Naruto

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

X-626

Naruto Fan Reviews (1557)

• Naruto and the water cycle

I really like naruto when i was a kid but at time goes by and watching different animes. it made me think that the story became more of going around and around, like... can we end this already? it makes me reminiscent my grade school days about how to explain the end of the water cycle... yeah sounds like this goes on and on"

• My journey with NARUTO in tranqulity....

I don't know why but I feel that my story is like naruto I can't assure anyone that I am the greatest fan or I am the one who watched it first but no mattar who ever defend me but I feel that Naruto was made for the craziest and determined person like me who reflects the same failure that i have encountered,Naruto is like me who was disliked by everyone but walking on our own shoes we changed our destiny,like Naruto I have a dream to be the leader so that everyone respects me and above all as Naruto I never give up.

Today everyone says that I am a good girl and have my ow pretty stuff of life so they desire to walk on my shoes precisely they will never know that my life is not their peice of cake or not theirs mine,they don't know I was vanquished,usually summoned as obnoxious Ojaswee but al this small things didnot bother I have never learn to loose my hope,thanks to you Naruto as I dream of becoming bonzer and brizane watching you all the time. Everytime I went in a throng I found someone always better than me those 'better' people did not take away my confidence but provided me a path to learn through both abomination and aapreciation. I know i have got lot to do as I have a aim and no mattar what I will persue it . Thank you so much NARUTO!!!

People say that I resemble their life,I am not dissapointed either to be ordinary actually I feel debonair that my life is also a winers tale. NEZI Huga said to Naruto that you were destined to loose when you were chosen as my opponet but Naruto proved it wrong my making his own fate by his own struggle is the point where I actually admired the great creator of in my way I say,"ITS NOT MY DESTINY WHO DECIDES MY DREAMS ITS ME WHO DISCOVERS IT!!"
  • The show must go on!!!!!!!!

I don't watch a whole lot of anime. The shows I like the most usually don't go beyond 1 season long. A lot of the best anime shows are shut down early I don't know why, but that is just how it is I guess. Anyways , Naruto one of my most favorite anime shows. Just as the review title I made says "The show must go on"! Seriously can you stop making it like the movie Inception. I mean FFS !! Stop going back in the past and showing what has happened to all these characters! If you wanted to show what has happened in the past. Then do us all a favor. Make a season all about the past and how everything came to be. You really should've made all these episodes about the past in the beginning of Naruto. Not here and there through out the show! It really makes a show complete shit when you do this. Its not a damn movie and only an hr or so long! I'm so sick and tired of waiting for a new episode and its about some character and how they came to be who they are! Which gives my other point for this review. This is >>>{Naruto}<<
  • This review is for both Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden

I've watched a lot of Naruto, so I know a lot of what happens. But, I'm sorry everybody, I don't think this show is nearly as great as so many people say. This is just my personal opinion, and I have several problems with Naruto. But don't get me wrong, this anime is nowhere near bad. It's just disappointing.

And the weird thing is that, I should like Naruto. It has a relatively good story in the beginning and some pretty spectacular fight scenes. But it also has more problems in than I had originally hadn't even thought of. Firstly, the art style looks much less refined during the fight scenes, and I never really liked Naruto's animation style to begin with, not to mention some shaky camera action. Secondly, the show seems too much like a shonen anime. I know that probably doesn't make sense, since Naruto is a shonen, but if you stop and think about it, this show has so many elements that you would normally see in a shonen that it kind of makes Naruto's story less interesting. Thirdly, the fillers drag on forever. Not just the seperate plots, I mean they dragged on to the point where they continued for almost 100 episodes after Naruto and Sasuke's battle and into Naruto: Shippuden. And don't even get me started on Shippuden's many, many annoying filler arcs that completely diluded what little of the story was still interesting.

However, my biggest problem with Naruto is it's characters, particularly the main characters. Naruto is the most likable of the three. Granted, almost every time he talks he practically shouts, which was more than a little annoying, but he also knew how to talk to people and make the unlikable characters see the faults in their sometimes twisted ideals. Plus, I really sympathize with his backstory, to the point where I wanted to cry from all the abuse he went through for growing up with something that he couldn't control. Next is Sakura, and I'm just gonna come out and say it, I cannot stand this bitch. I'm really sorry if you like her, but really! For practically the whole first series, she hardly did anything. Not to mention her constant pining over Sasuke was very gratting, and it made feel sorry for Naruto even more for loving this stupid girl. Speaking of Sasuke. He was very cool in the beginning of the series. Yeah, he was kind of an arrogant emo, but he started getting a little better after befriending Naruto. Then he joined Orochimaru, and he immediately went back to that arrogant emo attitude. Seriously? And he became even worse than he was before by also whining often. However, most of the side characters like Rock Lee, Hinata, Shikamaru, Tsunade and Kakashi are pretty cool.

