Naruto

The Broken Seal

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Dec 17, 2005 on TV Tokyo

• Naruto unknowingly releases a strange chakra.

As the episode begins, Zabuza has attacked the bridge builder, Tazuna, and Kakashi barely deflects the attack. Meanwhile, Sasuke thinks that he has figured out a way to get out of Haku's trap. In the midst of the battle, he begins to use his own sharingan. He is now able to read Haku's movements and attacks. Haku realizes this and attacks an unconscious Naruto. Sasuke sees it at the last minute and deflects the attack with his own body and throws Haku against a mirror. Naruto wakes up to see Sasuke badly wounded. Sasuke dies in front of Naruto. Naruto then becomes angry at Haku and a strange red chakra surrounds him.....
  • Back To Haku.

Okay the battles are still going on. Kakashi has a large gash in his chest due to Zabuza's sword! And Haku is still fighting with Naruto and Sasuke. First Naruto tries to make a break for it, but Haku quickly goes after him. Sasuke sees his chance and instead for trying to escape himself, he just does his Flamethrower Jutsu thingy. Haku is almost hit and says that, that is impossible. He was going too fast, but Sasuke somehow did it. Then Sasuke activates his Sharingan. With that he can see everything super-clearly. Haku doesn't like this so he throws his needles at him to slow him down, but Sasuke dodges in a swift motion. Haku needs to attack, but he doesn't know how. So instead of going for Sasuke, he goes for Naruto who is still passed out. Sasuke realizes this and in a chakra powered jump he gets Naruto out of the way. But when Naruto comes to, he sees that Sasuke is covered in Haku's needles. Sasuke calls him a loser and falls in his arms. He explains how he wasn't able to kill his brother, whom he hates so. Then he dies right in Naruto's arms. Naruto becomes very angry and frustrated. Haku then wonders why red chakra is swirling around him. Chakra isn't supposed to be visible! But it wasn't normal chakra but it was the Kyuubi chakra, the Nine-Tailed Fox that was Sealed inside Naruto when he was newly born. Well that Seal was broken and some of the energy flowed out. From outside Kakashi realizes what is happening, but he can't do anythng about it. The Kyuubi has taken over Naruto and will kill anyone who stands in his way!
  • first time naruto has the demond fox out

this episode is just great naruto thinks sauske dies and he goes all crazy and he unleseas some of the nine tailed fox's cjacra and he fights hakku and he wins but hakku wants naruto to kill him but naruto is not sure if he could such a thing and kakashi seems to know he cant as kakashi get ready for the final blow againts zabuza hakku jumps in the way and dies naruto starts ot lose his mind as zabuza still treats him like a pawn and a tool when he just died to protect him and naruto goes on how it is not right and we find out zabuza is not that bad after all and he starts to cry and runs after the guy that hired him and was going to kill him for what he did the final scene of the fight is him and hakku laying beside each other zabuza wishing to go to heaven with hakku but he already know he is bein sent to hell
  • Sasuke and Naruto keep on fighting Haku. The tables turn. Sasuke's sharingan awakens and increases Sasuke's speed. After Sasuke takes many needles thrown by Haku aiming for Naruto making Sasuke seem dead, Naruto's nine tailed chakra pours out of him.

The sharingan within Sasuke awakens and the tables turn. Sasuke has the upperhand. He is very powerful at that time but Naruto can't go on. At this point of this episode I felt that Sasuke was going to win but then Haku then aims at Naruto but Sasuke's body moves without him having control over it so Sasuke takes all of the needles making Sasuke seem dead. I didn't see that coming. Naruto filled with furry that Haku had killed his friend, is ready to defeat Haku with his nine-tailed demond's chakra pouring out of him. I then thought that Naruto was going to win the fight because he was so powerful then. This episode is one of my favorites because it has a lot of action and Sasuke gets his Sharingan.
  • Sasuke unleashes his Sharingan, and Naruto unleashes his Kyuubi! Pure Awesomness!

