Naruto

Pass or Fail: Survival Test

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Sep 24, 2005 on TV Tokyo

• team 7 meet their sensei, kakashi

this is epiosde was awesome. the ultimate secret taijutsu a thousand years of death is so sexual assultion ( if thats even a word ) . i dont know if it was this episode or the next one but who cares!? no one is gonna read this review and if they do, pm me cuz im bored. soo yeah... sakura is so obsessed with sasuke and she is so useless. at least sasuke can use a fire jutsu. naruto is useless but at least he tries unlike sakura who is completly useless and i know i said that already. im done
  • we are introduced to the pivotal character kakashi.kakashi is the sensei of team 7 who have yet to be able to work as a unit.kakashi gives them the bell test saying that if they fail they will be sent to the academy and only two of them can pass

naruto sasuke and sakura wait for their sensei to show up and train them.naruto being naruto laid a booby trap for him.kakashi says he hates him and they each share their likes dislikes hobbies and dreams except kakashi.
    naruto sasuke and sakura each work individually to try to get the bells with little regard for the other.kakashi outwits all of them with little effort while he is reading his book.kakashi tells them they will have to come at him with killing intent if they want to get the bells but all of them fail time and time again.scene switch to iruka and the hokage who discuss how kakashi has never passed a team.the test continues in the next episode
  • good show

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura wait for their Jonin (high class ninja) to arrive and take them off to train. Naruto is impatient and sets up a booby trap. When the Jonin enters, the eraser Naruto strategically placed above the door hits him on the head. He tells them that his first impression of them is that he hates them.
    The group starts off by introducing themselves. Sensei goes first. He is Hatake Kakashi and has no intention of telling them of his likes and dislikes, his dreams, or his hobbies. Naruto is next. He likes cup ramen and hates the 3 minutes he has to wait after he puts the ramen in hot water. His hobby is to eat and compare cup ramens, and his dream is to become greater than the Hokages and make all the villagers recognize his existence. Next is Sakura. She doesn't reveal any of her dreams or likes, although Sensei is quick to realize that she likes Sasuke. He asks what she hates, and she replies 'Naruto.' Sasuke is last. He says that there are many things that he hates, and few things that he likes. His ambition is to revive his clan and to kill a certain man.
    Their first mission is survival training. They tell him that they already have done training at the academy. He laughs at them and tells them that out of the 27 graduates, only nine will become Genins. The other 18 will be sent back to the academy. In other words, the test has a 66% drop out rate. They are to bring their ninja equipment and meet at 5 AM. Oh, and not to eat breakfast or they will throw up if they do.
    Next morning, they show up bright and early, but sensei doesn't get there until 11:10 AM. He immediately sets the alarm clock to 12 PM and tells them their first task is to take one of the two bells he holds from him. Whoever can't won't eat lunch. He then insults Naruto further to make the three understand that to take the bells, they will have to kill him. Naruto immediately takes out his kunai knife and attacks. Sensei immediately is able to turn the attack against Naruto and the three are finally ready to begin the training.
    Soon, everyone is hiding, except Naruto. He attacks 'fair and square.' Sensei teaches him Ninja fighting lesson 1: taijutsu (fighting without weapons). He then takes out a book and begins reading. Every attack Naruto fires on him is avoided. Soon, Sensei is behind Naruto and his hand is in the seal of the tiger position. He performs a high Ninja technique in the element of fire which basically pokes Naruto in the ass and sends him flying.
    Iruka asks Hokage-sama about the Jonin who is training Naruto's group. He has heard rumors about how difficult the man is. Hokage-sama gives him a book on Kakashi, which states that he has never passed a person. Everyone has failed.
    Naruto performs mass shadow replica and 7 Narutos attack Sensei. One caught sensei from behind, and sensei was able to quickly change places with one of the replications of Naruto. Suddenly, Naruto sees a bell lying on the ground. He runs over to it, but it caught in a trap and hung by his feet on the nearest tree. As Sensei lectures Naruto on his movement, Sasuke throws his ninja stars and hits him. Sensei goes flying backwards.
  • Above Average

First of all, this episode messed up three times. First, Kakashi said that out of the 27 people that passed the graduation exam, only 9 would become ninja, but that can't be possible, because ino's team was team 10, and every team had 3 people, so there must have been at least 30 graduates.
    Second, Kakashi didn't use any handsigns for Substitution. Third, when Sasuke threw Shuriken at kakashi, it looked like not very many when he threw them, but when they hit the log, there looked like a lot more. To Conclude, this episode let us see the main characters' original attacks.
  • Just like in real life!