Naruto is one of the most reviewed shows on this site, so I know that it's very popular. But I just don't see what makes everyone say that this is one of the greatest animes ever made. Most of the characters aren't likable, the plot feels like a generic shonen plot, and it just goes on and on and on because of all the pointless filler that they decided to add. Great fighting unfortunately can't carry a show to greatness on it's own, and that's pretty much how Naruto is. If you really like it, that's completely fine, maybe you see something that I'm missing. But I believe that Naruto is overrated.
  • Top Shows

Read all of the 1st generation manga, about 30 anime ep (05-13)
  • Not the best anime, but I'm not a hater or a super fanboy.

While I Like Naruto a lot, it isn't top notch or above great anime like Bebop, Stein's Gate, etc. I really like the overall tone but the filler is a pain to watch(considering the 220 ep)! I also believe they talk too much in battles. Overall, great anime to get someone started. Always found Kakashi as my favorite character!
  • boring show

I hate this show a lot

characters

Naruto- He's pretty much Goku

Sakura- downright worst character on the show. she is bitch infinity. She is so mean to Naruto for no reason and obsesses over some guy that doesn't love her.

Sasuke-So unnecessarily emo

the others-irrelevant

I hate all the filler and the show

• good show

It is good.

But only one episode per week.

That is really really boring.

I forget the story even many times hence i stopped watching it.
  • The Best Anime Ever!!!

I only have two words for Naruto GREAT and AWESOME. Naruto is my favorite anime. I like this anime as compared to any anime ever made!!
  • Awesome!!

This is back when Naruto was completely amazing. Shippuden is okay, but doesn't compare to the original.
  • NARUTO ANIME

Great movie naruto

I love it

• naurto

one of the best anime ever
  • not worth it!

I only have two words for Naruto, boring and annoying. The main character is constantly whining and shouting about something no one else cares about. The other characters have varying degrees of lifelessness. The plot is too dull to endure for more than a few episodes. I really tried to get into but its just not worth it.
  • Nice to have it back to the good ol' US of A uncut, but just ONE episode a week!?!?

Toonami, you never cease to bring us some of the best Anime the weabus, otakus, and just casual anime fans get wet over, and I appreciate you doing this for us. But seriously! You had to start it all back at the beginning and on top of that, only show one episode a week!?!? I'd give it a perfect 10 otherwise, but THIS is just unacceptable so much so, I would have to give this a 9.5. :p Sure, you're reintroducing the series like we Americans never seen it, (granted with the exception of the sucky intro used in season 1 which deducts my rating to an even 9), but we last left off at Naruto Shippuden right when Asuma died, just before it got canceled on Disney XD! My nerd wikipedia research tells me that was Episode 80. In the original Naruto, you gave us 209 episodes right up to the where CN cut us off in January 31 of '09. They were all censored too. Collectively that makes 289 episodes of the series we had to watch that were tainted by prudish censorship which we American fans, who were too cheap or lazy to download the english subbed episodes onto their computer, had to endure! Toonami, I think we fans are more than entitled to see more than one "uncut" episode a week especially after waiting as long as 2 years for a decent American broadcast. :(
  • WHY DIS-CONTINUE???

Greatest show ever yet they stop creating it... PLEASE MAKE NEW ONE'S!!! (English Dub)
  • yeah what title

<3 this show forever
  • Who Doesn't Watch This?

