Naruto

The Mysterious Curse of the Haunted Castle

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Sep 06, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Another filler that covers no new ground, this episode features yet another story with Naruto being scared of ghosts in a spooky place, which has been done before. Its redeeming characteristics are some small Hinata/Naruto situations, but it's not much.

While not as bad as the Ino Big Boned-Paradise premier two weeks ago (for which I\'m still having bad memories of), this episode isn\'t much to speak of. Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata always seem to get the worst missions when they are placed together.

This episode draws upon every bad \"hauntedf house\" movie ever made. The humor we\'ve seen before: Naruto is scared of ghosts, Hinata blushes around Naruto, and Naruto wines a lot. It\'s not that funny, not that thrilling and not that compelling. While I do like what the writers do with Naruto/Hinata, they need to come up with some new ideas for it.

The episode is middling at best. It\'s absolutely filler-ific and demands some serious plotlines. or new jokes. It is better than some of the more recent fillers the past few weeks like the Ino story or the last episode of the peddler saga in that it manages not to totally stink up your screen.