Naruto

Pure Betrayal, and a Fleeting Plea

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Feb 09, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• It just keeps getting better and better!

Wow, I never thought Sasame would turn out to be a traitor... And that little fact is exactly why I am not a ninja. I'm too trusting. Anyway, the group, currently consisting of Jiraiya, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasame, continue looking for Orochimaru's Lair, when Sasame suddenly declares that she knows the way. So off they go, and Jiraiya decides that it's time for a lunch break. Sasame tells them that she will go off to make tea, and slips some drugs into it very similar to the one that Tsunade used on Jiraiya about 50 episodes ago. The other three appear to drink the tea, and all collapse on top of each other. Then Sasame shoots up some red sparks (that part reminded me of Harry Potter :P) and those three shinobi from before show up. They prepare to kill Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraiya, but Sasame begs them not to. They told her that Orochimaru just wanted to run some tests on them. One of the ninja knocks her backwards, and she is caught by Naruto, who hands her off to Sakura. You see, they never actually drank the tea. They suspected Sasame to have some connection with Orochimaru and remembered the stunt Tsunade pulled on Jiraiya with the drugged tea. Then that ant person, Kagerou, reveals that he is actually female, and sheds his, well, I guess her, skin, also revealing that she is quite lovely. The Kagerou does a jutsu that shortens her life, but she believes it's for the good of the Fuma Clan. However, she is quickly defeated by Jiraiya and Naruto. The other two ninja take her back to Orochimaru, begging him to save her. However, Orochimaru kills all three of them.