Well this episode is cool. I mean it is a little harsh that kakashi sets the same darn test knowing that no one yet has ever passed it but he still gives it. I liked the quote he said about ninjas who are lower than scum and though it was cool but he din't made it the fourth hokage did. Overall it was a good episode cause you see people who set test like that knowing students or aprentices won't pass it but the simply don't care. One more thing I liked was how kakashi was really smart to make sakura fall for the Sasuke-almost-dying trap!
  • Upon putting this episode on I was thinking how cool it would be to see another fight scene to see if naruto had gotten stronger. And this episode does not fail to deliver this.

This episode of naruto introduced a new important character kakashi sensei, I was really interested into finding out who this new character was when he was mentioned at the start of the episode, fortunately this episode reviles the character and does it nicely by making him seem a fantastic cool character that does not have a care in the world.

Seriously there could be Osama bin laden in front of this character and he would just go " oh look its Osama bin laden " and not do a thing about it. He is that careless, the new character puts the gang to the test and makes them all fight him, I found this part really interesting and it kept my eyes glued to my monitor as I wanted to see how powerful theses high level ninja are. And this show don't half show the balance of power cause though out the whole fight scene in this, kakashi is reading a love story book. I really enjoyed this stylelisded way of showing just how powerful this ninja is.

I was sort of cheering naruto on in this ep even though I had the impression he was a knucklehead I still would of found it cool for him to beat this high level ninja. Although unfortunately this does not happen and im left in jaw dropping shock at how powerful this kakashie is because naruto can not even land a scratch on him.
    I was egar to see if sasuke would have a go at this new high level ninja but this is aso failed to be shown in this epiosode. Surprisingly though this episode has a wicked cliff hanger ending when we see sasuke make his first attack on kakasui. I felt his was one of the best ending this episode could have cause It made me feel pi**ed off that I had to download the next one right away so I could watch it =p

Verall this episode was pretty good and had a decent fight scene which showed a good indication of how powerful the higher level ninja are, with this said it would have been nice t see naruto land at least one decent attack on him. The ending was good and made you urgently feel like you must watch the next one to find out what happens. For the good cliff hanger ending and the decent amount of fighting I give this episode a 7.5 out of 10, it would of goten a higher score if it did show us some more powerful attacks though * cause im inpatient*
    BERST SECTION
    Best:

fight scene- naruto vs kakasie
    emotional moment - when sasuke speaks about his dream

character – kakashie *amazing style sleek attatuide"
    quote - " thousand years of pain" by kakashie " that was heleriouse"

funny moment - " when kakashi poked naruto up the bum.

costume – kakashies costume is just uber cool with the headband gloves and face mask.

Juisui- thousand years of death

love scene – when sakura shows how shes totally into saskue with the little descriptions of hat they like.

Worst fight scene- none

emotional moment – none

character – sakura "cause she was annoying and did nothing

quote – the long ass quote naruto says when he describes his hobbies

funny moment – sakuras joke that she hates naruto

costume – narutos cause it gets all wet and the orage is quite annoying at this point

juitsu – shadow clone justsui

love scene - none

i hope you liked my review feel free to send me any feedback on what you think of my series of reviews designed for your boredom pleasure.
  • Go, Kakashi!

