TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Naruto Fan Reviews page 53 of 53

• I watch it every week. It's not going to make you a better person, but then what anime will? Some episodes are dull, but there is always one around the corner that will turn you into a Narutard all over again.

It is, like most anime that aren't running for a set number of episodes, prone to dragging on for a few episodes, then hooking you again just when you're about to tune it out. The battles can play out a bit like DBZ fights, but that's not generally the case. Dragonball Z was all about power levels and powering up, whereas Naruto is all about sneakification levels...
    A:"You fell into my trap!"
    B:"No, I saw your trap, and set my own!"
    A:"I know that, and I prepared a secondary trap, hence YOU are the trapped one!"
    B:"Nice try, but I've got infinity traps, period!"
    Surprisingly, this is addicting to watch, and once you've been peer pressured into doing the first story arc, you'll be hooked just enough to try the second, then by the third you'll be selling organs for fansubs.
    The best part is that it doesn't try to blueball you like InuYasha (or other R.T. works) with the "I love you, idiot!" crap. The crushes in the show are stupid (like the crushings of 12yr olds actually are), and the characters almost seem aware of this... to a point.
    Also note: There are already a lot of "Narutards" out there, and there'll certainly be a lot more when Cartoon Network starts airing it at the end of the summer. So, if you're trying to keep your obsession in the closet, it's going to be pretty hard.
  • Blah ninjas who fight random people who attack them for no good reason,the main plot of the story is for Sasuke to avenge his family by finding his brother.This show=overrated.

The fight scenes are boring,all they do is talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, fight for 4 seconds,talk,that takes about 5 episdoes.5 episdoes to kill 1 guy,the strategies are lame and the characters suk.The comedy is supposed to be funny??I wanted to watch this show so badly but it let me down,by the boring action scenes,i lost my patience around the first 30 episodes.Bleach is something better to watch.
  • Naruto is a story of a boy who is shunned by all around him simply because he has a demon fox sprit sealed inside him. So if the people want to act like he is not there he is going to show them reasons to acknowledge him.

Naruto is good because it take some many things and lumps them in together. The drawing is crisp and clear, the story’s it tells are one that can be related by old and young alike, the voice acting seems spot on and the music is very good. For me personally it was the opening song of the first episode that made me want to see what this anime was about. The drama and the music in the background seemed to mix perfectly together. It can even draw you in and have you rooting for the good guys despite the odds and have you understanding the bad guys even thou they are there to ruining the good guys fun.
    The one thing I think most people will take out of this show if they watch it is the determination of the main character. No matter what the odds or obstacles he will never let anyone stop him from reaching his goal or harm those who are important to him. This is a good anime that even if you have never seen anime or given it a decent chance you will want to see it and maybe even change your view on anime itself.
  • This show is about a boy named Uzumaki Naruto, trying to fulfill his goal becoming the villiage Hokage which is the town top ninja. But the problem is no one respects him because a monster nail tails has been seal within his body.

This show is about a boy named Uzumaki Naruto, trying to fulfill his goal becoming the village Hokage which is the town top ninja. But the problem is no one respects him because a monster, nail tails, has been seal within his body. Naruto must gain respect with team 9, which consist of Sasuke (Naruto's rival and very talented ninja), Sakura(a girl whom Naruto has a crush on but likes Sasuke) and Kakashi (sensei of Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto).
    The reason why this show rocks so much is because each character is so deep and the fighting is so great. Each character in the show is different from each other. The show goes into a lot of detail of each character so you begin getting attach to a couple of them.( My favorite characters are Rock Lee, Jiraiya and a course Naruto). Also the fight scence are so great because everyone has such different fighting styles, from ninja fighting using illusion to using bugs to puppets.
    Can't wait until North America gets this show later this year. It is a must see show for anyone who likes anime.

• Uzumaki Naruto's personal quest to become the next Hokage of the hidden leaf village of Konoha. His journey takes many turns as he grows as a ninja....

So far this anime has become an epic journey of everyone's favorite ninja, Naruto. Naruto has captured the same humor that fueled the generations love of classics such as Dragonball and Dragonball Z. And while this humor is apparent, Naruto has also captured the creative story telling that keeps fans interested on a weekly basis. I can't wait until wed when I can download the next episode from Japan. Beautiful animation, thrilling storyline, and a character that you have to want to succeed. Naruto is a 10 on all fronts.