Naruto

Sakura Blossoms!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM May 06, 2006 on TV Tokyo

• Some backbone content is provided between Sakura and Ino's relationship.

Rock Lee's proudest move, the secondary lotus, was rendered powerless thanks to the sound ninja's special ability to manipulate sound to their liking using their chakra. Sakura is tired of always being protected by everyone closest to her, and summons enough willpower and strength to battle against the sound ninja. She fought couragously, but it wasn't enough. Ino, Chouji, and Shikamaru, were behind the bushes, witnessing the events that's being taken place in front of her eyes. Awakended by the friendship her and Sakura shared before their Sasuke rivalry was surfaced, Ino leads her crew out into the battlefield to fight against the sound ninja.

This episode was surprisingly deep. It started off a little shabby, but then got better. Sakura finally went on the offensive, which was nice, but the flashback scenes concerning Sasuke and Naruto always protecting her dragged out a little too long. Some effect died out before the emotional scene of Sakura biting onto Zaku's arm in a one sided fight, but I absolutely loved the second half. Even though shounens are my favourite genre of anime, they also carry within them the things I hate the most about animes, like superficial personalities and relationships. I felt that the Ino and Sakura relationship presented in this episode was strolling along those rails, but it was executed brilliantly.