The classic anime/manga, it contained wonderful characters and a winning storyline. Not the most heart-warming thing ever, but I would still recommend it. After this the fillers and the continuing storyline detracted from the overall flow.
  • While naruto vowed to be the best ninja this show already became my favorite anime

This show proved that it was the best anime of it's time. By pulling us into a facinating and yet beutiful world. Where the animation complements the story telling and makes me amazed by the action going on in this show. The action is done so well that sometimes it's jaw dropping watching to of your favorite characters battling it out and it just looks amazing to your eyes. The characters all have very intresting with every character having a very specific motive for what there doing and why. The story can be hard to follow at times if you missed an episode or two but topically you don't need to be cuaght up to enjoy the action. The dialogue is freash and the voice acting helps pull you in to a huge world where there is always an evil guy for your characters to fight. But the villians are also what makes this show great becuase the villians are either evil people or there scray becuase of the hanes things they do. Sometimes you get the simpithetic villian which helps keep the show freash and three demisional. For all the praising I'm doing some moments feel either rushed or just unitresting you rarely get parts like that but I should mention it becuase there a chore to sit through and watch. I love the three main leads there the focus of the story and they never disapoint.
  • best show ever

i watched alot of animes and imo this show is fing epic ok some times u have to drag tru some filler but hey give those people a break and let them do some fast story to take some time off =/ or is that too much to ask for u people, and when i read some people say i dont get this or no story... im like wtf? imo it has a story and i compleetly get where every character pops up from and for what kind of reason like i read that orochimaru pops up for no reason =/ u ever watched lost that show is huge and starts wiht just all kinds of random crap that gets a stroy later... like u get the story behind orochimaru later =/ jesus and then im watching it from start till shippuuden right now and imo the show only gets better :P but hey every body has his own opinion :P
  • Best anime ever!

At first I thought it was some happy-go-lucky show for idiots until I saw one episode. From then on I was hooked in even for shippuden. I love it! By the way Tobi is Obito it came out in manga chapter 599.
  • One of the biggest titans in industry for a reason

Often regarded as childish or "lame", these and many other stereotypes get shattered the moment one gets into this anime.

With compelling, complex, at times rather dark characters, these show explores deep issues like discrimination, hatred, revenge, bonding, acceptance etc.

The main thing is to give it a chance (at least watch first 20 episodes) to get an understanding of the essence of this show.

Whilst it digs deep in itself, it hardly forgets to be funny, it is a masterful piece by famous mangaka Masashi Kishimoto, who proves his almost incomprehensible creativity by creating Naruto - which is one of the most popular shows, and I don't think my statement will be far-fetched, in the WORLD.

Show also provides numerous references to Japanese culture and history, and is, by me, highly recommended to be watched in original Japanese with English Subtitles, because dubbed version by Disney isn't half as good :)

P.S: sorry for poor English
  • I never thought I would like this show

But I watched one day and realized that it rocks. Seriously, I just took for some stupid anime about kid ninja's, but that was retarted of me. I only took one episode for me too realize this is one of the best anime's ever. The chararcters are plentiful and extremely interesting. Even the characters that are not that important have a very interesting back-story. The other great things about the show are the action (i.e. great ninja battles and very cool justu), great music (whether it be dramatic or action). So, watch this show and love this show. You will be glad you did.
  • Naruto is a hyper active boy with a dream to become Hokage.

Naruto is a show that got got alot of potential when the writers want to, but when they don't want to they slap in some filler, although some of them are amusing.

Narutos limited capabilities has always made him the weakest ninja in team 7. Determined to become a recommend he trains day after day after day. That is Determent a short variation of the plot. Well at least before Naruto Shippuuden.

Naruto Shippuuden is better than the "original" story. Well it is the same story but it's been a time leap for 3 years and lots of interesting stuff has happen, like Naruto being the only low rank ninja left in he's age.

I would recommend Naruto to people who likes a different type of humor, but still with a decent plot to follow it up.
  • This show started out with potential, but now its sadly gone downhill ever since the end of the chuunin exams.

