Naruto

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

X-626

Naruto Fan Reviews page 10 of 53

• my favorite anime

Twelve years ago ago, a demon fox with nine tails appeared. His tail was powerful enough to cause mountains to crumble and tidal waves to form with only a swing. The Shinobis fought long and hard to contain the demon until one Shinobi, Fourth Hokage, sacrificed his life to seal it.

Onwards to the present: Naruto is the mischievous orphan of Konoha (Hidden Leaf Village) who dreams that one day the people of the village will acknowledge him and that he will become as well respected as village's 4 Hokage (leaders). Now, however, Naruto does whatever he can to drum up attention but mostly incurs their wrath rather than compassion. Only his teacher, Iruka, shows him kindness - which is somewhat ironic because Naruto is his worst student and in danger of failing his Academy graduation exam for the third (and final) time.

On the day of Naruto's graduation, Mizuki contrives a plot to steal the Hokage's Scroll of Seals which includes several forbidden ninja techniques. That plot requires Naruto to break in and steal the Scroll and give it to him. When the villagers learn that Naruto has taken the scroll, Iruka goes after him and finds himself in the middle of the plot, where it looks as if Mizuki will take Iruka's life to get his hands on the Scroll. Luckily Naruto has mastered one of the forbidden techniques and can use it to not only defeat Mizuki but also graduate from the academy.

Soon, Naruto is well on his way to becoming a full-fledged ninja. And because ninja work in teams, Naruto finds himself partnered with the girl he has a crush on, Sakura, and the boy she has a crush on, Sasuke. He and Sasuke soon become rivals and their sensei, Kakashi, must go to great lengths to teach his young Genin the value of teamwork.

Naruto starts off with a lot of slapstick but quickly becomes more intense as these newly minted ninja must come to terms with the realities of the outside world. This is one anime where they aren't afraid to show blood or death. The fight scenes range from typical punch/kicks to special bloodline techniques specific to clans.

For the most part, the anime is well paced, although sometimes the story arcs do move slowly. The story really starts to pick up in the mid-20s when Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are reunited with their fellow classmates for the prestigious Chuunin exam, which will drastically change the lives of the genin involved and the make up of Konoha.

The world of Naruto is richly complex. It is a mixture of old and modern society with power lines and tvs within villages but where ninja techniques are substituted for mass weaponry and medicine. People tend to travel on foot and send messengers rather than traveling by car or plane or calling someone on the phone.

The countries are set up similar to the politics of feudal Japan. Each operates as a separate political entity, presumably ruled by a monarch, though occasionally, countries will sign peace treaties with other countries. Hidden Villages are places within countries where citizens are trained to become ninja. Ninja are a valuable economic resource for countries because they complete missions for anyone who's willing to pay. Missions are ranked according to their difficulty and dangerousness and priced accordingly. They can include anything from gardening and housework to protecting a key person from assassination to fighting in war.

Naruto, for instance, lives in Konoha which is the ninja village of Fire Country. Konoha has a reputation for first class ninjas and receives a number of jobs each year. However, it does have its enemies, including those who are jealous of Konoha's success and those who were once Konoha nin but left the village to pursue their own agendas.

This anime has something for everyone. There are rivalries between clans, family turmoil, love triangles, friendly competition between rivals, and good hearted comradery between teammates. 150 episodes later, I'm amazed at how much the characters have grown and developed.
  • Naruto Usumaki is a 12 year old boy trying to become a ninja. he is ophaned and rejected by society because the nine tailed fox demon's spirit resides in him. the story is about his way to becoming hokage, the villages top ninja.

this show is a combination of comedy, romance, action, tear-jerker moments and lovable characters! i recomend it to kids age range from 12-16 or so but adults can watch it to. I'd give this and rating of infinity if i could. it's my favorite anime ever! The creator Mashi Kishamoto is a genus and though i sometime's feel he could lay off some of the more obvious nuddidy at least in the English version there is smoke when Naruto does his 'you know what' jutus and there is much less nuddidy in this show and manga than in others. i also give this show bonus points for being a manga as well as an anime.
  • The story starts off with an orphan who wants to be the next Hokage.In the first episode Mizuki tells him that the nine tailed fox is inside him. Now Sasuke has left team 7 for Lord Orochimaru. Naruto has become restless and longs to get him back.