Okay the battles are still going on. Kakashi has a large gash in his chest due to Zabuza's sword! And Haku is still fighting with Naruto and Sasuke. First Naruto tries to make a break for it, but Haku quickly goes after him. Sasuke sees his chance and instead fo trying to escape himself, he just does his Flamethrower Jutsu thingy. Haku is almost hit and says that, taht is impossible. He was going too fast, but Sasuke somehow did it. Then Sasuke activates his Sharingan. With that he can see everything super-clearly. Haku doesn't like this so he throws his needles at him to slow him down, but Sasuke dodges in a swift mtion. Haku needs to attack, but he doesn't know how. So instead of going for Sasuke, he goes for Naruto who is still passed out. Sasuke realizes this and in a chakra powered jump he gets Naruto out of the way. But when Naruto comes to, he sees that Sasuke is covered in Haku's needles. Sasuke calls him a loser and falls in his arms. He explains how he wasn't able to kill his brother, whom he hates so. Then he dies right in Naruto's arms. Naruto becomes very angry and frustrated. Haku then wonders why red chakra is swirling around him. Chakra isn't supposed to be visible! But it wasn't normal chakra but it was the Kyuubi chakra, the Nine-Tailed Fox that was Sealed inside Naruto when he was newly born. Well that Seal was broken and some of the energy flowed out. From outside Kakashi realizes what is happening, but he can't do anythng about it. The Kyuubi has taken over Naruto and will kill anyone who stands in his way!
  • Then again maybe Haku bites the dust...

Even though this episode of Naruto is entirely concetrated only on Naruto and Sasuke i think that this one really makes the difference , mainly thanks to Naruto's burst out in the end of it. While Kakashi is still unable to define where Zabuza is due to the mist Naruto and Sasuke finally start to predict Haku's movements (thanks to Sasuke's power of the sharingan (he is an Uchiha) ) and not only they protect theirselves but they also try to counter-attack. Unfortunately while Sasuke gradually closes the speed gap between them and Haku he gets seriously injured by him and dies (or maybe just faints?). After that we see an outraged Naruto starting to unconsiously transform into the demon fox trapped in his body. What will happen?
  • Oh my gosh! He killed Sasuke! (pun on South Park) Not cool Haku! Not cool!

Sasuke keeps fighting Haku, even though Haku is 3 years older and 3 times stronger. Haku throws senbon needles at Naruto, and Sasuke, without really even thinking, throws himself in the way of the senbon. Naruto realizes that he wasn't hit and looks up at Sasuke. He thanks him for saving him. Then Naruto notices that something is wrong. Sasuke staggers to his feet talling Naruto that he always gets in the way in a weak voice. He collapses. Sasuke tells Naruto that he promised to kill his brother before he died. Then he tells Naruto he better not die, and then Sasuke dies. Naruto gets reaaaally mad, and tells Haku he's gonna kill him.
  • This was totally awesome! I never really expected anything like this to happen...well, actually, I did, since I read the manga before I watched the anime, but still...this was an excellent installment of Naruto.

It really touched me when Sasuke jumped in the way to save Naruto. And even though the anime wasn't as graphic as the manga, it was still quite a touching moment, seeing how these two rivals---these two boys who supposedly despised each other---really are starting to become friends, even at this early stage. But it wasn't just that that made this a great episode. It really was a heartwrenching thing, seeing Sasuke's sacrifice, and seeing how Naruto responded to it with all his might, feeling such intense emotions as to shake the seal that the 4th Hokage put upon him long ago. Not only was it sweet to see how these two cared for each other, but this episode also made us aware of Naruto's terrifying potential. All in all, an awesome episode!!
  • Naruto defends Sasuke when he risks his life to save him.

Wow, this episode was really good. Naruto passes out and when we awakes he finds that Sasuke has defended him. He askes why? and Sasuke replies 'I hated you'. This way by far the best thing thats come out of Sasuke's mouth so far for me. It shows that thier friendship will continue to grower and they will become closer friends. Back to the topic
    Sasuke then passes out and Naruto thinks his dead. This makes him so mad, that red chakra is flowing out of him.

This is also a really important episode in my opinion as it shows the blossoming fiendship of Sasuke and Naruto and the power that the Kyubi (9 tailed fox) gives Naruto
  • Naruto has officially snapped!