First of all, I don't have time for a long-ass review right now, so I'm just going to get strait to the point. Naruto, is an average shounen, that gets treated like its one of the best series ever. Now, before any of you fans reading this go ballistic saying I don't know anything about the show, I've seen a lot of it (subbed and uncut) and I've read up to chapter 352 of the manga. The rating I gave Naruto, doesn't even count its horrible fillers (I'm being leniant here). Originally, Naruto started out with potential, and for awhile, it seemed to be going in a good direction. But that all changed in just a short while. Naruto really just drags its story on, and every time you read a chapter of the manga, or watch a single episode of the anime, it doesn't feel like you've gotten anywhere in the story at all. Another thing, is that the fights aren't as great as everyone makes them out to be. The action is good, but the overall strategy and wits used in the fight, are just average. If anyone wants to see truly spectacular and engaging fights, then you're better off with anime such as Rurouni Kenshin, and Yu Yu Hakusho, which brilliantly construct their fights. Another thing that I can't stand about this show, are many of the characters. Naruto has only a handful of decent character, whereas the rest are selfish little brats (and trust me on this one, I've seen plenty of anime, and I've read over 350 chapters of Naruto, so I know what I'm talking about). The only reason I've kept up with this series, is because I've always been encouraged that it gets better, and maybe for those who have seen very little anime, it does, but for me, who has seen plenty more anime, its not so great. Now, don't get me wrong, while Naruto isn't a great series to me, its definitely not nearly the worst either. It has its moments, but to be a great series, you need to have a truly engaging story, and great characters. Naruto's story is just average: A kid who isn't accepted at first, and wants to become top dog in his neighborhood (would be the univeral way to word it; anyways, Naruto's wanting to become Hokage, is not different than Luffy's wanting to become king of the pirates); also, we'll have some evil guys who show up, such as Orochimaru, and the Akatsuki organization, and then the "good guys" have to use mystical powers (in this case jutsus) to stop them (which is basically what almost any shounen has, so its nothing special). Also, as mentioned before, the characters aren't anything special. What's more, its that there is almost no character development. Take the main character, Naruto, who starts out as a selfish little brat, and guess what, as of Naruto Part II, he's still that same selfish little brat, only with a new uniform (and he's a little bit taller). We also have overrated characters like Uchiha Sasuke, who people praise as being great, but is also just a selfish little punk, who thinks far to highly of himself, and just feels plain sorry for himself. Trust me, with all the other anime that I've seen, Sasuke is perhaps one of the most emo characters I've had the annoyance of watching in a series. Once again, Naruto isn't a terrible anime, yet, its heavily overrated. To be a truly great anime, the show needs to entertain you every single minute, and you must never feel bored at a single point of the series. Plenty of series can hold my attention like that, but Naruto is not one of them. It has good times, but a lot of moments in the show are boring (especially these long-winded pauses in animation that it does; I'm aware that many anime do that, but not nearly as much as Naruto). Overall, Naruto is far from being the best, and there are better shounen out there.
  • Naruto is amazing!!!

Ok. Im not gonna say i loved shippuden but naruto in general is amazing! Just allow me to list the reasons why.

First - Naruto has the most amazing storyline ever. A rejected boy with no family just wanting to have caring and acknoledgement from his peers. Hes chasing after the only person he ever considered family.

Next - The animation is amazing on this show. So much effort is put into this show and all anime shows. So many people love naruto and work hard to make the show.

Finally - There is the most awesome fight scenes on this show. There is so much violence and great backstories to every major battle.The techniques are amazing and well thought out to make an incredible battle.

These are my opinions abot how amazing naruto is.
  • Naruto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naruto is one of my favorite anime. It has deep character development. You can bond with a lot of the characters on this show, it is very hard to stop watching it. You can easily get mad when they start going to filler episodes. You watch how Naruto friend develop has ninjas and friends, you watch how Naruto gets friends and how they will back him up in the name of friendship. This is a great anime and you have to see it for yourself.
  • Naruto manga deserved better than this.

5.5
    Before I begin the review, let me say that I am a HUGE fan of Naruto manga. And I don't want some Naruto fans to start flaming on me just because I "apparently hate Naruto." Because I don't. But I feel that it is unfair for Naruto to have such a mediocre animation. If you don't believe me, however, here are a few reasons why the anime stinks.

For one, the episode get too repetitive. The first few episodes were plenty interesting, but eventually it gets to the point where you feel that each episode is just pointless filler. The story-lines also get confusing fast. It jumps from an exam to a mission to a tournament and so on...Even though everything is loosely connected in some way, you'll scratch your head a lot when watching this show and mutter, "What the heck? Where did this come from?"

Since this is a show about ninjas, you'd assume that the action sequences are epic. Of course, there has to ACTUALLY be action sequences in the first place. It's rare that you actually get to witness one, and so you'd think that the fights are even better, making the show all worth it. But no. There is usually a tragic flashback from the past, covering up most of the fight, and then just a few jutsus or shuriken.

Also, the humor. Although there are a few funny jokes, ie.inner Sakura.... and gags, they are usually immature. A lot of people laughed when Naruto used a jitsu that turned himself into a naked woman to seduce the sensei into allowing him to pass. I guess I could understand why the joke might have seemed funny, but I just found it really perverted.