Naruto is, to say the least in my opinion, one of the best anime shows out there. It keeps readers and viewers constantly entertained with action, drama, and romance (not exactly serious romance but still there is romance). Naruto is soemthing that a lot of people could relate to. Whether it be that you are fighting over a guy/girl with your best friend or simply the fact that you feel rejected by society. You can find someone in the show that is going through something similar to what you are going through. Not only is it relateable but the story line keeps you very involved. So if you don't like to follow shows then Naruto probably won't be for you. But if you do than join the club! ;)
  • half the frikkin series is flashbacks and fillers

well actually the show is currently ok, but starting from today, this show will be nothing but fillers until naruto shippuden when they become teenagers (2 and a half years later). just watch, this show is gonna lose ALOT of fans. and when the show comes bak as naruto shippuden, people are gona have high expectations but are gonna be disappointed again. there's gonna be like filler episodes in between the series even though there will be action. theres gonna be alot of stare downs and alot of talkimg the new series will be good but it wont be as good as people think. so brace urselves naruto fans!! the only thing u have to look forward to now is one piece on toonami...
  • well how can i say it NARUTO IS AWSOME!!! i love this show it is so cool just to sit down and watch it anytime of the day first time i saw it i wz like dat was so cool i waz blowen away it was the 15th anime show i had seen it was cool.

how can i explain naruto in only more than 100words i would need pages and pages its a great show so if u have never seen it u should sit down and watch it one day its a funny,action packed show even crushs and well its just good to watch "belive it!" its good to watch on a day ur sad it will make u laugh so hard and u could watch it 24 hours a day non stop datz how good it is now i am sure all anime fans or naruto fans will agree wif me when i say its great
  • the beggining seasons of naruto were in my opinion horrible but after the timeskip where it transfers into naruto shippuden it turns great

7.6
    naruto was a lasting show and a very poupular one at that but it could never hold its own ground compared to other influental animations until later when it started its season of naruto shippuden this action packed season was so super and flowing that i watch every episode that has come out for that season so far the ninja styles are very true until you get to the part with rasengan and whatnot the season has been very true to some karate styles but they could have done better with it also but nonetheless this anime was and still is a very promising one
  • Naruto is an interesting show that follows a young ninja named Naruto and his friends. The show starts out very good, but I find it to drag occasionally.

Naruto is a good show overall, but I tend to hate shows when they get too long. Naruto is well over 100 episodes now, and that's a bit much for me. I tend to get bored with a show after 65 episodes. After that, I feel that shows are pretty much the same plot. Problem, fight solution, problem, fight, solution. Same thing after so many episodes.I would recommend that you watch it, and if you can take over 100 episodes, then go ahead. But don't write it off. If you're a shonen fan, then you'll probably like it. Just try it. Not my favorite show, but it is worthy of praise.
  • The ninja Version of DBZ is what Naruto is. Of course if i was basing my rating on the dubbed version it would be 6 at best. Sadly dubbing always seems to butcher an anime :D

Sadly dubbing always seems to butcher an anime :(

As the series rolls on it starts to get less interesting but it all leads up to the second Naruto series the Naruto Hurricane Chronicles. This series picks up where after the first 220ish episodes end. Like the begining of Naruto it is much more about missions. Unlike the end of Naruto's first series which is basically the EMO bonding in battles(etc) of the trainee ninjas in his peer group.
  • This is one of those classic stories of a great show that screwed up for no good reason and became a disappointing show.

