Naruto

The Race Is On! Trouble on the High Seas!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Aug 17, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• meh

Truly uninspiring filled with too many holes and dull moments. One even though it was implied that Idate noticed that the weather was going to change only 5 seconds before the race started, he is able to get a boat as if he planned it 5 days ago. Okay? Two, that flashback between Idate and Jirochou was pretty bland, something about it just seemed so boring. Three, those ninjas that are trying to kill Idate, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke just need to die. We go from super badass enemies like Neji, Gaara, to these low level ninja that couldn't even make it to the preliminaries. So uninspiring.
  • Old rivals return

Idate takes a detour with Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura in pursuit. As they go along Idate explains why he did not get in the boat to cross, it seams there was a storm coming and he decided to go around to a northern port to avoid the storm. Unknown to them, they are being followed by three Hidden Rain shinobi. These shinobi are the same ones that Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kabuto fought in the Forest of Death. Naruto and Idate fall into a trap, but Sasuke and Sakura see it and warn Naruto who saves Idate in the nick of time. They make it to the sea shore where Idate gets a boat from an old man and they set off. Once out to sea, they are ambushed by the Hidden Rain Shinobi....
  • Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura and Idate try to sail to the island but the ninja from the mist that Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura fought in the Chunin exams are back. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Idate swim toward the island.

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Idate sail to the island when the ninja from the mist that Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura fought in the Chunin exams are back and try to destroy them along with Idate. It wasn't a surprise that the ninja from the mist were back because of the preview for this episode but if it hadn't been for the preview it would have been a surprise. Idate is finally learning to trust Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura in this episode which is really a good thing. So at the end Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura and Idate swim to the shore of the island when Idate is then confronted by Aoi and the ninja's are still swimming to shore. This was a good episode because of the surprise ninja and the fight that happened.
  • yay...go Idate....

Well now that Idate is running off in the wrong direction of the boat he's supposed to get on to get to the shrine, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura must chase after him. He reveals that he was planning to take a different boat on another shore because the wind was blowing in the opposite on the original. They decide to trust him after he reveals why he wants to win: If he loses the Wasabi family will be disbanded. After he reveals this, their ship is attacked by the same Rain-genin they stole the scroll from in the Chunin Exams. Will they be able to stop them?
  • great!!!i don't see y naruto aint number 1 anymore

that was so good ! naruto rocks ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 1 !! 1! 1 11 1 ! ! !!!!! ! !! !!!! ! ! t ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! e! ! ! ! ! !! !! !!! 1 ! ! 1! ! 11@ !gf~! ! ! ! ! ! !!! !gre re g rds j feo rgkokr p gkr kg g;k gkrmgklrg g klr glp; l;h g;h l;jm ;lkj, !!!!! ! ! ! !! ! ! !! !! ! ! ! !! ! !@ ! ! ! ! ! ! lol lol lol lol sefjknjg;remgikmsy;'imgk';mxdkim';gtsmh'so'[khotrk nkr5tm skm ' okm ', 'm, pm, op ,kop' 'po kl' l l ;kl ';pl kol' kop' kp' okp oko ko ko
  • Another Awesome Episode

Awesome is what I first should say about most of the episodes of Naruto. This one in particular is the second episode in the Land of Tea filler story arc. What happens is eam 7 follows Idate to another port which makes a better starting point of the boating part of the race, due to the winds and the current. En route, they are attacked by the Rain ninja from the Chunin exam, who have been hired by the other clan. Team 7 defends Idate and tell him to swim for the shore, while they follow later. He does so, but is confronted by Aoi, Jonin of the Rain ninja. Great episode, can't wait for the next one to premiere.
  • COOL

yeah i liked this episode and i liked the part when those rain ninjas came back (the ones from the chunin exam saga) and i think those ninjas were more powerful in this episode then the last time and we finnaly got to see the cousion of that guy from the chunin exams i forgot the name though lol this episode is exactly why i watch the series i loved it the reason y i gave this episode a 9.8/10 is cause it go alittle boring in the middle but then it was back to action witch was awosme so i give this episode a 9/10 cool episode !
  • YAY! I WAS RIGHT!

In one of my earlier reviews, I made a guess that Idate was Ibiki Morino's brother. Well guess what. I WAS RIGHT! Well, anyway, here's what happened. Idate ran off and Team 7 minus Kakashi who was on another mission ran after him. They catch up to him and ask him what the heck he thinks he's doing. He tells them that there's a faster way to Nagi Island over another piece of sea. They borrow some friend of Idate's boat. So here they arem sailing along, minding their own business, when those stupid Rain ninjas from the Chunin Exam up and attack them! The Rain guys set the ship on fire, and Naruto and Sasuke fend them off while Idate and Sakura are supposed to escape. Idate freezes and has flashbacks of his Ibiki telling him to get lost or something. Sakura can't get him to jump overboard with her. He says he doesn't trust ninjas and they'll just use him as a decoy. One of the Rain guys throws a kunai at Idate, and Sakura steps in the way and gets her arm slashed. Idate sees that Sakura is trying to protect him after all, and they escape from the burning ship, followed shortly afterwards by Sasuke and Naruto. In the end, Idate washes up on some shore where he's greeted by the rival clan's ninja.
  • Oh gosh. I hope the rest of this filler arc isn't like this episode.

Oh gosh. I hope the rest of this filler arc isn't like this episode. It was decent (in some parts), but I think I'd go crazy if the rest of the fillers were like one. I'm sooo glad Naruto has an amazing manga as its backbone. This episode was an example of what the Naruto series would be like without it. O_o Scary thought...

I knew I recognized Idate's surname, Morino. It's Ibiki's surname too, but I never would have guessed that they were related. O_o They look nothing alike! Nor do they act like each other. :P So besides finding out they're brothers, we find out why Idate ran away from the boat and sea at the start of the race, and that those 3 ninja from the Chunnin exam that Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kabuto fought in the forest of death are after Idate. This episode was pretty much a let down. I hope the other ones will be better.