Naruto

Sasuke's Decison: Pushed to the Edge

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Feb 17, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Emo emo emo!

The first five minutes were kind of touching; that scene where the kids are all running away from Gaara who just wanted a friend is just a sad sight to see. Though afterwards it went downhill from there; it was mostly Gaara drooling while he was spouting such nonsense about confirming your existence, you're my prey, etc. You would expect more from a fight between two villages who hold their prized Genins highly, although Sasuke delivered more on his part than Gaara does, although he isn't much better. Much of his time was spent on a flashback whether or not he should use a third chidori, though the releasing of the cursed seal was a bit surprising and unexpected.
  • sasuke vs crazy gaara

well sasuke is again fighting gaara, except gaara is in his creepy demon form. hes screaming at sasuke telling him how weak he is compared to him. then sasuke gets really angry and attacks gaaras demon with a chidori. it cuts through gaara but he is too strong and is barely injured. gaara screams some more and sasuke decides to use another chidori but he has already used two in one day. but when gaara is coming sasukes chidori stops and he is badly injured. naruto comes and kicks gaara in the face just in time to sake sasuke. plz view my profile!
  • Sasuke finds out why everyone is scared of Gaara.

Sasuke has caught up to Gaara and starts to attack him. Gaara is showing part of his hideous true form and easily deflects the attacks. Meanwhile, the battle between the 3rd Hokage and Orochimaru is continuing. The 3rd Hokage is trying to find the strength to pull Orochimaru's soul from his body. Back to Sasuke and Gaara, Sasuke decides it is time to use the Chidori. It is the second time he has used it today. He and Gaara charge each other. Sasuke is able to wound Gaara again, but it does not even slow him down. Things are looking grim for Sasuke when....
  • Orochimaru battles the Third Hokage and Sasuke battles Garra.

This is a great episodes because there are two big battles here. The one with Garra and Sasuke and the last one of the Third Hokage yet not the last one for Orochimaru. The battle of Sasuke and Garra was interesting. Sasuke used the Chidori a third time and couldn't move but did effect a little Garra. I was glad Sasuke could do the Chidori for the third time but he didn't get well after that because he couldn't move. Orochimaru's and the Third's battle wasn't going well either because Orochimaru still had strength to pull his soul back into himself while the Third was struggling to finish the jutsu. Overall, this episode went well but the battles weren't going so well.
  • The continued match: Sasuke vs. Gaara!

As their match resumes, Gaara begins to transform into Shukaku the Sand Demon, similar to Kyuubi the Fox Demon imprisoned in Naruto's body. Shukaku greatly increases Gaara's power and speed. Sasuke uses his Chidori, a technique Kakashi tought him to use during the month of training. His Chidori cuts Gaara's arm off, but Gaara is unfazed and is doubly set on killing Sasuke. Sasuke's in trouble!!!!! He can only use the Chidori twice in a day, and he already used it once in the Chunin Exam and then again just now. Sasuke must now rely on Orochimaru's curse seal to get the job done. The curse seal lends him the power to create another Chidori. Gaara is still unaffected. Sasuke collapses, due to the ammount of pressure from the curse seal. Then Naruto, Sakura, and Pakkun arrive and repel Gaara.
  • Weird episode...but cool. Sasuke vs. Gaara...again.

Pretty good episode, but I'm waiting for Season 3 to finish up. The fight between Sasuke and Gaara is actually very interesting in fact, and the way Naruto pops up at the end of the episode is awesome. They've got a really good saga going for them, until the fight between Naruto and Gaara. That fight gets pretty boring. But back on this episode. It's actually very exciting, in my opinion but I can't wait for Season 4 to begin March. Yeah! But this a very exciting episode of Naruto, and it makes you want to jump up and watch it all over again when you're done.
  • GARA IS SO STRONG AND NARUTO SAVES SASUKE AGAIN

I use to hate Gara but to know him is to love him. symbol on his head means love. Gara's flash backs show his childhood revealing why he is who he is. Why I have loved Naruto from day one.Saves his friends and this isn't the first time he saved Susuke. The time he stood up to Omochimaru.. I can't wait to see Naruto fight the all powerful Gara and his fear of Gara....
  • Sasuke is running out of chakra. Will he be able to defeat Gaara with an extra chidori?