I am so sick of what Naruto has become. Now ive had my ups and downs with naruto. i didnt like it very much at first and i thot it wouldnt last. it grew on me and eventually i considered it to be "decent." by the time the chuunin exams reached its boiling point, i was hooked. the entire story intrigued me and i couldnt get enough. i remember it was summer when i was eager for new episodes that i searched the internet for subbed japanese episodes just so i could see what happened. then...shipuuden came out. it was great at first and i loved it. the action was great as always and the fight b/w sakura and sasori was awesome. then the show went back to sasuke and everything fell apart.

i swear. every single episode for the past 10 weeks has been the same crap. flashbacks...nothing happens...flashback...nothing happens...flashback from the beginning of the episode...flashback of the middle...nothing happens.those of you who kno what i am talking about will understand. i am really banking on this new arc tho and i hope that the series goes back to what made it great. we dont want another family guy
  • Yep! It's totally classic! ^_^

This show is one of my favorites even though I actually watched the show 2 times because I don't have lots of time to make see more episodes but honestly, it's really cool for me! YAY!! Action and adventure rocks too! lol, not only for musical movies .. ^,^ Ninja's are my favorites too!

I know that lots of people loves this show and I think I'm one of them already.. Sakura is my favorite there weeeee..

So, like what I said, this show really rocks and totally classic! I was hoping to watch more episodes for this show.. I was planning to buy a DVD for Naruto :) I hope I will soon.
  • Naruto is a a steadily improving show with great character. Naruto can be a bit immature at times but when he is serious he is a great person.

Naruto is a a steadily improving show with great character. Naruto can be a bit immature at times but when he is serious he is a great person. Sakura's lack of ability to really fight can be a bit irritating at times as well as her blind love for Sasuke who she really doesn't even know or understand can also be bothersome. Sasuke really needs some time for self discovery and he needs to learn what it is he truly wants. I don't think he really wants revenge I think he truly just wants to be loved. Hinata is my personal favorite character her perseverance and personality are just too cute. Lee, Gaara, and Temari are some other character faves of mine. Anyway this shows chronicles their journey to become ninja and the personal and not so personal struggles o get there. For me the most annoying thing about the show would be the teen filler characters who are angsty and rude to Naruto who he repeatedly has to tell them that their lives are not so bad and then the teens end up being good people. Not to say that I don't like the filler there are lots of filler episodes that I like, such as the ramen making one. Anyways this is a great show that I at first just thought was ok but it gets better with every season.
  • One of the best shows out there, at least this hurricane season, it becomes fabulous when they treat the character as it must be, a grow up boy with serious attention of what really he is, a Shinobi. Please we want more of this show!

One of the best shows out there, at least this hurricane season, it becomes fabulous when they treat the character as it must be, a grow up boy with serious attention of what really he is, a Shinobi. Naruto is the best show because the drawing, the argument, the action and all the panorama is about the best in anime issues. Of course we have another animes like bleach and kenichi, but this one is particularly more complex than meets the eye. All of you who don't know about this, give it a try, you will not regret to see this in action. I recommend the first episodes until the fight between Sasuke and Naruto in berserk mode, and of course this second season, hurricane chronicles.
  • Naruto is the BEST!!!!

I love this anima. If u haven't seen it u have to. Naruto is so funny and i love how he has the nine tail fox inside him. It makes the show so cool and when sasuke leaves it is even better because it makes u want to watch the show even more. The charictors are sweet. I really want to know what happends in the 4th movie. Naruto can't die because there is episodes after the movie that means he is a still alive. He is the main charictoer so i don't think he will die. He might die BUT then he will be brought back to life somehow. Like how gaara was brought back to life. That was a good episode ^_^
  • This is probably the best anime show there is, besides Teen Titans.

This is the 2nd best anime show I've ever seen. I really like it but I don't know why the creator chose the name "Naruto" I guess it's a Japanese name. I will be mad when the show ends. But until that happens, I'm happy. :D This show has A LOT of fans nd it seems like the forum is active every single day. I watched my first episode last year and I watched it because I was bored and there was really nothing I liked on.So i watched it and then after the episode, I got hooked on the show. That's my review of "Naruto"
  • I love this show.

