru.

Naruto becomes frantic when he sees that the building that Iruka has been blown up. Iruka is safe, but has been injured. Once Naruto and Pakkun find Iruka another person shows up. It's Tsubaki, Mizuki's fiance. She wants to help Iruka find Mizuki because she believes that she can convince him to change his ways. Mizuki goes to a Nara Clan outpost and steals some items for a potion that Orochimaru had told him about. It is reported to Tsunade and she begins to wonder what type of potion he is going to create. Meanwhile, Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji are at their limits trying to hold Fuujin and Raijin...
  • Only one more episode...

OMG, I am so freaking sick of this filler arc! Not the whole thing, just the "Mizuki Strikes Back" part. And why do I keep giving these episodes ten ratings? To help promote Naruto of course! I wasn't really paying much attention, so here's what it says on wikipedia.

Naruto, Iruka, and Pakkun meet up with Mizuki's fiancée Tsubaki, and she has come to offer help to the three, feeling responsible for not having stopped him earlier. Meanwhile, Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji are having trouble holding the two brothers off, and they know that they can't defeat them, so they are stalling for time. Meanwhile, Tsunade discovers a startling secret about Mizuki and Orochimaru, and leaves to intervene. Naruto, Iruka, Pakkun, and Tsubaki finally reach Mizuki, but it's too late, he's already completed the formula he was making. Now that he's drank it, he turns into a new monstrous form. And, Naruto has recognized Mizuki's transformation as one nearly identical to that of Orochimaru's cursed seal.
  • Didn't like it as much as the last one.

This episode was rather dull. Ino-Shika-Cho didn't do much this time, liked it better last episode cuz they fought and showed off there new techniques. What can you do? Tsunade got like three seconds of screen time, which didn't really matter. Naruto, Tsubaki, and Iruka didn't do much either, just found Mizuki and talked a lot. Mizuki revealed more of his past. So, it wasn't as good as last episode, and I'm hoping that the next one is worth more than this one. This kind of deserved the title of filler though, but it was still ok. That's my review.
  • Wow Mizuki goes hulk. :P It actually wasnt a filler episode.

I was surprised to see Iruka survive that blast. But MIzuki's girlfriend came. Maybe she is Iruka's signifigent other. I think orochimaru enjoys doing this to people. He is one evil dude. Looks like the Ino, Chou and Shika are at there limit. Those brothers are monsters. Never thought i'd see the day that Shika's plan is going to fail.
  • The curse Orochimaru beholden on Mizuki seems to awaken an approriate time, when he (orochimaru) is out causing chaos. It gives great confusion amongst Naruto's team, whether Mizuki know the where abouts of Orochimaru, or not.

The episode is full of surprise. Bringing up the reason why Mizuki hated Iruka and the closenest affection between the Third Hokage and the latter. Naruto's involvement shows his great respect and importance on Iruka.

With the completion of the formula, upon the curse seal on mizuki's right arm, he would now deal with the three, including Mizuki's fiancee, and tries to defeat them.
TOON