This episode was pretty cool. I've taken an instant liking to Kakashi; he's so carefree and laid-back that you are doomed to underestimate him. And then you get your behind kicked. And that's just what Naruto did! Well, Naruto is Naruto, so he would get his behind kicked anyway… seriously, he feel for an obvious trap. Only the most stupid people fall for such a trap -_- Oh, and Sasuke is cool… well, he's the typical silent and strong character, so that's no surprise. However, I bet he gets beat up by Kakashi anyway… there's no way those shuriken he threw took any damage on Kakashi… it was probably a fake or something.
  • great ep read please

ok naruto sakura and sauske meet there teacher kakashi and they find out that even thought they suppsoely pass the test to become a ninja they find out that it was just to see if they were ready for this test and at the start the odds are against them he tells them that they have a 33% chance of passing after today so he tells them to come in the monrining for survial and not to eat or you will throw up they get there and he tells them they have to get the bells and who ever doe snot get one not only fails but does not get to eat lunch either but there is a problem there is only two bells so no mateer what some one is going home and back to the academy we find out naruto may not be ass hopless as he looks and sakura is and sasuke just might be the best but they still dont get a bell will they next episode?
  • Review

Naruto episode 4 Is about Naruto and his new teammates Sasuke and Sakura meeting their team leader Kakashi Hatake. The episode starts of with Naruto and co in a class room waiting for Kakashi. Naruto puts a chalk erase on the door and when Kakashi comes in he fall for it and he says you are all a bunch of stupids. Then it goes to Naruto and co on a roof top introducing himself. Naruto goes first then Sakura then Sasuke and he says something really weird about restoring his clan and kill a certain some on. So after they are done Kakashi tells them that they are going to do a survival excerse. So then it goes to them doing the survival excerse all they have to do it take these bells from Kakashi. But they find it harder then they expect. Then it goes to Iruka and the Hokage talking and Iruka asks the Hokage how hard is their new teacher and then the Hokage gives him a list of all the students Kakashi pass and his face goes blank. Then it goes back to Naruto and co and the test. They are hiding but Naruto is right infront of Kakashi and starts attacking. And Kakashi starts reading a book and blocks all of Naruto's attacks. And they all start attacking and all fail and Naruto gets tied up to the tree while Sasuke and sakura start eating.
  • Kakashi rules! =P

This is seriously the episode that got me hooked. Kakashi is just too cool. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke meet their new sensei: Kakashi. He tells them about the survival test and that only 2 of them will make it. The whole episode was just really interesting and I have been hooked to this show ever since. Everything makes you think with how these ninja battle, I just can't get over that! Anyway, we learn that no one has ever passes Kakashi's exam, so things look dull for Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke. Will they pass or will they fail? Great episode, yep.
  • As Squad 7 gets their sensei, Kakashi Hatake, they all think that he is unskilled and unfit to train them. But they soon find out that there is more to Kakashi than meets the eye...

I personally like this episode. They really show Kakashi off as being too cool for school. Even though his more tender side isn't revealed until the next episode, I love how they make him serious but funny at the same time. My favorite part when is he's telling Naruto off. "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, which is not the same as actually getting it, get it?" One thing they could have taken out is the part where Naruto falls into Kakashi's trap. Look, we all know Naruto is stupid, but when his career as a ninja is in jeopardy he show's his true colors. But the hidden finger jutsu, gave it a nice 9.5.
  • Pass or Fail: Survival Test (1-4)

This episode begins with Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke, as they wait for Kakashi (their new cell leader). Naruto decides to set a trap for him, as revenge for being late. Kakashi enters, and falls for it, which causes Naruto and inner Sakura to laugh at him. He thens brings them to the roof of the academy, and asks them to tell a little bit about themselves. Naruto states that his hobby is eating ramen, and that he wants to be Hokage someday in the future. Sakura doesn't psychically say what is on her mind, but from looking at her repetitive glances at Sasuke, you can guess. Sasuke says that his goal is to kill a certain someone, who ruined his life. Kakashi then tells them to meet him at the training field very early in the morning, because they are going to have a survival test. The three of them meet, and wait hours for Kakashi to show up. He finally shows up a few hours before noon, when the sun is well up. Kakashi shows them two bells that he attached to his belt. The goal of the lessons, is to retrieve a bell. Those who cannot get a bell before time runs out, is sent back to the academy. Naruto is the first to try to get the bell. He charges at Kakashi head on, and Kakashi suddenly takes out a book. While Naruto launches attack after attack at Kakashi, he just stands there reading his book, and blocking all the attacks. Eventually, he gets behind Naruto, and begins to perform a deadly hand sign. Kakashi uses his secret technique, Thousand Years of Pain, which basically pokes Naruto in the butt. He then tries to get Kakashi with a Kage Bunshin Jutsu, and it almost works, but Kakashi used a replacement jutsu at the last minuet. Naruto then sees a bell lying on the ground, and tries to pick it up. Immediately, it sets of the trap, and he is hoisted up into the air. Kakashi proceeds to tell him, that when the trap is obvious, don't take the bait. Right after finishing this sentence, he is pelted by a barrage of kunai and shuriken, and falls to the ground.

