Naruto

The Beast Within

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Dec 22, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro, more of this please!

Between Naruto vs. Sasuke (which will be later on), Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro or Rock Lee vs. Gaara, I don't know how to order them. Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro delivered on so many levels, the aesthetic value was great but also the whole fact that Rock Lee was a drunken fist. Him being drunk doesn't automatically make him cool but it was just so unique and fun to watch. Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro is one of the better fights in anime. The Sand ninja coming in and lending their aid to the Konoha ninjas before their brink of death was an interesting twist, though for a while I thought the whole power struggle between Tayuya and Shikamaru was going to be another Sarutobi and Orochimaru.
  • Lee fights using the Loopy Fist technique.

Naruto is still chasing Sasuke. Lee has taken his "elixer" (which is actually sake) and starts acting funny. Kimimaru wonders what it was that Lee took. Lee starts to attack Kimimaru and to his surprise Kimimaru cannot figure out Lee's attacks and gets hit several times. It seems that in Lee's drunken state he is much faster and stronger plus his attacks are totally unpredictable. So much so that Lee passes out. Kimimaru walks over to Lee to kill him with his blade when Lee wakes up and begins attacking again. Kimimaru is perplexed and decides to go to his second stage. Just when things are looking grim for our heroes, some old enemies show up but it seems they are on the good side now?
  • Lee fights Kimimaro using the Loopy (Drunken) Fist, but Kimimaro seems to have the upper hand...

This was a funny episode to see. Lee gets drunk and uses the Loopy (Drunken) Fist on Kimimaro. Lee uses this impressive and weird power to try and hold up Kimimaro from catching up to Naruto. However, Lee doesn't stay drunk for long, and the battle starts to turn in Kimimaro's favor. Elsewhere, Shikamaru can't seem to hold up Tayuya, and Kiba can't get Sakon and Ukon off of his trail. It seems that Lee, Shikamaru, and Kiba, can't win and they are all about to die. However, new allies come in and join the fight and help our almost fallen ninja heroes. Can these new allies defeat Kimimaro, Tayuya, Sakon, and Ukon? Or are they not strong enough to handle them? Another awesome episode, and another 10 out of 10!
  • Drun...Loopy Lee VS Kimi

What goes down in this episode of Naruto is in his drunken form, Lee's movements are unpredictable and Kimimaro is left unable to dodge his attacks. As Lee begins gaining the advantage in the fight, Kimimaro is forced to use his more powerful abilities. Lee, however, begins to sober up, and reverts to his previous state, easily being outclassed by Kimimaro. Kimimaro prepares to finish Lee off, Tayuya starts fighting Shikamaru's shadow, and Sakon and Ukon find Kiba and Akamaru. Before any of the Sound Four members can attack the Konoha ninja, Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro arrive at each battle site to take care of the Sound Four members themselves. It was an awesome episode, but the episode after this one is much better. Thunder was here!!!
  • Lee gets drunk

OMG, this stuff is freakin' hysterical! My only complaint is that the dubbed version says "Loopy Fist" instead of "Drunken Fist." It's not cool and it ticks me off! This is EXACTLY why Naruto needs to be changed to be on Adult Swim! But what about the kids who can't stay up that late? Hm... Too bad for them. Life is rough. Get a helmet. Anyway, while I'm rambling, I'm going to tell you, in my own words, what happened. Lee took his "medicine" which turned out to be elixer (another dumb mistake by the dubbed version. It's BOOZE!). And he's so fast when he's drunk, Kimimaro can't touch him! And Lee is like, a bazillion times stronger when he's drunk. And a bazillion times funnier too! :P :D But alas, all tings must come to an end. Lee starts to get sober and Kimimaro gains the upperhand. (OMG, this next part I saw in a dream last night and I choked on my muffin when I saw it on TV. Exactly as it happened! I mean, I knew the Sand showed up, I just didn't know how. I swear to you, I've never seen this episode before!) And then Tayuya prepares to kill Shikamaru, Sakon and Ukon to kill Kiba and Akamaru, and Kimimaro to kill Lee. And then Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara show up to save their sorry butts.
  • Drunk Lee vs Kimimaro.

After accidentally drinking a bottle of Sake, Rock Lee becomes drunk and seems to be more than Kimimaro can handle and that Lee is a master of the "Drunken Fist". Lee acts differently and attacks differently making Kimimaro wonder what is going on. Lee appears to be winning, but the tables soon turn when Kimimaro activates the first level of his Cursed Seal. Just as Kimimaro, Sakon, and Tayuya are about to deliver the final blow to Lee, Shikamaru, and Kiba they get help from Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro. This episode was funny because of the way Lee acted and fought.
  • total rock lee pwnage

this is one of my favorite naruto episode. its hilarious but also a good fight episode. When rock lee was drunk at first I thought "well this is something" but after I saw this episode I thought "whoa I need some of what rock lee was drinking". Rock Lee moved up a lot on my favorite Naruto characters list. The whole fight scenes were good. My favorite part was the handstand kicks rock lee did. That part had me out of my seat. overall very good episode for me. The Sasuke retrieval arc is my favorite arc out of all of them in naruto.
  • Rock Lee fights Kimimaro while dr...loopy.

