TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Naruto Fan Reviews (1565)

• Awesome!!

This is back when Naruto was completely amazing. Shippuden started off okay and just got terrible. Plus it doesn't compare to the original. I won't deny this show has faults. Like most of the female characters are bland or annoying (except for Temari and Hinata) and the English dub isn't the best either. But other than that, this show has great soundtrack, awesome fights, and some of the best villains. Some of my favorite characters when it comes to the original are Orochimaru, Gaara, Sarutobi, Zabuza, and Jiraiya. This also has been one of the few things that has made me cry. Especially when it came to Zabuza. Seeing him develop as a character was inspiring and his death scene to this day still gets me teary. Overall, I just love the original Naruto series. I know other says it's overrated or that it's terrible, but does that stop me from loving it? Of course not........................................ That happens with Shippuden.

EDIT 8/2/15: So apparently there is a live action Naruto movie in the works right now by Liongate production and the director is Michael Gracy. I'm really mixed about this news. On one hand I'm really excited because I love this series. It's not like I'm a Narutard, but despite its flaws I will always love this show. However, I remember how much The Last Airbender and Dragonball Evolution sucked. It will take a lot to make this my least favorite movie ever though. I know it won't be amazing, but I'm at least hoping it will be potentially decent or good.
  • Great Series

One of my all-time favorite anime/cartoons.
  • Nostalgia

Naruto very overrated, generic and typical shounen anime.

The story: The story good but Plot holes now and then need to be adjusted.

Characters: Sasuke sucks, Sakura annoying Naruto both of those things combined. Main villain Orochimaru is best character in entire series hands down. He is typical villain no doubt his powers and awesome personality make up for that. All other ninjas are made of paper or might as well be since they get destroyed if naruto not there to save them. How can you even call yourself a ninja relying on others for

The music in naruto is pretty good well composed and goes great the action. Which is probably another good point in Naruto the action in show is pretty good.

Overall Naruto Good shounen anime but doesn't change it is typical.
  • Sadness and Sorrow

Hi everybody,

I would like to share with you a cover that I performed last summer of the song sadness and sorrow of Naruto recorded in Kyoto-Japan. I hope you enjoy it and if it is the case, please share, Thanks :)

• This review is for both Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden

I've watched a lot of Naruto, so I know a lot of what happens. But, I'm sorry everybody, I don't think this show is nearly as great as so many people say. This is just my personal opinion, and I have several problems with Naruto. But don't get me wrong, this anime is nowhere near bad. It's just disappointing.

And the weird thing is that, I should like Naruto. It has a relatively good story in the beginning and some pretty spectacular fight scenes. But it also has more problems in than I had originally hadn't even thought of. Firstly, the art style looks much less refined during the fight scenes, and I never really liked Naruto's animation style to begin with, not to mention some shaky camera action. Secondly, the show seems too much like a shonen anime. I know that probably doesn't make sense, since Naruto is a shonen, but if you stop and think about it, this show has so many elements that you would normally see in a shonen that it kind of makes Naruto's story less interesting. Thirdly, the fillers drag on forever. Not just the seperate plots, I mean they dragged on to the point where they continued for almost 100 episodes after Naruto and Sasuke's battle and into Naruto: Shippuden. And don't even get me started on Shippuden's many, many annoying filler arcs that completely diluded what little of the story was still interesting. There's goof filler (like in DBZ) and then there's bad filler, and Naruto has bad filler.

However, my biggest problem with Naruto is it's characters, particularly the main characters. Naruto is the most likable of the three. Granted, almost every time he talks he practically shouts, which was more than a little annoying, but he also knew how to talk to people and make the unlikable characters see the faults in their sometimes twisted ideals. Plus, I really sympathize with his backstory, to the point where I wanted to cry from all the abuse he went through for growing up with something that he couldn't control. Next is Sakura, and I'm just gonna come out and say it, I cannot stand this bitch. I'm really sorry if you like her, but really! For practically the whole first series, she hardly did anything. Not to mention her constant pining over Sasuke was very gratting, and it made feel sorry for Naruto even more for loving this stupid girl. Speaking of Sasuke. He was very cool in the beginning of the series. Yeah, he was kind of an arrogant emo, but he started getting a little better after befriending Naruto. Then he joined Orochimaru, and he immediately went back to that arrogant emo attitude. Seriously? And he became even worse than he was before by also whining often. However, most of the side characters like Rock Lee, Hinata, Shikamaru, Tsunade and Kakashi are pretty cool.

