Naruto

Pure Betrayal, and a Fleeting Plea

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Feb 09, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Average again.

Although I'll give this filler episode some acknowledgment for trying to be creative, trying to be a decent watch, but in the end, it was only slightly better than its filler counterparts in previous episodes past. The use of foreshadowing was decently executed, and the story, while predictable, has been pretty tolerable. The main characters from the Fuuma clan, most notably the three that has done battle with Jiraiya, Sakura, and Naruto, was surprisingly likable. It's unfortunate that they had to take their leave so soon. Overall, a decent episode that provided some pretty decent fights, but I'm not really anticipating the future episodes.
  • Naruto, Jiraiya, and Sakura are betrayed.

Naruto defeats Kagero with Jiraiya's help and the Sound ninja retreat to recoup. Jiraiya asks who the girl is and she says that she is from the Fuma clan. Jiraiya tells them that he ran into some of the Fuma clan back in town. Sasame tells Jiraiya that they were common criminals who had abandoned the clan. She offers to lead them to Orochimaru's lair. When they get to the border of the Sound Village, Jiraiya insists that they stop to eat. Sasame offers to make some tea and while she is out of sight, she puts in some knockout powder in the tea....
  • Whoa, interesting.

Yeha. Another episode, well it ends up being very interesting. This episode is when Sasame "drugs" the gang. She finds out that they're going to be killed. Then the people try to kill them, but it obviously doesn't work. You should watch this episode. You could tell that Sasame was going to try to save them anyways..well, I had a feeling. Yeha. Well, nevertheless, Naruto and the gang convince Sasame that they WILL get her cousin from Orochimaru. Naruto also states that it is "low", even for Orochimaru to just take people like that or something. Yeha, just watched this episode. Very intersting.
  • It just keeps getting better and better!

Wow, I never thought Sasame would turn out to be a traitor... And that little fact is exactly why I am not a ninja. I'm too trusting. Anyway, the group, currently consisting of Jiraiya, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasame, continue looking for Orochimaru's Lair, when Sasame suddenly declares that she knows the way. So off they go, and Jiraiya decides that it's time for a lunch break. Sasame tells them that she will go off to make tea, and slips some drugs into it very similar to the one that Tsunade used on Jiraiya about 50 episodes ago. The other three appear to drink the tea, and all collapse on top of each other. Then Sasame shoots up some red sparks (that part reminded me of Harry Potter :P) and those three shinobi from before show up. They prepare to kill Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraiya, but Sasame begs them not to. They told her that Orochimaru just wanted to run some tests on them. One of the ninja knocks her backwards, and she is caught by Naruto, who hands her off to Sakura. You see, they never actually drank the tea. They suspected Sasame to have some connection with Orochimaru and remembered the stunt Tsunade pulled on Jiraiya with the drugged tea. Then that ant person, Kagerou, reveals that he is actually female, and sheds his, well, I guess her, skin, also revealing that she is quite lovely. The Kagerou does a jutsu that shortens her life, but she believes it's for the good of the Fuma Clan. However, she is quickly defeated by Jiraiya and Naruto. The other two ninja take her back to Orochimaru, begging him to save her. However, Orochimaru kills all three of them.
  • It was a good filler.

Yes, I am desperate to level up and that's why I'm reviewing every chance I get. So basically the whole Fuuma clan thing is revieled. That Sasame-Chan girl tries to drug the people, but when it comes down to it she's like not evil and those people who tricked her get killed... pointless huh? Well at least there was some action. It was so funny when Sakura stopped Jiraiya cuz she thought he was after her hahaha funny. Yeah, I'm not really sure if that's the end of that story, but it was good. For a filler that is. 101 words!