Finally, the characters. Now, the characters are the only reasons why this show gets a 5.5 rather than a 1. There is plenty of character development and emotional parts. Of course, the characters are sometimes unrealistic and cheesy. The show also tends to center around Naruto for the most part during the later episodes. I guess, since it's called Naruto, that this would make sense, but it would be cool to see some of the other characters, like Gaara or Shikamaru, my favorite characters.

Ultimately, Naruto is a mediocre manga, with confusing storylines, perverted humor, repetitive episodes, and a general lack of focus on the variety of characters when it comes to the later parts of the show.
  • It's one of the best animation shows in the world for a reason

Like I said in the title,there's a reason why Naruto's One of the best.

Pros: Kick-ass story.Good developing characters.Enough Comedy.Superbly Designed Fight sequences.Awesome techniques.and very very entertaining.

Cons: Story lags in some places.Too much talk in between fights if more than 2 people are present.animation sucky at times.

Other than that it is pretty darn fun.
  • i don't like this show at all

This is the "clean" version of my orignial review which was taken off the site due to excessive usage of profanity.TT
    Anyways let's start the review. I want to discuss the storyline first. Keep in mind that I've only read the first 12 volumes and no more than five random episodes on TV. The only reason I managed to reach this far is that I kept telling myself that it's going to get better and a popular manga like this shouldn't be this crappy. But I was wrong. Does Naruto even have a storyline? The answer is no. The whole idea of Naruto is about a bunch of 14-year-olds trying to save the world. Again a typical shonen manga storyline that's been done so many so many times, which is OK because even though this type of storyline sure is boring it is able to sometimes produce decent works like Bleach. Also I don't have enough credentials to judge originality right now because I only finished about 15 anime series. Originality is hardly a major issue compared to other problems, however. The major issue is that the story doesn't have a focus. The story starts off with Naruto finally graduated from some ninja junior high. Then his group did a mission which I don't see any connections to either character development or the main storyline. Then Bang!!! Junin exam, or should I just spell it out-another DBZ tournament? Don't we have enough of this already? DBZ has it, Yo Yo Hakushu has it. Shaman King has it. What is so good about having a tournament except the mangaka can just drag the story on and on and on? (In case you are unfamiliar with the concept, I'll explain it now. Say only 20 people are in the tournament. Then they are going to have at least 10 fights. Even if each fight takes up only 5 chapters, he still gonna have 50 chapters to draw. Do these fights even have any connections to the main storyline. Hardly. I don't see any logics in how fights in a tournament can defeat evil when the villain is not even competing. Nowadays whenever I see something like this I just drop the book and leave) Moreover, in Naruto it's not even like the ones in DBZ (I'm talking about the manga here which is 100 times superior than the anime. DBZ is basically ruined by its anime) where they have crispy action scenes. No, each fight where you are supposed to get some actions is replaced by bringing up a tragic past of the character. I'll say more about this when I talk about the characters, but the whole thing just seems so fake and pathetic. Is it really that hard for you, dear mangaka, to develop characters in the main storyline instead of throwing in all these emotional scenes that begs for tears and let readers feel sorry for your characters? 1
    But back to the point where I say the storyline doesn't have a focus. Before the tournament the story is about Naruto becoming a good ninja, and I was expecting a magic-school type of thing. Then all of a sudden, in the second stage of the ninja exam, a guy called ochimaru (did I spell this guy's name right) appeared out of nowhere. What the mangaka did is almost like puting a "This is our villain!!!!" sign right beside this guy and said: "Hey all the fans listen up. I now give you to the villain of Naruto". And people actually buy this crap??!!! I mean seriously, you just introduce a villain like this? When I was reading that chapter I was like who is this guy? There ain't any signs of even having a villain in this manga before and you want me to just accept him? OK, fine, let's have a villain, at least let us know him a little bit. But "no", says the mangaka, "we still have the DBZ tournament to finish off. So I say drop this guy for now and let's get back to these stuff first." Then we are taken back to the tournament or the ninja test wutever, still thinking somewhat about this ochimaru dude and knowing he is in the village yet the mangaka has decided to not say anything about him for like 30 chapters. All I want to know is this: what is the point of including this 70 chapter-long Middle-level ninja exam? Cuz I know from the random TV episodes I watched that Ochimaru is trying to take over the village. Therefore is this about him taking over the village? Apparently not, because we don't even know his true motives until the very last second (I think it's around the Naruto Vs White-Eye-Dude). Then it must be there for the character development, which just makes this show even worse because if that's the case then the mangaka is using more than 70 chapters to develop his characters in a most cliché way of all time-DBZ tournament-which has nothing to do with the main storyline. Sadly he failed to even having a natural, not to mention good character portrait. That's all I'm going to say about storyline. It doesn't have a point. It felt almost as if the mangaka himself didn't know where this story was going. It's like one day this guy was like hey I wanna draw a ninja manga. I'll have this guy Naruto as my main character, and he is going to become a great ninja. And then several days later he learned by having a cool guy who seeked revenge he might be able to sell more books, thus we have Sasuke. A loli might also work, says the mangaka, and we have sakura. Finally one month later when he doesn't have any story to go on he was like I need a villain to continue the story. Then Bang, we have the snake guy Ochimaru and the story is changed to saving the world. By writing story based on spontaneous ideas and without making plans ahead, the whole thing feels like fragments that don't fit. In other words, the story itself doesn't flow. What's happening in one chapter has almost nothing to do with say 30 chapters before. And to keep the story fresh new characters keep popping up when we don't even have the chance to get to know the main ones. Without feeling connected to the characters, how are we gonna ride the story? This is jokes.