Rock Lee continues to fight Kimimaro even though he is "loopy". He seems to be doing well, even if his tactics seem a bit strange. Kimimaro just seems amused by all of this. Shikamaru is running out of chakra against Tayuya, who seems to be getting the upper hand. Kiba escapes into the woods from Sakon and Ukon. And then everything turns wrong. Shikamaru loses his grip on Tayuya, Rock Lee unlocks the first gate and attacks, only to be blocked by Kimimaro's bones, and just when Kiba thinks he's free, Ukon comes wearing his jacket. Kiba didn't recognize his own scent! Just as they are all about to die, a wind blast hits Tayuya, sand protects Lee, and a puppet takes the blow in front of Kiba. The sand shinobi are here to help!
  • Naruto Episode 124

this episode is probably my favorite episode ever. The whole sequence where Lee (who is COMPLETELY drunk) fights Kimimaro is probably the funniest thing that i have ever had the privilege of viewing. Lee is oblivious to the fact that he is fighting one of the most badass characters in the naruto series.
    But the real reason i love this episode, is the very end. All looks grim as Shikamaru, Kiba and Lee are faced with deadly situations. As their opponents are about to strike their final blow... a gust of wind blows away Shikamaru's opponent. A strange figure that is not human saves Kiba. and a pile of SAND comes and swoops up Lee from danger.
    THAT'S RIGHT! "Temari: Allies of Konoha! Kankuro: The shinobi... Gaara: of the Sand." *cue awesome rock music* *end episode*
    i, among many others, have missed the Sand siblings
    this is a fantastic episode with a fantastic plot!!!
  • this is an awsome episode!! especially the ending!!

LOL Lee is BACK!! He can even kick butt when he's drunk!! It was hilarious when he was "sleeping." I'm happy Lee can fight again. He's just great. Everybody is continuing their fight Naruto is going after Saske who is annoying being all evil. Kiba is slowly escaping, but is found. Shikamaru is at his limit, relesing his shawdow. Lee's foot is being held by those icky bone thingys and they're all fixing to die when, Guess who Shows up?! Gaara and gang!! I am so freaking happy Gaara is back, and they are fixing to kick the Sound ninja's butts!! I was sitting there thinking, Oh God how are they gonna get out of this, then the sand trio shows up. Woo Hoo!! It seems Naruto made a BIG impression on Gaara, I think he's happy-ish now XD. Okay well I can't wait for the next episode!!
  • Lee + sake = awesome episode

omg, this episode was so cool. not only was it funny but the moves Lee pulled and the way Kimimaro fought was brilliant. In my opinion this is the best fighting scene of the entire series. The part where Lee pretends to be sleeping is great and Kimimaro is so cute when he's clueless xD It is a shame they could not fight each other in good health. I would have loved to see that, but I guess I can't have it all xD. I disliked the way Sasuke grinned though >_< it was so annoying, thankfully the bottle of sake made up for it.
  • Rock Lee is Stoned Lee!

Rock Lee got totally drunk from drinking a bottle of sake and during his fight against Kimimaro, he's totally plastered. However, drinking an entire bottle of sake would make Lee unpredictable.

But it isn't until Kimimaro pulls his bones out of his arm is when Lee starts to lose it. He finally gets knocked down and his face gets slashed. He then has a sort of hangover and finally comes to, but now he's faced with Kimimaro's rather disturbing Advanced Bloodline. He tries to fight but gets his faced slashed again.

And then when Lee's Omote Renge move fails, it looks like Lee is finished....or is he? Who should appear, but Mr. Sandman himself, Gaara!

The reason for this episode's high rating? Simple. Lee fighting drunk...and winning, Kimimaro's Advanced Bloodline, and Gaara's suprise appearance at the end. He wanted Lee dead and now he's going to assist the little ninja dude in fighting the bone-headed Kimimaro!
  • Rock Lee is drunken boxing... oh man

This is my favorite episode of Naruto. If Primary Lotus wasn't enough to convince you that Rock Lee is the greatest, then this episode should set you straight. Kimimaro? Hell no! Kimimaro's got nothing. Rock Lee smokes his lard like Kuchiki Byakuya does to Renji when Renji has the audacity to fight his own sqaud captain, idiot. Actualy it was very brave of him to fight for a noble cause, even when he had no chance of winning. Renji's a heroic dude. Anyway, Kimimaro fights like a weasel and Rock Lee loses, but then Gaara saves the day. Hells yeah.