This show is the absolute best. Lots of interesting heroes, interesting villains, and interesting plots. It's really cool with all the Jutsu and stuff. My absolute favorite character is Naruto. I also like Sakura, Sasuke, Ino, Choji, Shikamaru, Neji, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, and Lee. I hate Orochimaru. He's a totally insane power hungry lunatic.

I love the first five seasons. I wish they could have gone straight to the timeskip instead of having all of the stupid filler arcs. I mean, the filler arcs are decent, but unnecessary.

Anyway, I think Naruto is the best show ever!! At least it is to me.
  • This show is the best!

I started watching this show on ytv and the pilot episode made me and my brother laugh like alot, naruto keeps doing he's sexy jutsu which makes any male adult get a nosebleed. I have no idea why I stopped watching this show at episode 152. I usually stayed home and watched every episode on my laptop but now I got interested in other animes like, zatch bell, chobits, full metal alchemist, trigun and records of a lodoss. the show presents a love triangle.
    Naruto loves sakura and sakura loves sasuke which makes naruto hate sasuke since he shows off to everybody in the class. This show is great for everyone and everyone should like it.
  • A very origional story where the the bad guy wins some times but the main guy gets better and better. It builds too much.

The plot of this show changes every season. First it's about Naruto becomeing a ninja. Then It's about him and sasuke. then it's the chunnin exams. Then it's Orochimaru attacking. Then it's Naruto learning the rasengan. Then they look for Tsunade. Then she becomes hokage. Then it's back t othe chunnin exams. Then it's the sasuke retrieval. Then It's the big Naruto Sasuke fight. Then it's pretty much getting Sasuke back for the rest. Very origional plot. Especially the twist about Naruto having the 9 tailed fox trapped in him. Different than any other show I have ever seen. It keeps your attention. Some filler episodes can be very funny like the one episode Gotta see Gotta know Kakashi's true face. Very entertaining.
  • The best anime ever!!! Naruto Uzamaki is a ninja from the village hidden in the leaves. He is the nine tailed fox and can transform into a mini kyuubi in Naruto Shipuuden. Naruto may lose all self control and awareness when the 4th tail forms.

I actually hated Naruto too (just me misjudging again) but my older brother would always watch it on Saturday nights and he got me into it. I hate Saskue the most but I hate Itachi even more. They are both jerks. But I'm in love with Kiba Inuzuka. He and Akamaru are soo cute and have a killer jutsu. The battle between Saskue and Naruto was extremely amazing. I also love Naruto Shipuuden I watch the episodes on you tube all the time. Can't wait until fillers are over and they start showing Shipuuden. Naruto is the best anime out there!!!
  • It is the best show I will ever watch

I nmy opinion it is the best show in the world, but the American version needs a little more maturity, in japan the show is created with the idea a large portion of the audience includes adults, but in the US the only network that airs it is run by what is most likly monkeys. Other than the show lacking in that, it is most likly the best show ever thought of.Before this I never would watch tv, I would sit and read or nothing, but this show has gotten me active. I ues this show as inspiration as I workout, and scence I began watching I was able to up my weights by over three times my original max.
  • naruto uzumaki is a kid who has a demon sealed i himself done by his father so know he wants to be hokage

is the story of Naruto Uzumaki, a shinobi who wants to obtain the title of Hokage. However, an incident occured 12 years ago, when a demon fox attacked the village; many shinobi fell, until the 4th sealed the demon within a baby. As a result, the adults see Naruto as the demon. Now a Genin, Naruto is part of a three-man team - the members are Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and their instructor, Kakashi. Together, they will face many challenges, make friends, face deadly enemies, and try to survive each other.Naruto vs sasuke was an awesome battle sasuke didnt really win naruto was only unconcious after the battle
  • A boy sealed with a demon wanting to become hokage with intense battles awesome jutsus

Naruto a boy sealed with a vicious nine tailed demon fox battles villains learns awesome jutsus such as the rasengan summoning jutsu with his ninja friends.the battles and jutsus are pretty cool.d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d
  • It's an anime made after the famous manga by Masashi Kishimoto...

