Naruto

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

X-626

Naruto Fan Reviews page 51 of 52

• If you haven't seen Naruto, you haven't seen the best Japan has to offer.

Uzumaki Naruto is a human vessel of a nine tailed demon fox (or Kyuubi) that pillaged villages and destroyed mountains. The Fourth Hokage, the 4th top ninja, sealed the fox in Naruto. The plot is genius, and the action beats DBZ by a long shot. But after the praising comes the flaws. The main flaws are in the dub. The dub is actually half decent, but Naruto's voice is not done well. At least it's uncut. So, if you're looking for amazing ninja action, watch Naruto. Or better yet, watch the japanese version. The VA for the Japanese version is flawless as well.
  • I am in no way at all a manga fan I prefer American comics. So I never read Naruto before, although I love anime with such a great passion. This has to be my new favorite.

Well as I said before I am a big anime fan and so when I watch a little of adult swim, a cartoon network commercial sometimes comes on. It was for Naruto I was skeptical thinking it would be a 4Kids Slaughter, even though it isn't even made by 4Kids thank god. So when it came on that Saturday night I was blown away. This anime was amazing, not dumb down for the kiddies and not over the top adult more like in the middle. The story is new and fresh for an anime like this, and the V.O isn't so bad that you will gouge your eyes out (It's a little sketchy though, but not anything that bad).

Plus this reminded me of a Nintendo game, why well this might sound ridiculous but maybe it was because, of the interesting characters and colorful new world. I can't say anything negative about this except the dialogue will get a little repetitive, then again this looks like a loooooooong anime. So maybe their first few episodes are going to get you to remember things.

If you’re an anime fan.. WATCH THIS NOW!

Plus I do think this will become a huge franchise, that will finnally get it's place in the U.S.
  • One of those rare shows which gives you that rare feeling in your stomach

Funny, exciting, innovative, what more could you want in a tv show.This is my personal favorite show and i reccommend this to anyone who wants to watch a good show. It has lots of humour, innovative and exciting action, and a few sad scenes that can really make you have "something" in your eye.
  • uhh hmm maby

0.0
    i think this show is great but its not on in many places so i cant wait to watch it on tv ^_^ i think its gonna be one of the best shows on tv!!!! theres lots of great shows but this one is one of the best!! yeah!! yeah!!
  • uzumaki naruto is on his quest of trying to become the next hokage so everyone will acknowledge his existence this is one of the greatest animes i realllly love it

well i liked naruto because some really good action in it and also the storyline is really good i think alot of people will really enjoy it if you like anime definitely should see naruto!!1 it has alots of good elements in it its got some nudity when naruto does "orioke no jutsu" but i wouldnt worry since hes covered by smoke well what dont know what to tell ya but just watch it and i promise by the first 10 or 20 youll definitely want some more!!!! :)
  • Nice, Very nice

A friend of mine introduced me to the Naruto series, and I have liked it from the first moment I saw Gaara of the Sand walk across the screen! I am now engaged with trying to watch all of the episodes starting with the very first one, and I am impressed beyond measure by it's storyline, which manages to combine action, adventure, humor, science fiction/fantasy, and coming-of-age elements all in one. I wouldn't recommend it for young children due to some very dark elements which surface and, of course, violence. However, the very dark elements succeed in intensifying the storyline, and in character building. All the characters are very unique, no cookie-cutter fill-ins here!, and the bad guys are especially well developed. This is a far cry from Skeletor and Cobra which were the villains of my youth (and oops, I've just dated myself). The only drawback I can think of are the excessively long battle scenes, which can take up several episodes. The number of episodes in proportion to the importance of the battle.
  • this is a awsome anime everyone should watch it!

it is about ninja boy naruto who has the legendary 9 tail in him everyone rejects him and thinks him as an monster that should be destroyed he finds teammates in the two sasuke and sakura after learning to be a ninja they have many hard ships together like there very first a class mission!
  • best show ive ever seen.

you will like it to . dont miss the premeir.
    i encorage you to watch this show on cartoon network/toonami on september tenth(10th) at 9.00-10.00.

this show is better than any show ive ever seen.better than south ;park,futrama,and dragonballz .and if you miss it you can watch it again at 9.30.