I think this was a great episode. It finally introduced the action that most people were looking for since the beginning of the series. It introduced you to katas (hand signs), different types of fighting (taijutsu), and how a shinobi (ninja) team is supposed to work. It worked well with previous episodes, and left a gap for a future episode to fix. All in all, this episode deserves a 9.7 out of 10.
  • Pass or Fail :Survival Test

• This episode is about Kakashi making a challenge to Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura to see if they have what is required to be a Genin although there is a trick to this challenge.

This episode starts of with Team 7 (Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura) meeting Kakashi (a Jonin), the team's "leader" in a way. After Naruto setting a trap for Kakashi, underestimating him and Kakashi falls into a little prank because he was late. I at the moment thought that Kakashi would have not fallen for the prank. Kakashi takes his team to a place were each member can introduce themselves and I liked this part because I got to know more about Sasuke. Kakashi challenges his team to get 1 bell (from 2 bells) leaving the 1 person that didn't get a bell to fail. At the end Sasuke prepares to fight Kakashi in order to get a bell. This part of the episode was my favorite because it involved fighting between 2 people that are very skilled.
  • kakashi-senesi...

naruto, sasuke, and sakura meet their jonin sensei kakashi and he already thinks their morons. kakashi then tells them to say something about themselves. naruto talks about ramen aand being hokage. sakura talks about loving sasuke and hating naruto. sasuke says he is going to restore his clan and "kill a certain person". kakashi then announces a survival test the next day. kakashi comes late and exlpains the rules: they must steal a bell from him by any means necessary. the catch is: there is only two bells! so that means one of them will fail! whitch of them will it be?
  • Naruto getting his butt kicked!

This Episode is when the group (Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto) met their group leader Katashi. I gotta say, the leader looks really cool with that headband around his left eye. Really makes him look mysterious and want you to learn more about him.

The test the leader wanted to do with the group was a survival test, where the group will have to get the two bells from Katashi. So, you can see that Naruto is not really that smart to go hide and come up with a plan, instead he tries to take Katashi on by himself.

So as this episode ends, it really want me watch the nexy because I want to know if the rest of the squad was able to get the bell from Katashi. Apparently, Naruto didn't.
  • naruto and the other two need to get two bells from kakashe

this episode was interesting i did not expect it as much as naruto did. the fist part was pretty funny how naruto kept failing at getting the bells. but i really did not expect that the test was in team work. and i was even kind of nervious when kakashe went off on them.
  • naruto