At the beginning, the episode's nowhere near child-safe. Naruto and Sasuke are stabbed multiple times with Haku's spikes. There's no way out. Eventually Sasuke is able to outmatch the attacks. Unfortunately, he loses too much blood and apparantly dies. Naruto is upset and then....smoke starts to appear around him. Then a large red charka ammerges around him. It transforms into Kyubi. Naruto then starts to grow more jacked up than normal. The spikes in his back pop out and he grows claws on his hands and jaws on his teeth. His wiskers grow thicker and he has Kyubi's eyes. That's right. The nine-tailed fox dude has awoken!
  • All hell breaks loose when the nine tailed fox is finally released. Naruto uses the fox's chakra to defend Sasuke.

Sasuke's sharingan is released and is able to attack Haku with his Fireball Jutsu as because he is now able to see him. With Sharingan Sasuke can stop Haku's attack because his eyes can detect where and when Haku attacks. Also Kakashi is still fighting Zabuza and must protect Tazuna and Sakura. Naruto faints for a minute and wakes up to see that Sasuke has beaten Haku, but Sasuke has taken to many needles so he drops and seems to be dead. So Naruto becomes mad because Sasuke is defeated and he is thought to be dead. So Naruto cries and is sad because of Sasukes defeat. Haku says that Naruto found the power within himself to defend who is precious to him, but says that when comrades die is part of being a ninja. So Naruto tells Haku to shut up then gets angry and releases the nine tailed fox whose chakra enpowers him.

This episode was sad and full of suprises. It will have a large effect in the future.
  • Something terrible is about to happen!!

Sasuke temporarily manages to keep his own against Haku, an impressive feat in itself, for Haku is an extremely formidable opponent. He even awakens his Sharingan. Naruto, hardheaded as usual, refuses to accept that Haku is too strong for him, and keeps on getting up and attempting to fight. Haku throws more needles at Naruto, and Sasuke, fearing they would be fatal, jumps in and is impaled with them instead, causing Naruto to think that he has been killed. He cries over Sasuke for a very short bit, then his immense anger and frustruation allow Kyubi to partly overtake Naruto. After this, Haku is severely wounded by Naruto, who is not affected by the needles he sends, because Kyubi's chakra merely shunts them aside as if they were nothing. Haku, on the verge of panic, admits that 'This isn't good,' before getting punched out of his Ice Mirrors.
  • This. Was. Awesome. I think that it was one of, if not the BEST episode ever. Oh, yeah, and spoilers abound in this review. :D

We got to see a lot of stuff in this episode. We got to see Kakahsi and Zabuza fight, then we got to see Sasuke, Naruto and Haku fight. It was great. And you can never see Sasuke die too many times. Of course, he came back ... but it was fun seeing him die. Well, no, not really, but I love how they work on developing his character as he saves Naruto's life by giving up his own.

We also got to see that Sasuke has the Sharingan. We got to see him fight, and how determined he is to win, and to live, and to fulfill his dream. Then we got to see the demon inside Naruto. Wel, just some form of it. It was really cool.

Anyway, I also like this episode because it shows what is happening to all the characters at once. The recap of this episode doesn't do it justice. It also has a lot of mistakes. Anyway, not dwelling on that, you really have to see this episode for yourself. It's great. Probably the best Episode in the series so far. :D

~CrystalRaindrop
  • The battle rages on as Kakashi battles Zabuza and Naturo and Sasuke try to hold out against Haku. But what will happen when the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox is released...?

My favorite part in the anime/manga is when Naruto goes crazy and attacks Haku. That was seriously cool, if not somewhat creepy. I also feel kind bad for Sasuke though. I think he really does care about Sakura, since he seemed worried about her when he heard her scream. But that's just a guess.
  • OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS SHOW WAS THE BOMB!! iT WAS VERY HYPED IF YOU ASK ME. THE PART I LIKED MOST IS WHEN THE NINETAIL FOX WAS ABOUT TO REALLY UNLEASH IT SELF. THEN NARUTO SAID, "I'LL KILL YOU!!" AND THEN I THOUGHT SAKURA GOT HURT TOO.

