Naruto

Sakura Blossoms!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM May 06, 2006 on TV Tokyo

• When Naruto, Sasuke, and Lee are down and unable to fight, Sakura takes the initiative to step in and defend them against the ninjas from the Village of Sound.

I'd have to say this was one of the best Naruto episodes ever. First of all, Sakura actually does something for a change, and we get to see her become more courageous and stronger. For once, the episode isn't all about Sasuke or Naruto. Sakura finally comes up with the nerve to take a stand and fight, and when she does, her skills are put to the test. In my opinion, although Sakura isn't the best fighter, she held her own quite well against three very skilled ninja, and even surprised them a couple times.
    The best part of the episode was when the past friendship between Ino and Sakura was revealed. This made the story a bit more understandable and interesting. I'm glad Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru decide to help an exhausted Sakura at the end. It shows that some of the characters actually have a heart and are kind enough to help someone in need. Anyway, this episode was great overall, I just wish it had been longer!