Alright, Sasuke is still hiding while Gaara is busting the trees..And him! Now Gaara is teasing Sasuke about how weak his purpose is. Now Sasuke is really mad. He knows its Chidori or nothing. CLASH Gaara's strength vs Sasukes Chidori. Gaara was knocked back. Gaara freaks out again and we learn more about his sad past. Poor Gaara! Later, Sasuke is in trouble, almost out of chakra. He cant use chidori anymore. Then He remembers the tragic day his family dies. He must go over the limit! Chidori again! Sasuke does remember that he could die...or worse if he uses it more than twice. He uses it!They clash. We see them both go flying. Sasuke pulled it off using the cursed seal! With Sasuke almost uncauncios, Gaara goes in for the kill. Is it the end for Sasuke? (I wish it was) But right then Naruto Comes in And kicks Gaara. Naruto Will take over the fight! Meanwhile, Hokage is really struggling to pull out Orochimarus soul. Has the 3rd hokage reached HIS Limits? Fing out next episode! NOTE: All you slackers who only wirte 100 letters are slackers.
    Review by Killer-Bob.
  • Sasuke is fighting Gaara, Sasuke gets poned. Sasuke is rescued by Naruto. End of eppie.

• This episode was revealing and showed a whole new side to the Gaara story

This episode was sweet from the word go. It showed how Sasuke was willing to do whatever it took to defeat Gaara. This episode also show how Gaara was ready for anything that Sasuke would throw at him. Of course with an episode this intense they had to show a whole lot of commercials. Aside from that this episode was the best example of an episode of Naruto that i have seen in a long while. With all of the action in this episode someone had to get beat. Towards the very end of the episode Sasuke gets beat by Gaara and is about to die when out of nowhere comes naruto and his friends to break it up can't wait til the next episode. -NarutoShippuden.
  • This episode surely promises more insight into the past of Sabaku no Gaara, but can we stand the voice acting?

I know I probably shouldn't really be comparing the Japanese and English versions and that lots of people complain about the voice acting -- but Gaara as a child...

I don't know. It's just too weird. (there were several times I just had to laugh; though I'm VERY HAPPY that you can tell that Yashamaru is a guy... ehehehe...)

Not that just that brings the whole episode down. (there's also Shukaku-Gaara's voice to be discussed...)

The whole "I am an avenger" is about to get really old, really fast but I can't really blame Sasuke for that. The flashbacks were timed really well, and didn't really interrupt the flow of action. It was good to get a little more insight into why Gaara's insane (for lack of a more descriptive word).

Overall, though, not the series' best. Thus, it is average.
  • The Battle Between Gaara and Sasuke Continues

The fight between Sasuke and the monsterous Gaara continues.Gaara begin to have some flashback of his past of when he was an child.When he was an little boy.Which brought him pain and sadness.This prove how strong Gaara is.Sasuke begin to think back of what Gaara said.Than Sasuke begin to have flashback of his family past even his brother.Meanwhile the fight between Orichimaru and the 3rd hokage is at the end.Altough this part was sorta repeat.Yet the battle still goes on and Sasuke using Lighting something I forgot work on throwing him down.But it doesn't work.Gaara tries to make an point that his hate is weaker and Sasuke can't win aganist him.Now Gaara demon form is taking over well nearly.

This episode was awsome.I feel sad for Gaara,when all the kids run away from him in fear after he got the ball for them.The truth he didn't want to be alone he wanted friends but they were afriad of him.
  • With garra turning into the Shukaku sasuke believes he may not have enough power to face him. Only being able to use the chidori twice a day he risks the chance of dying but with the thought of itachi sasuke may be able to pull it off one more time.

6.3
    All in all a rather okay epsiode we see how garras childhood was kind of screwy and why he's such a screwball today. Sasuke tries to pull off one more chidori but may not because he risk the chance of dying if he does it again if anything this epsiode is just a filler faiting for naruto to arrive at the last minute like heros do. We know that when naruto gets here it will finally pick up but for the current moment we can only sit by and wait. All n all i give it a 6.3 its okay but just not that good well time can only tell what lies in store fo us in the naruto world.
  • OMG i have not even wached it and i hope i can

This looks to be one of the best show this seson. Dose any one other then me think Grara needs to calm down. I mean come on, you could not have had that rough of an up bring to want to kill ever person you see. If that was the case evere one would be fearing for his or her life. he realy needs to cool it. But other then a nutjob this looks to be one, if not the, best show this whole seson. PS i know the bigest fight is coming up but i cant like another one more
  • Gaara vs Sasuke

The whole episode revloved around the climatic battle of Gaara and Sasuke. Gaara was still in his Demon form and Sasuke was afraid to fight him head on in the beginning. Gaara kept taughting Sasuke claiming that he was better and that Sasuke didnt have enough murderous intent to beat him. Sasuke was really careful about facing Gaara directly and most made long ranged attacks and dodged using simple jutsus. However the taunts of Gaara finally ticked Sasuke off enough to go one on one with the beast. He used his Chidori 2 times, both times hurting Gaara. But he was told by Kakashi not to use it a 3 time or else he might die.