It starts off with Naruto who lives in the ninja village called Konohagakure who wants to become the village's number one ninja ergo Hokage.Having no talent graduating from the ninja academy proves extremely difficult , but eventually he does it and ends up in a team with Haruno Sakura,Uchiha Sasuke and his sensei Hatake Kakashi and they work as a ninja team to complete ninja missions.The first arc of the show is usually referred to as the Zabuza arc,where they are supposed to go on a C-Rank mission which is the second easiest of missions and protect a Tazuna the bridge builder,but then things go wrong and they find out the mission is actually worth to be classified as an A-Rank mission due to enemy ninja.Thanks to their sensei Hatake Kakashi and the talented shinobi Uchiha Sasuke the first two ninja were no problem ,but then they fight Zabuza who is able to trap Kakashi.Eventually Sasuke and Naruto save Kakashi while Sakura acts like her usual useless self and just does nothing.Unfourtunately Sakura is useless in the same way until Part 2 which is aka Shippuuden.This is just the first arc in a nut-shell and the series is extremely long and it would take easily over 600 words to describe it all so it's really smarter just to watch it for yourself to see if you like it.
  • This has to be my favourite show ever!!!!!

This is such a great show, ill admit its not everyones type, but i personaly think its great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naruto is my favourtie topic to talk about and i highly reccomend this to any person who loves anime, action and comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite character is Naruto, because he is soooo super cool and i think he has a great personality. I also really like hinata!!!!!!!!!!!

Naruto is the best show ever!!!!!! Narito is the best show ever!!!!!!!
    Naruto is the best show ever!!!!!
    so yeah u get the point... ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • The epidimy of amazing.

The hidden leaf village was attacked by the nine tailed fox demon and the fourth Hokage saved the village by sealing the demon inside the body of a baby boy who turned out to be Naruto Uzumaki. He grew up parentless being neglected, shunned, and hated by all the villagers. They hated him because they feared that the demon who had once killed their loved ones and desroyed their village would take over him and attack the village again. Growing up not knowing the love of a parent or the respect of anyone in the village made him strive to work hard and become the hokage of the village when he grows up so that he could prove himself to the village and gain their respect. He became very strong willed and would never give up no matter how hard things got and would risk his life if that was what it would take to become hokage of the village. In ninja school he struggled and often messed up just to get attention but his sensei Iruka beleived in him when no one else would and encouraged him until he graduated. This show is very unique and has a deep meaningful plot and very relatable characters who develop and have interesting backgrounds. There is extremely impressive action and lots of cliffhangers that always keep you interested. This show can make you laugh and cry and even give you a new outlook on life. Once you watch this show it will probably become one of your favorites. I definitely do not know where I would be today without this show. It has changed me and uplifted me to be a much stronger person. Naruto is probably one of my favorite anime characters of any anime I've seen, he amazes me and inspires me and is just basically my hero. I absolutely love the show Naruto it is amazing in every way. I owe Naruto alot I dont know what kind of person I would be today without him.
  • this is the best show!

ok yeah it should be rated like 10 but to make it fair i did 9.8 because this is the best like nuber 1 on my favourite and best show list. this is such an awesome show naruto is lik wow nothing can be better than this. it's getting better and beter each episode i never miss an episodde of naruto and i just watch like the good episodes over and over again because its wow i mean wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok yeah i am too excited and i think they should not stop making naruto like i mean if the people who like naruto that watched naruto vs. sasuke was like the best and the greatest battle i have ever seen and resangan and chidori wow that was such a battle. well i like other shows too but this is nuber one so if you like anime fighting shows this is the one you are looking for but just watch it on the computer.
  • onre word needed awsomness.