    Enough with the storylines. Let's move on to the characters. The story is bad enough, but you haven't seen how bad the characters are yet. The biggest downfall in Naruto is that everyone is supposed to be a hero, and the readers are expected, or forced to like them. Everyone in Naruto is created to have a tragic past to overcome, which was excessively done in the Junin exam. The first consequence of this approach is for the manga to lose its focus. Even if the portrait were well done which is definitely not the case for Naruto, by having too many of these heroes, the entire work loses its focus and leaves readers such as me wondering which one is the protagonist. Humans are only able to have a certain amount of feelings toward others and we are not allowed to 100% commit our feelings to more than 20 characters. Thus the connection between the readers and the characters are somewhat lost. Now what I said above is based on the assumption that the mangaka actually did a great job on making everyone a hero. But he didn't. A good character portrait or development is usually done by letting the characters shine in the story by themselves. Ways in which they "shine" include using dialogues, emotions, thoughts, the actions they take, the decisions they make, etc. An advantage of this approach is that you let the readers decide what kind of personality a particular character has, and the story would flow perfectly because it always focuses on the present. A good story is necessary for this kind of approach. What happened in Naruto is the total opposite. The mangaka, for some reasons only known to himself, decided to make everyone a hero. But he lacked the ability to create beautiful stories. So he cheated. Every time he tried to show the heroic side of the character, he created a tragic past for that character, and expected us readers to feel sorry and sympathy toward that character. The problem is that, all these flashbacks he created has nothing to do with the main storyline. Everytime we get these flashbacks, the main storyline is thrown to the garbage can for like three chapters. And then back to the main storyline for several chapters. Then off again when another character needs to be treated in the same way. Because these flashbacks are totally irrelevant to the present, the heroes that are supposed to come out of short memories do not support the characters' behaviours and the decisions they make in the present time. I'll give you an example right now. During one of the junin-exam fights, the mangaka revealed to us through the flashback that Sakura and another girl were good friends back when they were young but they gradually grew apart because both of them like Sasuke. Then the mangaka probably thought this is too shallow so he revealed a supposedly-deeper reason that Sakura really respected this girl that's why Sakura wanted to surpass her. This is perhaps the most unrealistic thing I have ever read. I challenge anyone here to find a person who fights for this reason. I'll have more to say on realistic characters later on. But let's leave it for now. So how does this flashback help to develop Sakura? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! The Sakura that's supposed to come out of the flashback is a girl who is strong and determined, who has a goal in her life at least. But the Sakura in the main storyline is completely not like that. Before this fight, Sakura's trademark was her weakness and her lack of self-confidence. Even though we do see some changes in her like how she risked her life to save Sasuke when he and Naruto are both down in the forest, a lot of times she WAS the weakest of the trio, and she thought so too. The drastic difference between this Sakura and the one that's in the flashback is what makes me disoriented when reading the manga. What's worse is that this flashback doesn't do anything for developing Sakura even after the fight. No matter how cliché it is, at least most anime/manga character changes after things like this happened. But not for Naruto. That's why I said before that the mangaka doesn't have plan, either for the storyline or the characters. After the fight, the mangaka somehow decided to shift the focus of Sakura to her feelings toward Sasuke. Then why do you include this flashback there? It's like seeing three complete different Sakura: the wimp that's before the fight, the hero that's during the fight, and a tortured lover that's after the fight, all of them have absolutely no connection with each other, yet they were supposed to be the same person.
    The second downfall is how unrealistic the characters are. I can probably tell why. It's the same reason as before that everyone needs to be a hero. Yet for everyone to make these heroic decisions the characters just seems fake to the extreme. For example, during the trio's first mission, Sasuke and Naruto were trapped in a cage of mirrors and were fighting against Bai. Except for the last part, Sasuke was doing all the fight, and almost succeeded until Bai shot off some needles toward Naruto who really really sucked at that time. So the pure and good Sasuke, who didn't want to bear the pain of losing such a dear friend of his, rushed in front of Naruto and took all the damage. Oh man, such a little angel!!!!! I bet people around the world cried for this scene. I'm just confused about one thing though, why would Sasuke, who despised Naruto all that long, and more importantly, who only got to know Naruto for less than a month, would sacrifice himself in order to save Naruto? I challenge anyone here again to find such a person. When I was reading this I was like man I've see lots of cheesy scenes before but this one owns them all. I'll say this again, no one would risk his or her life for someone they only knew for less than a month. Period. Perhaps the mangaka realized how fake this is too so when Naruto was holding his boyfriend Sasuke's body in his arms, Naruto started to think back on how he always liked Sasuke when he first saw Sasuke beside a river because he felt that both of them were outcast. What the mangaka is trying to show here is that these two lovebirds actually noticed each other long before the trio was formed and they really really liked and respected each other. What a touching love story this is. But just hold a second here, if he really liked Sasuke and felt the resemblence to himself and we sure know how desperately he wanted a friend, why he treated Sasuke as his rival? I mean, normal people would at least try to talk to him if put in Naruto's shoes. Why then? Because Naruto and Sasuke were supposed to be rivals and they were supposed to not know each other. This flashback is here only because the mangaka is trying to cover up the chessiness on Sasuke saving Naruto's life, which just makes the whole experience even more fake. I'll give you another example. This one is not just cheesy and fake but ridiculous too. Remember the final show down between Naruto and Sasuke on the lake near the end of the first arc? They both used their ultimate skills in the end, and Sasuke was the last man standing. He decided not to kill Naruto, because he doesn't want to become stronger by killing his friend. Then he ran away, which was ok, except just 5min ago he was trying to blow Naruto's lung off!!!! Read this carefully all the fans. This was what he said to Naruto when he pierced through Naruto's body and held Naruto by his throat: "you moved at the last moment, otherwise half of you lungs would be gone." That means he was aiming for Naruto's lung, that he was trying to kill Naruto! So does he want to kill Naruto or not? The contradiction again comes from the fact that everyone needs to be a hero. To show this "tender" side of Sasuke even if he did try to Naruto, another cheesy and fake scene was created.
    The third downfall is the change in the character. People usually change with what happened to them GRADUALLY. But in Naruto, characters either change right away after a fight or don't change at all. The first type includes the White-Eyed-Dude, who changed right after he fought with Naruto during the Junin exam. Naruto the protagonist belongs to the second type, who remained as one of the biggest something of anime history throughout the story. To express my feelings toward him the next paragraph is dedicated entirely to him.