I loved this show I wouldn't mind watching it over and over again. What made it like the best show in the first season to me is when Naruto was becoming the ninetail fox. And Haku was acting like she didn't know what was going on. And saskue called naruto his brother. Omg that was a good show.
  • Sasuke almost gives up his life to protect Naruto giving him the new power of the Sharigan

Sasuke still tries tom fight Haku. The crystal ice mirrors are too much for him and Naruto. Naruto uses up too much of his chakra and can't continue the fight. Sasuke must now protect Naruto and defeat Haku which is impossible. That seems until Sasuke battles Haku and unlocks his Sharigan. After Sasuke dodges all of Haku's moves Haku figures out Sasuke is using the Sharigan. Haku figures the only way to defeat him is to go after Naruto. Sasuke still protects him even knowing it is a trap. Naruto wakes up to find Sasuke dying which ends up loosing Kyubi's seal.
  • Tons of twists, but a shallow emotional scene.

7.4
    The battle in the circle of Ice mirrors is starting to heat up. Sasuke is starting to catch on to Haku's movement, so he started getting more aggressive. Naruto fainted due to exhaustion, so Sasuke spent most of his time deflecting the needles. Finally, Sasuke was forced to pull out his sharingan, and was able to see Haku's movements clearly. Haku knew he couldn't defeat Sasuke like this right now, so he lured him out by targeting Naruto. Sasuke sacrificed his body in order to block all the needles, and counter attack against Haku. Naruto wakes up, and sees a myriad of needles sticking out of his body. Sasuke apparantly dies, and Naruto's rage causes the seal of the kyubi to break.

A lot of people say the scene with Sasuke dying was emotional. I thought it was superficial. That entire scene pretty much contradicted everything that Sasuke stood up for, like working alone, making it his only goal to kill his brother. So why did he put his life on the line for a person he hated when he knew he wouldn't rest in peace? Nothing touched me at all about this episode. The walk down memory lane was also, in my opinion, pretty shallow. Up to this point, Naruto has been mediocre for me, and most of it has to do with the characters. Without good established characters, emotional scenes like these are rendered useless, and I kept on asking myself when it'll all be over. What's worth recognizing in this episode however, is the two twists in this episode. First, the fact that Sasuke also has the sharingan ability, and second, the unleashing of the kyubi. The kyubi thing seemed rather predictably, since there's no other way for Naruto to defeat Haku without a deus ex machina, but because of the first episode, the event of the seal breaking isn't a deus ex machina. Well, I'm just happy that this rather boring battle is going to be concluded soon.
  • Seriously a good episode for this series

I have to admit that this episode sort of sucked, only a little though. The \"death\" of Sasuke was a real bummer but to counteract that it was decided that the nine tail fox\'s chakra be released, but only a little. The way Kakashi was looking when he felt the chakra at first told us that he was a little scared. He knew the nine tail fox\'s chakra and he knew its power. Naruto turning into the nine tailed fox was seriously awesome its just to bad he made the full change at the end of the episode. This episode foreshadows the oncoming of more combine chakra of Kyubi and Naruto.
  • It was so sad that Sasuke sacrificed himself to save Naruto then got hurt himself. Sasuke is a great character. He is seen as this cold hearted jerk, but he ould put himself in harms way to save Naruto. Even if he didn\'t neccessarily want to. He still di

It was so sad that Sasuke sacrificed himself to save Naruto then got hurt himself. Sasuke is a great character. He is seen as this cold hearted jerk, but he ould put himself in harms way to save Naruto. Even if he didn\'t neccessarily want to. He still did and it was the best decission possible. The whole episode is foreshadowing Naruto, and Sasuke\'s relationship. It is clear that we will see their relationship grow tremendously. Sasuke even starts to work with. He helps her even though he despies her, because she is in his team. It seems that in the future they will all be the best they can be.
  • Sad when I first saw it.

This episode was the episode where they showed what friends do for each other. Sasuke was prepared to give his life for Naruto\'s. And as Haku said, Sasuke truley cares about Naruto. He was dear and near to Sasuke, hence the reason Sasuke risked his life for Naruto\'s. Great episode...
  • I dont get it, did the nine tail fox escape forever? will someone please tell me...