starts september 10th 9.00
    2nd episodeseptember 10th 9.30
  • 1 000 000/10

This is the best animation I have ever seen. It's wonderful drama and superb storylines give it a 1 000 000 out of 10. It follows the adventures of a young boy named Uzumaki Naruto who had a demon sealed within him at birth, the sadness and anger of the horrid things the demon caused is channeled directly to him, some even deny him the right to exist. Naruto, being innocent and oblivious of the demon sealed within him is sad and lonely and once he finds out about the demon, instead of abusing it's powers he vows to becom Hokage(Village Champion) whom everyone has the most respect for. As the story progresses you may even become a Narutard(Naruto Fanantic) and claim this is the best story in the world. The real only flaw was made by the villans at the animation studio by tampering with Kishimoto's flawless story, as a result some ignorant people even hate the characters.
  • Follows the story of a young boy, Uzumaki Naruto, Konoha villages number one loud mouth and clumsy ninja, sealed within him is a "Demon Fox", one that almost destroyed the village 12 years ago and his journey to become "Hokage" the title given to the vill

Easily one of the best animes to come out of Japan in a long time and with an extremely large fanbase, its easy to see why Naruto has become as popular as it is and is set to become more popular when it airs in the US very shortly.
    It has it all, comedy, action and drama all rolled into one with a very well written storyline, its hard not to be hooked.
    The characters are the key to the show, each one special and lovable in their own way, yet all with their own story to tell.

• Naruto was a boy possessed by the Legendary Nine-Tails fox after it attacked his village in his early youth. Experiencing cruelty and a hard childhood, he grew up nonetheless care-free, optimistic, caring, energetic, and determined -aspiring to be a Hokag

Naruto is one of the longest Anime Series to come out in the last few years. Based on an original manga by Masashi Kishimoto, it has been dubbed the most popular Anime in Japan for quite a time, and has caught a lot of foreign fans even before it's debut in Cartoon Network on September 10, 2005.

With very innovative ninja techniques called jutsus, the action is often fast paced, and the plot is engaging.

Themed around a world of ninja villages, this anime has a lot interesting character development, a lot believable emotional material, as well as plenty of comedic scenes.

The animation quality is very good, and the music is highly praised.

It is worth checking out, and it is very easy to like.
  • One of my favorite anime of all time...

... if it weren't for the filler arcs! ARGH!

It's currently the only anime I download every single week. What started as a casual reading (of the manga) turned into an addictive "When's the next episode gonna be released" roller coaster.

Unfortunately, the constant filler arcs prevent me from giving the show a 10.

It's the classic tale of friendship, growing up, hardships only not sugarcoated. There's violence, there's blood, even death of the good guys.

Everybody cried when Haku and Zabuza died. You know you did!

A new and refreshing take of human bondage, growing up, the hardships of life. It's like growing up all over again!
  • Naruto is just one anime for many people, but for me, it's the best and only anime that made me re-view (so far) 14x all the episodes released so far.

Naruto is a kid who fights with all his guts to achieve his goal of being Hokage, and complete his missions. The anime itself is suited for those who used to love or loves Dragon Ball. If you watch the 5 first episodes, you will ask for more, and I am not teasing.

The philosophy and the story of Naruto is just the best I have ever seen in an anime / movie.

The way they talk about the meaning of life, the reason why does anyone live, other feelings that some might have experienced, it's all showed in Naruto.

Words can't describe how good Naruto is, Naruto can only be seen in it's trully good and amazing anime with Naruto's episodes and Naruto's story!

Hail the anime Naruto!
  • Struggling to become acknowledged by the people of his village, Uzumaki Naruto embarks on his own way of the ninja. With his teammates Sakura and Sasuke, his group teacher, Kakashi, and the rest of the rookie genins, we watch as he grows as a skilled nin

I love this show because not only is it a crucially action packed show, it also holds humour that never goes dry. It definitely possesses all of the quirks i look for in a television show. Although at times, some of the characters appear to be a tad overpowered, they always reveal a flaw in their techniques that make them vulnerable. The ones who appear to be lacking in physical or mental strengths can even come out shining as one of the best.

Over all, this show is one that i can see continuing for a few years yet.
  • The time of DBZ is over, here comes Uzumaki Naruto. One of the best shows that is out and hopefully will become a franchise like the DragonBall series.

Naruto is one show that no person should miss. The show's in depth characters and mystery makes it worth watching. Japan's creator only halfway through the series and already the anime has made it over to the United States has to tell you that the show will be a smash hit.