There are only two anime characters that I dislike this much. The first one is Seya from Saint Seya. The second one is Naruto. I dislike Seya only because he is the weakest yet he is the protagonist and he never dies (well he died in the end). I dislike Naruto because he is shameless. I will die a happy man if Naruto gets tortured to death in the end. What's so funny about all this is that I don't usually judge a work based on whether I like the characters or not. As long as they are real, I accept them. But since all characters in this work are so unrealistic that I can't connect to them, it leaves me no choice. Besides, Naruto is shameless. I am not even going to comment on his ridiculous costume, his immature yet not funny pranks, and the annoying smile of his. I'll just focus on this guys' personality. A recurring theme is that Naruto wanted to become the best ninja. Yet unlike Sasuke who practiced like crazy everyday even after school, what Naruto did was slacking off and goofing around from the start for the sake of getting attention. How does he defeat people during a fight then you may wonder? 90% of time he just shamelessly borrowed strength from the fox. This is what he meant by getting stronger. That's not even his own strength. When all other people is trying to get a little better by working their ass off, this guy just sits here and doing nothing. "Hey I am Naruto, I don't need to practice because I have the fox." What sickens me even more is that in Chapter 3 or 4 he even dared to tell a little kid that the only way to become the best is to work hard. Give me one scene where this guy actually practices his ninja skills. What kind of message does the mangaka try to send to all these kids who read/watch Naruto? That you don't need to work hard, that you can always ask help from other? What a shameless guy. 1
    I only watched five anime episodes so I don't really want to talk about the music. But "GO" was one of the OP sung by FLOW. Now "GO" is not one of the band's best songs but it's from my favourite band FLOW so at least I'll give this much credit to the anime. And even though I only watched five anime episodes I'm already annoyed by Naruto the character's voice. American dubbing is horrible, I know that, look what they did to Renton in E7. American voice actors/actresses are not involved at all with the characters, they just read off the script (but still better than Chinese dubbings). Yet Naruto's dubbing is perhaps the worst one to date. I am not going to blame the voice actor because he only did what he is asked to do. But what hell is the producer thinking? Does he really believe that that voice would attract more fans? To all the fans out there, if you still want to watch this, go watch the subbed ones. At least it doesn't do damage to your eardrums.
    The last thing I want to comment on is the artstyle and the graphics of the anime. Artstyle is the last thing I worried about when reading a manga or watching an anime. Yet I am amazed that Shonen Jump actually decided to publish this. Bad drawing is tolerable as long as it has some uniqueness. I even like Noein's artstyle because it's so unique. Not for Naruto. The artstyle in Naruto is clearly the worst imitation on traditional anime style (big eyes, small nose, like Clamp) of all time with no originality at all. Funny thing is that among all the fans I talked to, 90% of them actually agreed with me on this. I'll quote a what a hardcore anime fan said one time: "no matter how good Naruto is, it's still drawn by amateurs." The graphics of the anime is decent, but nowhere to be "amazing" as claimed by some people. Tell me one scene where the graphics is "amazing". Amazing graphics is reserved for the first season of E7, Noein, Basilisk, etc.
    O btw I can't stand the humour in Naruto. All the jokes and gags are so immature even worse than the ones in Shaman King. A lot of times I was like am I supposed to laugh at this? But perhaps the worst one is when Naruto transformed himself into a naked chick, and people are actually telling me this is funny!!!! He is a guy and he transformed himself into a naked girl to seduce his sensai and you telling me this is funny????? Are you still going to tell me this is funny if his senpai starts to grope his/her breasts and have ….I'm just gonna stop right here, this is perverted.
    Some final words. BlahBlahBlah and This is my first anime review so any comments would be appreciated. In fact, I would be more than happy if someone convinces me that this is a good show. Thank you for reading it.
  • Ok but skip most of shipuden...