The scene opens up to the next day of class. The viewer notices Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are the only ones without a teacher. As they continue to wait for the arrival of their new teacher, Naruto becomes impatient. He places a chalkboard eraser above the door, as an attempt to test their new teacher. As soon as the new teacher arrives, the eraser falls on his head, and he announces to the class that their first impression is awful. The new teacher takes the three outside, and introduces himself as Hatake Kakashi. The rest of the group introduce themselves to their new teacher. Kakashi soon learns of Naruto's love of ramen and his desire to become a Hokage. He also learns Sakura's feelings towards Sasuke, and also of Sasuke's desire to kill someone in order to avenge the death of his clan. Kakashi announces to the students that they will undergo survival taining tomorrow, and this will prove their ability to become real ninjas, he also instructs the students to bring weapons to class the next day. As a last piece of advice, Kakashi tells his student to not eat breakfast the next morning, as he does not want any of his students to vomit during the survival process. Before he dismisses his group, he tells them that the next class will start at five in the morning. The next morning, their new teacher Kakashi arrives at around 11:00 AM. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura become furious at their teacher. He tells the three that their first task will be to take one of the two bells he is holding in his hands. Whoever cannot retrieve one of the bells will not be able to eat lunch. The sensei insults Naruto and proclaims the only way they will be able to retrieve the bells will be to kill him. Naruto takes out his dagger and attacks Kakashi, however the teacher counters the attacks. The three students of his are now ready to begin the training. Everyone is now hiding, except Naruto. He is attacking, supposedly, fair and square. Kakashi teaches Naruto the first ninja lesson. It is called taijutsu, or fighting without weapons. He takes out his book and begins to read to Naruto. Naruto attempts to attack his teacher, but every attack sent is avoided. Kakashi moves behind Naruto. His hands are now in the seal of the tiger position. He performs a ninja technique in the element of fire. He pokes Naruto in the buttocks which sends him flying. Iruka asks the Hokage about who is training Naruto's group of three. Iruka has heard rumors about how difficult of a teacher Kakashi is. The Hokage gives Iruka a book about Kakashi, it states that everyone who has ever trained under Kakashi has failed. Naruto performs a mass shadow replica, forming seven clones. All of the Naruto's attack Kakashi at once. One of the replicas caught Kakashi from behind. The sensei was quickly able to change places with the replication of Naruto. Naruto notices a bell lying on the ground. He runs over to retrieve it. Instead of retrieving it, he is caught by a trap. The trap made Naruto, whose foot was tied by a rope hang upside down underneath a tree. As Kakashi lectures Naruto on his movement, Naruto throws ninja stars at him, the sensei flies backwards as it appears he has been struck and injured!
  • On my "Naruto Favorites" list! The new trio face the incredible Kakashi with little hope of success.

This is one of my favorite episodes, despite the fact it's still the fourth episode. It's very funny, actually one of the funniest. It's great to watch again even if you are on the 200+ episodes of Naruto. Man, it's great to reminice the first few episodes of Naruto because it reminds you not only that this was a great show then, but it was able to maintain that state all the way through, well if you don't care about fillers. Also, this episode was splendid because you get as much as a clue of how strong Kakashi is. He is on the top five for "Favorite Character" in various polls and this episode just shows you why. I recommend all to watch this episode at least thrice (three times) in their lifetime.
  • Nice episode.

This is the beggining of a great fighting sequence. Team 7 meets up with thier sensei Kakashi Hatake. They tell stuff about themselves (go Sasuke and Sakura Sakura's thing made me laugh). Kakashi tells them about thier test to become genin and about the sixty six percent failure rate. Then the hokage tells Iruka about it and Iruka is worried. In the training thing Naruto starts off but fails in a head on approach. Sasuke then throws numerous shuriken at Kakashi. What was the outcome? In the next episode. So, it was a great episode and this is my review.
  • Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura (Team 7) get their first look at their new sensei, Kakashi.

Well Team 7 finally gets to see their new teacher, the Sharinagan-holder, Kakashi. He tells them that they must only each take a bell from him. Sakura points out that there are only two bells but three people. Then Kakashi says that the loser who doesn't get the bell, has to get tied to a tree stump and has to watch the rest of the people eat their lunch. There was a spoof about this episode on YouTube, search up "Naruto spoof Numero 2." This episode showed how each person's ninja styles work and interact with their environment. Naruto didn't show his best in this one.
  • Hai Kakashi sensei!

7.7
    In this fourth episode of Naruto we get to meet for the first time in this show one of it's most important characters: Kakashi the new leader of the Naruto-Sakura-Sasuke trio. Even though the circumstances under which they meet are not exactly perfect (Naruto pulls a prank to his new master) he gets right into the point: the three of them will have to steal from him two bells so that they may be really accepted from him as his aprentices. Of course the fact that there are two bells is an ominous problem for Naruto since that means that one of them will not pass the exam.
  • Ha ha, thousand years of pain.....

Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura are assigned to Kakashi's squad. The bad news is, no one has ever passed. Kakashi tells them that no matter what happens, one will be sent back to the academy anyway. Sakura wants Naruto to be the one that gets sent back because she wants to stay with Sasuke, Naruto wants Sasuke to be sent back because he wants to stay with Sakura, and Sasuke really doesn't care which one of them gets sent back because he hates them both. Kakashi has 2 bells, and 2 of the 3 new Genin have to take them. Sasuke is the only one who actually comes close. Naruto keeps falling into Kakashi's traps and ends up hanging upside down from a tree. Later Kakashi pokes him in the butt, which was really funny. Sakura pretty much just hides in the bushes the whole time. Then Naruto tries to go steal some of the lunches Kakashi made, and Kakashi catches him and ties Naruto to a post. Sakura and Sasuke share their food with him though, and they end up passing because they all worked together in the end.
  • Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura start their training

Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura meet Hatake Kakashi, their Jounin trainer and they introduce themselves after Naruto makes a board rubber fall on Kakashi's head because he was late. Kakashi then thinks that 7th Squad are all idiots. They are then told that they have to do survival training The next day, 7th Squad meet up early in the morning and when Kakashi is late, the challenge begins. There are two bells and if someone fails to get a bell by noon, then that person is tied to a log and Kakashi eats their lunch. Will 7th Squad pass or fail?
  • Totally cool!!!

This episode is just so totally awesome- its funny too. Kakashi is just so strong! He totally would have whooped Naruto and the others asses so easily... Oh yeah, and that was so funny when he used that leaf village secret finger jutsu on narutos ass and made naruto go flying... that expression on narutos face when kakashis fingers just DIGGED up his ass... man, ill never forget that episode. Oh yeahh. Kakashi is so strict man! 66% fail??? They also say that Narutos group is actually the first one to pass his test!!! You should really watch this episode...
  • i lovee this episode

well this is about team 7 meets their knew sensei and kakashi tells them they have to pass a test to become real ninjas but the test is about them gettin to bells from kakashi but they have to use team work well when time what up none of them were capable of gettin a bell from kakashi so kakshi tells them not to give any food to naruto and if they food to naruto they will not pass the test that was hungry then kakakshi goes and live them alone so sakura gives food to naruto and kakashi saw her and tells them that they pass becous they use team work.

att:janicely
  • Nice

• Kakashi, the sensei of Naruto

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke's Jōnin sensei is Kakashi, also known as the Copy Ninja. When we are first introduced to him, he shows up late to the classroom - a characteristic he's also known for. He takes the day to let the team bond, by having them each introduce themselves and their goals. Kakashi doesn't feel like telling them much about himself though. Naruto says that he loves to eat ramen and that he likes to compare ramen, while Kakashi thinks "I believe all he thinks about is ramen" and that he wants to be Hokage one day and really loves Ramen. Sakura indirectly implies that she loves Sasuke and states that she hates Naruto, while Naruto looks shocked. Lastly, Sasuke says that he hates a lot of things and really doesn't like anything, which hurts Sakura inside. He also declares his goal is not a dream but something he will make a reality- to kill a certain man. Naruto in turn worries that he is the "certain man" Sasuke wants to kill. Sakura thinks that he is soo cool while Kakashi thinks that's just normal for an Uchiha.
  • Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura meet their sensei, Kakashi who provides them with a test that is more challenging than anything they have ever done.

As the introductions continue, the best introduction is finally here. Kakashi Hatake emerges as the mysterious and cool ninja who will lead Team 7 from now on. He firsts asks the team of some personal information. As they discuss their goals, they describe what will be the impetus for each of the character for the rest of the series. Kakashi gives them a test with 66% failure rate. Naruto and the rest of his team struggle with how to deal with this, as the test in order to pass appears to be even more difficult than the clone jutsu. Each member tries to go their own way, resulting in Kakashi exploiting their weaknesses. Kakashi gives each of them a lesson in being a ninja. While I think the cliffhanger is a bit weak, this episode's moments more than makes up for it.
  • Can Naruto get the bells from Kakashi?

< 1 2