I give the show a 9.8 because the animation seems to start lacking after episode 20, but the story keeps you on your toes. I recommend reading the manga before watching because our television will have censored parts.
  • Geat, Awesome

9.9 because it's addicting, and I hope that the dub will not suck. I am already lucky that 4KIDS the Anime killer did not pick this up. If 4kids did... No more Sexy-No-Jutsu, Ero-Sennin is screwed, etc.

The Japanese version is just awesome.. Nothing else.. just awesome.

I rated -0.1 because this show uses one thing that annoys me the most. FLASHBACKS. HOLY, GEEZ Flashbacks are like frikkin 1 minute long and annoying because it's killing my viewing pleasure. But most aren't that long just annoying but I can live with it.
  • The compelling chracters and gripping storylines make Naruto a must watch.

Naruto has to be one of my absolute favorite animes. All of the characters are incredibly well developed, and likable. The storylines span large amounts of episodes but very rarely feel too long or monotonous. Naruto finds a perfect blend between action, drama, and comedy. This is truly one anime not to miss.
  • Awsome show. One of THE best Anime.

Naruto has become one of my favourite shows for many reasons. The characters are classic and the interaction between them are really classic. There is plenty of comedy in it with awsome action and storyline. I was hooked after seeing the first episode, and it just kept getting better and better as the series moves along. I hope they keep the awsome and original music when it comes to north america. I think it will be a great success.
  • Young Uzimaki Naruto has been outcasted from his village and shuned by his peers. For inside him lurks the nine tails fox demon that once threatend to destroy the village. But against all odds Naruto will become Hokage!!!

Okay this anime will be known as the dragonball z killer. pretty soon you will be seeing kids with naruto t-shirts and other accessories. Video games will be plentyful and you will have no clue about what kids are talking about. Naruto is that addictive and it will be the next big thing out of Japan. The tale is about a young boy named Naruto who dreams of becoming the strongest ninja in his village. But he is not what you would call a stealthy genious ninja. He actully has the reputation of being the number one loudest ninga in the village. He also grew up very alone. He was given the power of the nine tales fox demon by the 4th hokage. People dispise Naruto thinking that he is actually the fox demon reincarnated. So Naruto's dream is to become the Hokage ( head village ninja ) and have everybody recognize him.
  • Naruto is definitely a personal favorite for me.

Hmmm.... the use of ninjas in an anime is a pretty old concept isn't it? DEFINITELY!!! So what do you do to try to turn this old concept into a new anime that a majority of people will like? MODERNIZE IT!!! What do you get if you do this? NARUTO!!!

Hehehe... Naruto has truly been a trendsetter in anime for these past few years. A couple years ago, people would've been like "Naruto? What are you talking about?", but now, saying Naruto in the general anime-watching public will give you remarks such as "OMG, did you see the latest episode!?!?!?". Personally, I enjoy Naruto too. This was definitely another anime that I got hooked into after the first episode.

The question is though, why do I like Naruto? For me, it isn't because I want to follow the trend, but because of it's originality. Over the past 10 years of anime that I've seen, I've only seen one other anime where the main character is a total idiot, and when I mean that, I mean that they're not pretending, but truly have rocks for brains. One Piece and Naruto definitely have the main character as a total buffoon. Sure you can say that the underlying theme of this show isn't that great in which "If you try hard enough, you can be whatever you want to be", but still this show definitely sticks out. Along with the action/comedy mixture that seems to grown to be very successful, this show perfectly creates an entire world that makes you wonder if Naruto may have some strand of truth in it.

Anyways, what also makes Naruto pretty good is that although this show tends to revolve around Naruto, it also successfully creates stories and hidden motives present around the people who constantly interact with Naruto. Besides all the symbolism present in like almost every episode (yes I sound like some kind of English geek), this show also presents some of the best animated fight scenes that I've seen in a while. Also, although the characters continue to perform moves that seem too fanastic to believe possible, they continue to follow along with the basic physics present in the real world. Finally, it is just fun to see how ninjas would interact flawlessly with the modern world that we know of without the spontaneous "huh, that doesn't seem right" kind of feel that people can get when watching a show like Samurai Champloo. In other words, in Naruto, there is a constant that helps you realize exactly what kind of time period the show is in while Samurai Champloo seems to bombard the viewer with stuff from the past that should've already been solved if the other stuff present in the show exist.