I was once an ok Naruto fan, the show was good at first... but then i was introduced to filler. Ive seen shows with filler before and one or two episodes are fine by me. but giving an entire season to a guy doing a race the wrong way just to make it hard on himself makes no sense. when I heard about Shippuden and an older Naruto I thought "Sweet Naruto will be stronger and have some common sense" turns out... That didn't happen. All naruto got was a growth spurt and one new move that probably only took a monthe at most to learn. He didn't even start toad jutsu shown by his surprise by gamakichi's and gamatatsu's size. What had really made my feelings for naruto plummet, is teh sharingon. ok it can copy every move in the nation, fine by me, it can tear holes in fabric of time and space. over rated but still fine. flame thats unstopable. ok starting to get oped. can turn into an eye that gives you the ability to make the moon. WAYYYYY to oped. i was fine with the rinnegan (when i thought it was its own doujutsu) but having the main character (former?(i cant tell with naruto anymore)) friend get that ability is just stupid. then kishimoto starts ripping off other anime. the four tailed giant monkey is names SON GOKU (from dbz) and it seems like kishimoto likes giving naruto major jumps in power only for it to have a major drawback. I.E. sage mode, have to have 3 clones get for him instead of toads. full kurama mode, have to have cooperation. and several other things. frankly skip after Gaara dies to the Jiraiya's sage mode reveal arc. and you wont miss much of anything. (thats what i did and all you miss is naruto taking out some enimies that are of no importance, one good guy dieing and thats it.) frankly i give it a 5 of 10. not really bad but not good either.