Naruto

The Mysterious Curse of the Haunted Castle

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Sep 06, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Do you believe in ghosts?

Naruto seems to. And this is why he is so hesitant to accept this mission. Some travelers have mysteriously vanished. And it is up to Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata to find out what's going on in the Land of Honey. They stumble across an old and abandoned castle. They think someone lives there, but truth be told, it has been abandoned for the past 50 years! But something seems very odd and off about this castle. It seems to be...WATCHING Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata!! It doesn't seem to want them to leave. It seems to be...BREATHING!? Well, let us hope they don't suffer the same fate as those who previously perished in this castle tomb!
  • Like a bad episode of Scooby Doo... :P

Wow, I was watching this with my mom and I said, "Wow, this is like a bad ep of Scooby Doo." And then Naruto tripped over a dead samurai and yelled, "ZOINKS!" I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants!!! Well, it's been a long time since I've seen this episode, so I don't really have much to say about it. I've just kinda put off writing the review because I've had so much homework lately... It was probably a good episode, I wish I remembered it. :( Well, I've got to go now. Just five more words... OK, BYE!
  • Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata investigate a mysterious castle.

A group from the Land of Honey is traveling along when they are ambushed by some unknown force. All that is left after the light dissappears is some pieces of the carriage. Tsunade tells Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata that they are to go and search for the missing party and find them. They get to the area where the party was last seen and find a mysterious castle. It starts to rain and they go inside to get out of the weather. Once they get inside the castle, things start to get weird. They find out that the castle is actually....
  • Nice episode.

Aw, you have to love the team Naruto, Hinata, and Kiba! This episode was kind of a scary episode, but still cool. I loved the Hinata and Naruto part where Hinata is like Naruto has a lot of good things about him but she's all like shy and blushing ha you have got to love Hinata and Naruto! Awesome ness! It was scary because the thing was actually a lizard, but Naruto is awesome for the throwing Rasengan thing. When they were getting eaten and stuff that was kinda scary I guess. So, well, it was a nice filler episode. End.
  • Spooky haunted house!

This was a cool episode. I can't believe that Naruto is afraid of ghosts. Everything else he is brave for, but he's afraid of ghosts. Actually if you watched the other ghost filler episode you would know that Naruto is scared of ghosts already. The part with Hinata saying she knows that Naruto has strong points was pretty funny. I've noticed that a lot of the filler epsiodes have Hinata, Kiba, and Naruto as a team. Probably because they're the only genin left in the village at the time. I like them as a team, they're not the most exciting team but the few moments between Hinata and Naruto are cute.
  • Scary filler

This wasnt a bad filler. It was the first time Naruto threw Rasegan, which was cool. I hope that move plays a part later in the series. This episode was a bit scary. That summon was a lizard. Which is way its inside's resembled a frogs. But they got there job done thanks to the soul of the feudal lord. Mission accomplished.
  • A great Halloween special.

Well. They could show this in America as an english filler episode in Halloween. The plot was clever. Though you'd want to expect more from going into a haunted house with a dog-lover, a shy gone tough but still shy girl, and a dropout. Further all it was pretty good.
  • Typical filler episode

They did the ghost thing again. I think they are just running out of ideas. Also, who picks the names of all these countries. The Land of Red Beans, come on. Well the episode starts with the feudal lord of the land and company being attacked by some strange light. They are reported missing and Naruto, Hinata, and Kiba are sent to find them. They find a castle, go inside, and split up. One by one they are eaten by the house, which is acuatlly a summoned creature. They spot the missing people and get attacked by the creature. They fight the creatures insides for a bit then a ghost leads them to the creatures contract. They tear it up and the creature disappears.

Nothing really happened. There weren't even good Naru/Hina moments and the same jutsus were used Rasengan, Byakugan, and Gatsuga.
  • Well this is just another one of those lame fillers. And te episode was "fast"...

I think this episode kind of sucked because it showed that Naruto is scared of ghost and that really annoyed me in many ways. And Hinata she can't think of anything but Naruto. Kiba well he was the best character in that episode. Goodness the fillers are starding to get kind of boring, especially without Sasuke. I really hope the fillers will end soon and start with the time-skip already! I've seen many people whining about it. But, I guess the fillers are'nt that bad sometimes. But there's just too many of them and it's really getting on my nerves little by little. And I feel even more anxious about the time-skip. Well this episode was ok I guess, it was funny in some way and "scary". Yep this episode was alright I gave it an 8.0.
  • Wasn't good wasn't bad...just...okay.

Okay. They need to stop with the different countries. They're so many of them. But anyway, Naruto Kiba and Hinata goes to find a princess that disappered. While traveling, the gang see a castle and decides to stop in casue of the rain. While in the castle, they find out that its not what it seems. It turns out that the lord of the castle place a summoning Jutsu and it was some kind of Lizard. Overall this episode IS kinda like Monster house.
  • Another filler that covers no new ground, this episode features yet another story with Naruto being scared of ghosts in a spooky place, which has been done before. Its redeeming characteristics are some small Hinata/Naruto situations, but it's not much.

While not as bad as the Ino Big Boned-Paradise premier two weeks ago (for which I\'m still having bad memories of), this episode isn\'t much to speak of. Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata always seem to get the worst missions when they are placed together.

This episode draws upon every bad \"hauntedf house\" movie ever made. The humor we\'ve seen before: Naruto is scared of ghosts, Hinata blushes around Naruto, and Naruto wines a lot. It\'s not that funny, not that thrilling and not that compelling. While I do like what the writers do with Naruto/Hinata, they need to come up with some new ideas for it.

The episode is middling at best. It\'s absolutely filler-ific and demands some serious plotlines. or new jokes. It is better than some of the more recent fillers the past few weeks like the Ino story or the last episode of the peddler saga in that it manages not to totally stink up your screen.