Naruto is definitely one of the milestones in the long road of anime that has been created since around the 80s. Unfortunately, the only problem that I can see with this show is that the creators are trying to draw out too much excitement from a scene that occurs in the show. As a result, people are starting to lose interest because of its refusal to keep it "short, but sweet". Indeed this isn't the fault of the the creator of Naruto, but instead it is the fault of the creators of the show because of its attempt of trying to keep the show as short as possible while coinciding with the manga. The only problem right now is that the anime is catching up to the manga too rapidly even as it is now so they have to create fillers to slow down the show which is unintentionally discouraging people from watching the show. The creators of the show should've waited about another year or so to create the anime so that the show can continue its storyline at a faster pace with hope that the manga might end sometime soon.
  • Great, seemingly endless ninja series. Not quite perfect...

Before the start of the year 2003, I had heard very little of the adventures of Uzumaki Naruto. However, that which I had heard was all very very positive. So, I took the liberty of ordering the first 126 episodes over eBay, and I have not regretted it since. Naruto is silly, impressive and above all highly addictive, partly because almost every episode ends on a cliff-hanger. It was interesting to track the development of the visuals over time, and by the time the Chuunin Selection Exam came up, the various effects were almost film quality. It was a joy to watch.

However, yes there is indeed a however, I did find that many of the various story arcs took far, far too long to conclude. The one with Zabuza, for example, had me yawning every time they had the nerve to show us a flashback of what happened just five minutes previously. I can also imagine that, for someone tuning in to a randomly selected episode, figuring out what the blazes is going on would be an ordeal and a half without somebody explaining to them what had happened in the previous hundred-odd episodes. It is not very new-user friendly, a disturbing likeness to the Dragonball series.

On the other hand, from watching it all the way from the beginning I can safely say I have very much enjoyed Naruto thus far. It is funny, emotional and looks spectacular, even if it does draw out longer than is necissary ('draw out' hahaha).
  • Excellent. There's a reason this anime is so popular - because it's just plain good.

Naruto is an anime that is often compared the likes of Dragonball Z, though in my opinion surpasses it. It couples a dramatic story with harsh pasts for intriguing characters along with intense action scenes. Although the fights are sometimes plagued with long stints of explanations for each attacks, it doesn't hurt the effect too much.

By the time you finish watching the first nineteen episodes, you should be hooked and in love with this show. I just hope that the upcoming dub from Viz Media can showcase the brilliance of such a show.
  • Twelve-years ago a great fox-demon known as the nine-tails attacked the peaceful village-Konoha. The Hokage battled-him,and lost his life, but in the process sealed the-demon in Naruto. Hated and feared by every one he aspires to become Hokage so in retu

Naruto is truly an amazing show. From the quality of the music. To the amazing art work and detail put in to it. This show has the amazing ability to go from a serious moment to intense comedy. Each character has their own story which is written in to the plot perfectly. The way it is written makes you want to feel for each person. The truly amazing thing about this show is the spectacular fight scenes. Each ninja has their own fighting styles to implement in the fights. The inclusion of the various types of ninja jutsus or techniques is truly amazing. They range from super speed, teleportation, fire,/ water breathing and many more including the most amazing hand to hand fighting techniques that are more amazing that some of the fights in Dragonball Z. The story is truly captivating and will entice anybody.
  • NARUTARDS!

Naruto is one of the most entertaining and surreal shows out in japan right now. It keeps the viewer in their seats until the episode is over. Though the show has plenty of characters this does not slow the show down. Each character progresses in their each individual way. This anime is devoted to teamwork and friendship and in every episode a new lesson is learned. If you liked Dragonball or YuYu Hakusho you are going to love Naruto, it is one of the most exiting shows you'll ever see and maybe it wont live up to Dragonball but it will surely keep you wanting more.
  • simply put excellent

this show is mostly wat dragonball gt tried to be exciting, funny, with lots of battles and fighting and a lot of humour and igonring of the main character to develop all the others a true gem and as whole some thing most people will enjoy if you havent seen it yet then got now why you still there i said go!
  • Great show in Japan, Crappy show in USA...