naruto is an awsome ninja anime show. naruto is really good with the tention build up and the venture of wat will happen next. naruto was the first animeshow i would watch and i can't wait till they go to the the shonnen jump in the seires. my favorite character is hinata. she may not be one of the main characters but she is one of the beat ones. the main character naruto is a goof and is way to strong headed. i love watching this show every saturday nights it is really a comedy and anime mixed. then again that is pretty mouch like every other anime show.anyway this is my favorite anime show ever.
  • "Speechless"

If you haven't seen this show yet then you are lost. I have seen Naruto and I am now on Naruto Shippuden. So you may be saying Shippuden hasn't come out yet. In english though but in Japanese yes and believe me it rocks though you may not be able to find some episodes since youtube deletes them due to copyright problems you can still some episodes like the one out right now 47 on February 28 the next one comes out but you have to be quick to watch it as soon as someone puts it out or you'll have to wait up some time but believe me once you see episode 40 - the episode now you'll ask yourself a question and I shall give you the answer. The question is should I watch Naruto Shippuden the answer is and will always be for me and maybe now you -YES
  • One of the best shows out there!

On my opinion Naruto is a great anime both in the original japanese version AND the English dub. I don't understanf why everyone hates the English dub so much, but I watch Naruto in both languages. My favorite characters are: Gaara, Lee, Sasuke, and Itachi. YAY! I love the story of Naruto, and Naruto is the first show EVER to really have me interested in action and anime and other things like that. I also love the manga and I try to read ahead as much as possible. To sum it all up, Naruto is a show that is really inspiring to me, and it inspires me to make my own manga
  • Has to be THE best thing I've watched in ages.

I absolutely love this show, it has to be one of the best ones out there, I know there are a lot of haters on this show, but seriously. You guys probably havent even seen a full episode. I love the series as it goes along, the series becomes so much darker, in my opinion. Every week I cannot wait to see the new episodes of Shippuuden or read the manga. The show has tones of depth and continues with it, there is a lot of character development in the series, so that nobody is the same, the biggest change has to be Naruto. I feel as if throughout the series he's matured, even if it isn't noticable and he keeps some of his bratty atitude, but that what we all love. Well me anyway. And I think Naruto gets like really HOT in the Shippuuden series, that seems so wrong, that he's an anime character and all, but it's undeniable. We see a big change in Sakura too. A serious change in strength and how much she does in the series. I have to admit, she has changed a lot, not that I never hated her, I always liked her, but thought that she was hardly ever used in the series, but she has been used more and more now and there is less of Naruto and more of the other characters showing their stuff, which is always a good thing. I can't wait to see Sasuke again. Well we do, but I'm not letting any spoilers drop for people who have never seen it. I have been watching this series for about two years now and I havent lost interest once, in fact I think my obsession keeps growing with every new episode.
    A very cliche ending to this review, but hell, it's true. I recomened this show to anyone of any age. Well you'd have to be pretty brave to admit it in my school, in which I still have trouble with. But it is an easily enjoyable show.
  • Watch it,dattebayo. You have to watch it,believe it!!

It's the most awesomess thing ever to exist ever,and it will be like that forever...Naruto shall not eve end!It is too awesome,Naruto ftw!!

It's the best,everything is awesome!Both english dub and japanese are...Are.....The best!..But,beware the shippuden/hurricane chronicles anime

It is mega awesome!Spectacular!Breath taking!It rules so much,that it's...It is awesome!Naruto rules,the openings,the endings,the genjutsu,the ninjutsu,the jutsus,the taijutsu,the "characters",the plot and the setting[among other things.]....Naruto rules!!

There are millions of reasons to watch it!It is soooo awesome!!Naruto rules,it's the best show in the universe,no make it the best thing in the universe,thought Naruto isn't a thing.....Just watch it,it is too awesome not to watch.Naruto rocks!

Btw,naruto is the best....Believe it-tebayo!
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14