Naruto is one of the most reviewed shows on this site, so I know that it's very popular. But I just don't see what makes everyone say that this is one of the greatest animes ever made. Most of the characters aren't likable, the plot feels like a generic shonen plot, and it just goes on and on and on because of all the pointless filler that they decided to add. Great fighting unfortunately can't carry a show to greatness on it's own, and that's pretty much how Naruto is. If you really like it, that's completely fine, maybe you see something that I'm missing. But I believe that Naruto isn't the best anime.
  • The show I grew up with

It's awesome! One of the best animes ever!
  • worst show ever, go watch Fairy Tail you guys .

Fairy Tail is better .

Naruto is the show that I only watch and all the other animation are nothing compared to this show AWESOME,AMAZING,WONDERFUL ANIME :) :) I'LL NEVER STOP WATCHING IT UNTIL IT COMES TO AN END
  • Naruto is... THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!

What is there to say its just awesome I've loved Naruto since the moment i found out about it.

10/10 5 STARS THUMBS UP WOOO!!!!!!!
  • naruto shippuden#123

Naruto has been a piece of me since I could even think it feels like and if people saw what's going on they would lay bricks.
  • Naruto and the water cycle

I really like naruto when i was a kid but at time goes by and watching different animes. it made me think that the story became more of going around and around, like... can we end this already? it makes me reminiscent my grade school days about how to explain the end of the water cycle... yeah sounds like this goes on and on"

• My journey with NARUTO in tranqulity....

I don't know why but I feel that my story is like naruto I can't assure anyone that I am the greatest fan or I am the one who watched it first but no mattar who ever defend me but I feel that Naruto was made for the craziest and determined person like me who reflects the same failure that i have encountered,Naruto is like me who was disliked by everyone but walking on our own shoes we changed our destiny,like Naruto I have a dream to be the leader so that everyone respects me and above all as Naruto I never give up.

Today everyone says that I am a good girl and have my ow pretty stuff of life so they desire to walk on my shoes precisely they will never know that my life is not their peice of cake or not theirs mine,they don't know I was vanquished,usually summoned as obnoxious Ojaswee but al this small things didnot bother I have never learn to loose my hope,thanks to you Naruto as I dream of becoming bonzer and brizane watching you all the time. Everytime I went in a throng I found someone always better than me those 'better' people did not take away my confidence but provided me a path to learn through both abomination and aapreciation. I know i have got lot to do as I have a aim and no mattar what I will persue it . Thank you so much NARUTO!!!

People say that I resemble their life,I am not dissapointed either to be ordinary actually I feel debonair that my life is also a winers tale. NEZI Huga said to Naruto that you were destined to loose when you were chosen as my opponet but Naruto proved it wrong my making his own fate by his own struggle is the point where I actually admired the great creator of in my way I say,"ITS NOT MY DESTINY WHO DECIDES MY DREAMS ITS ME WHO DISCOVERS IT!!"
  • The show must go on!!!!!!!!

I don't watch a whole lot of anime. The shows I like the most usually don't go beyond 1 season long. A lot of the best anime shows are shut down early I don't know why, but that is just how it is I guess. Anyways , Naruto one of my most favorite anime shows. Just as the review title I made says "The show must go on"! Seriously can you stop making it like the movie Inception. I mean FFS !! Stop going back in the past and showing what has happened to all these characters! If you wanted to show what has happened in the past. Then do us all a favor. Make a season all about the past and how everything came to be. You really should've made all these episodes about the past in the beginning of Naruto. Not here and there through out the show! It really makes a show complete shit when you do this. Its not a damn movie and only an hr or so long! I'm so sick and tired of waiting for a new episode and its about some character and how they came to be who they are! Which gives my other point for this review. This is >>>{Naruto}<<
  • Top Shows

Read all of the 1st generation manga, about 30 anime ep (05-13)
  • Not the best anime, but I'm not a hater or a super fanboy.

While I Like Naruto a lot, it isn't top notch or above great anime like Bebop, Stein's Gate, etc. I really like the overall tone but the filler is a pain to watch(considering the 220 ep)! I also believe they talk too much in battles. Overall, great anime to get someone started. Always found Kakashi as my favorite character!
  • boring show

I hate this show a lot

Naruto- He's pretty much Goku

Sakura- downright worst character on the show. she is bitch infinity. She is so mean to Naruto for no reason and obsesses over some guy that doesn't love her.

Sasuke-So unnecessarily emo

the others-irrelevant

I hate all the filler and the show

• good show

It is good.

But only one episode per week.

That is really really boring.

I forget the story even many times hence i stopped watching it.
  • The Best Anime Ever!!!

I only have two words for Naruto GREAT and AWESOME. Naruto is my favorite anime. I like this anime as compared to any anime ever made!!

Great movie naruto

I love it

• naurto

one of the best anime ever
  • not worth it!