Ok, first off, i am going to say that NARUTO is hitting the usa on toonami on september 10th i believe...Secondly, i want to say that this show is pretty F&*%in sweet i give it a 10.0 for the import version...it being in the USA is a huuuge - therefore i give it a 1.0... great show, but unfortunately, you will get alot of newbies that think they know the show, but really dont, and most of all the dubbing will piss me off alot...Shadow doppleganger technique!! uh, no, that just sucks, if you actually wanna watch the show. buy the import.
    USA - 1.0
    JPN - 10.0
  • Naruto is about a boy named Naruto.Naruto is a boy that has a demon fox sealed in him by the 4th hokage.Naruto was hated by the village but came to be appreciated by his teacher Iruka and many others as the series progressed.The show is still going with 1

Naruto is an awesome anime.It's my favorite along with other people as well.It's considered a Shonen anime which means it's for young boys although anyone can enjoy it.Naruto is a boy with a demon Fox in him.He was hated by the adults for having a demon in him but the children hated him as well even though they didn't know about him having a demon within.As the show progressed his skill's got better.He learned what it was like to be appreciated and learned how to control the demons powers.After graduating from the Ninja academy, he was put into a 3 man cell with Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura.Both thought of him as annoying at first but they couldn't believe how much he was improving as he was a failure at the academy.He even surpassed the #1 in his class, Sasuke.Sasuke eventually went evil in his quest for power to get revenge on his brother because his brother killed his whole family.He and Naruto fought with alot of things being said between them such as Sasuke admiting that Naruto was his friend, that they were alike, and that they were equal which is something he never thought he could be with Naruto.But before this they entered the Chuunin exams where they met Orochimaru who wanted Sasuke since Sasuke had so much potential.Anyway I could go on and on but I'll stop there and I leave off with that Naruto is an amazing series with no end in site.
  • Naruto is a must see for all of you newcomers to anime. This show's got it all. Love, Hate, Jealusy and of course drama in abundance. Naruto tells the story about one boys struggle to achieve his ultimate goal, to be achknowledged by his village and to be

Naruto offers drama from episode one and lots of it. The show has millions of viewers across the globe and it gets more every day. Untill now the show has released 145 episodes and it is increasing each week. Even thought the series has alot of filler episodes, it makes up for it by making superb episodes of those that follows the manga.

Naruto is the story about a young boy that carries a terrible demon inside him. This demon was placed there by the greatest hero in Konohagukure* (*translation: The hidden leaf village). Because of this Naruto was not only an orphan, but he also an outcast by everyone in the village. One should think that this would be enough to break everyones spirit, but Naruto decided to prove himself that he could be the greatest ninja this village has ever seen. His goal is to become the Hokage which is the strongest ninja in the village. He wants to surpass the 4th that was the one responsible for sealing the great demon within him by giving his life for the village.
  • Naruto is a solid anime and one that appeals to many different tastes. Probably a good reason for its enormous popularity. The reason why I didn't give 9 is because of its slow-moving storytelling as opposed to more recent and popular animes like Bleach a

Naruto is a fine anime. It presents the story of a young wannabe ninja named Uzumaki Naruto who eventually develops (and is still in the process of) a worthy ninja of the Konoha Hidden Leaf village. A lot of fighting is present with many ninjas from different/opposing villages and tournaments and this is what draws so many people to the anime. The fighting is creative (after 145 episodes, some of it is getting repetitive), exciting and well drawn (unlike Dragonball), so is always something to look forward to.

One gripe I have for the show is that it has started to move forward at a snail's pace. Forgive my ignorance of filler episodes (I don't exactly know which ones are), but the anime has taken liberties with the original manga. Over particular arcs in the storyline, the pace of the anime drops incredibly, which almost makes it a pain to watch.

One of the newer animes to come out that has lasted over 100 episodes, and continues to have a creative storyline with a good dose of fighting ninja action, Naruto is a gem among anime. Stuff not trying to be mainstream, Naruto is mainstream but its good. Worth taking a look at, if you haven't already watched at least SOME of it!
  • The hit Anime TV Series in Japan, "Naruto" is about a boy's dream of becoming a Hokage someday, but first he needs to undergo alot of training, trials, exams and many more to achieve his dream.

This is a worthwhile and entertaining Anime TV Series, it won't fail to make you laugh, cry and even go crazy. Simple plot, yet outstanding. The characters are very colorful, they have a distint characteristic to make you remember each and everyone of them. To conclude, "go watch and see for yourself."