So did the Nine-tailed fox escape forever? I dont really know, but this was so exiteing! I was so mad that i couldn't see the end. Naruto should have totally kicked Hakus butt with the ninetailed fox at his side, why didn't he then? This was a little confusing, but totally awsome!!
  • nine tailed fox has been released

Oh wow was this freakin awesome or what finally Narotoe unleashes his true self. bad part was that soska had too almost die from it. And we also now know that cholkra can't be seen unless you're thansforming into the nine taibbed fox. I think this was a brillint episode and wish they would have them more often the best part was when either the nine tailed fox comes or when hocu relizes that soska has the soringon eye. two people from dead famely lines said sobyusu which I thought cucashie was in his fastily line too but oh well. this issuch a perfect episode too begen with
  • Naruto useed his nine tail powers

Naruto and Sasuke continue their rigorous battle against Haku. Naruto eventually gets knocked out, while Haku realizes that Sasuke is slowly learning his movements. Kakashi realizes Haku has a Kekkai Genkai skill, but alerts Zabuza that Sasuke also has one because he's of the Uchiha clan. Haku sees the Sharingan in Sasuke's eyes and understands that the battle can't continue like this. So, to attack Sasuke, he targets Naruto. Sasuke jumps in the way to protect Naruto. Naruto wakes up and sees Haku on the ground. He starts to praise Sasuke, only to realize Sasuke is bleeding heavily in front of him. Naruto asks Sasuke why he protected him. Sasuke replies saying his body moved on its own. Sasuke tells Naruto not to die and fall in front of him. Haku knows what Sasuke did, and compliments Sasuke on being a true ninja. Seeing his friend lie before him, a poweful force awakens inside Naruto. An image of firery chakra of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox appears. Has Kyubi been set free from Naruto's body? And once released, can anyone stop him?
  • The Nine-Tail Fox is about to be revealed...

The fight continues... Naruto and Sasuke vs Haku and Kakashi vs Zabuza, well, Kakashi and Zabuza - that's just like nothing in this episode, The Broken Seal mainly focuses on Naruto, Sasuke and Haku.

Naruto and Sasuke keep fighting, never giving up, believing in themselves, believe it. But when Naruto reaches his limit, Sasuke is the one responsible for protecting Naruto, even though Naruto doesn't want to be saved. Naruto and Sasuke hated each other, but now their friendship is starting to meet together.

Haku is putting up a tough match with Sasuke, and Sasuke doing his best to save his and Naruto's lives. But when Haku attacks Naruto, Sasuke had to do something very risky to protect him. This may be Sasuke's last. And that really ticks Naruto. He starts to transform, a sign of his kyubi, the seal is broken...
  • Unleash your inner demon.

This is probably the best episode i've seen so far. While the battle Haku rages on, Sasuke saves Naruto's life. Haku just stood there taunting Naruto. Naruto then gets really mad. He has awakened the demon inside of him, the demon fox. I just wish they wouldn't have ended this episode without letting us see a little bit of the demon fox's power.
  • Finally! This episode marks the first time Naruto gets angry as hell, and turns into the Fox Demon!

This is exactly why I watch this series! Out of all the episodes of Naruto this is the best so far! We finally get to see what happens when you mess with Naruto, and I'm proud the little blonde guy finally shows his power!

This episode is really the best Naruto episode so far not only because of the action, but because I have been waiting to see Naruto finally release his anger and the demon inside him which is the 9 tail fox!

Oh boy I can't wait to see what happens next!
  • Unbelievable! After seeing Saske sacrifice himself for him, Naruto just breaks down and the seal breaks! Naruto brings out the demon, and I couldn't leave my TV! He transforms into such murderous bloodlust, so much power, I screamed when the show ended. T

The first half was so boring, but when Saske makes the sacrifice, I couldn't leave my TV! Saske is so open in this episode, we learn it is his brother he wants dead. You get the impression he likes Naruto! He then seems like he's dead, dramatic music and all. Naruto goes crazy! He has just seen his friend die. So Naruto unleashes the Demon. The Seal breaks! In a string of cataclysmic events, Naruto transforms into brutal demon rage and launches himself at Haku! Giant flames and transforming hands and you can actually see the Fox! When the episode stopped I screamed in frustration! I wanted so bad to watch Naruto just tear up! Kakashi also knows because of Naruto's immense power! You have to watch!!

Overal: 10