I only have two words for Naruto, boring and annoying. The main character is constantly whining and shouting about something no one else cares about. The other characters have varying degrees of lifelessness. The plot is too dull to endure for more than a few episodes. I really tried to get into but its just not worth it.
  • Nice to have it back to the good ol' US of A uncut, but just ONE episode a week!?!?

Toonami, you never cease to bring us some of the best Anime the weabus, otakus, and just casual anime fans get wet over, and I appreciate you doing this for us. But seriously! You had to start it all back at the beginning and on top of that, only show one episode a week!?!? I'd give it a perfect 10 otherwise, but THIS is just unacceptable so much so, I would have to give this a 9.5. :p Sure, you're reintroducing the series like we Americans never seen it, (granted with the exception of the sucky intro used in season 1 which deducts my rating to an even 9), but we last left off at Naruto Shippuden right when Asuma died, just before it got canceled on Disney XD! My nerd wikipedia research tells me that was Episode 80. In the original Naruto, you gave us 209 episodes right up to the where CN cut us off in January 31 of '09. They were all censored too. Collectively that makes 289 episodes of the series we had to watch that were tainted by prudish censorship which we American fans, who were too cheap or lazy to download the english subbed episodes onto their computer, had to endure! Toonami, I think we fans are more than entitled to see more than one "uncut" episode a week especially after waiting as long as 2 years for a decent American broadcast. :(

Greatest show ever yet they stop creating it... PLEASE MAKE NEW ONE'S!!! (English Dub)
  • yeah what title

<3 this show forever
  • Who Doesn't Watch This?

The classic anime/manga, it contained wonderful characters and a winning storyline. Not the most heart-warming thing ever, but I would still recommend it. After this the fillers and the continuing storyline detracted from the overall flow.
  • While naruto vowed to be the best ninja this show already became my favorite anime

This show proved that it was the best anime of it's time. By pulling us into a facinating and yet beutiful world. Where the animation complements the story telling and makes me amazed by the action going on in this show. The action is done so well that sometimes it's jaw dropping watching to of your favorite characters battling it out and it just looks amazing to your eyes. The characters all have very intresting with every character having a very specific motive for what there doing and why. The story can be hard to follow at times if you missed an episode or two but topically you don't need to be cuaght up to enjoy the action. The dialogue is freash and the voice acting helps pull you in to a huge world where there is always an evil guy for your characters to fight. But the villians are also what makes this show great becuase the villians are either evil people or there scray becuase of the hanes things they do. Sometimes you get the simpithetic villian which helps keep the show freash and three demisional. For all the praising I'm doing some moments feel either rushed or just unitresting you rarely get parts like that but I should mention it becuase there a chore to sit through and watch. I love the three main leads there the focus of the story and they never disapoint.
  • best show ever

i watched alot of animes and imo this show is fing epic ok some times u have to drag tru some filler but hey give those people a break and let them do some fast story to take some time off =/ or is that too much to ask for u people, and when i read some people say i dont get this or no story... im like wtf? imo it has a story and i compleetly get where every character pops up from and for what kind of reason like i read that orochimaru pops up for no reason =/ u ever watched lost that show is huge and starts wiht just all kinds of random crap that gets a stroy later... like u get the story behind orochimaru later =/ jesus and then im watching it from start till shippuuden right now and imo the show only gets better :P but hey every body has his own opinion :P
  • Best anime ever!

At first I thought it was some happy-go-lucky show for idiots until I saw one episode. From then on I was hooked in even for shippuden. I love it! By the way Tobi is Obito it came out in manga chapter 599.
  • One of the biggest titans in industry for a reason

Often regarded as childish or "lame", these and many other stereotypes get shattered the moment one gets into this anime.

With compelling, complex, at times rather dark characters, these show explores deep issues like discrimination, hatred, revenge, bonding, acceptance etc.

The main thing is to give it a chance (at least watch first 20 episodes) to get an understanding of the essence of this show.

Whilst it digs deep in itself, it hardly forgets to be funny, it is a masterful piece by famous mangaka Masashi Kishimoto, who proves his almost incomprehensible creativity by creating Naruto - which is one of the most popular shows, and I don't think my statement will be far-fetched, in the WORLD.

Show also provides numerous references to Japanese culture and history, and is, by me, highly recommended to be watched in original Japanese with English Subtitles, because dubbed version by Disney isn't half as good :)

P.S: sorry for poor English
  • I never thought I would like this show

But I watched one day and realized that it rocks. Seriously, I just took for some stupid anime about kid ninja's, but that was retarted of me. I only took one episode for me too realize this is one of the best anime's ever. The chararcters are plentiful and extremely interesting. Even the characters that are not that important have a very interesting back-story. The other great things about the show are the action (i.e. great ninja battles and very cool justu), great music (whether it be dramatic or action). So, watch this show and love this show. You will be glad you did.