Naruto

The Third Super-Beast!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Sep 06, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• A Gai/Lee episode is not new ground for the series at all, but this episode is better than most fillers. Finally a high-water mark for Tenten fans, I'm not sure if she's ever had this many lines. Good episode, but not enought to make one like fillers.

7.6
    This is another episode spent on Lee's injuries and his relationship with Gai. They've spent plenty of time on both of those topics already, particularly with a Gai/Lee episode not two fillers ago. Still, there are some pretty nice parts to this episode.

I was really glad to see Tenten actually get some serious dialogue. She still does not have a lot of action scenes or any background, but she is the dominent person who is setting the tone for Naruto here. She also apprently still has that small crush on Lee.

Neji was also interesting. He's apparently found some appreciation for Lee's hard work, even going so far to admit that someone with Lee's work ethic could beat someone with natural talent. Can anyone imagine the season 2 Neji saying that? Neji did not have much to say in this episode, but that was a key quotation.

Outside of that, there's not much to this episode. Lee is worried about his future again. Another ninja has sneaked into Konoha. There was a humorous scene with Gai fighting the kung fu posts.

It's a pretty good episode, but these themes have been covered before. It is better than most of the fillers.
  • Guy gets attacked by mannequins...

Hey, hold on a minute! How come Sakura is like, never in any of these fillers? She's one of the main characters after all! And Kakashi's in it even less! And Sasuke is mentioned every now and again, but frankly, I really don't expect them to show him. But seriously, what evr happened to Sakura? She was in this episode, and since it's a filler, they can't kill any of the main cast, so we know she didn't die. I've noticed most of the fillers lately have centered around Team Guy. Well anyway, Lee gets seriously injured or something, I really could care less, and then Guy gets attacked by a bunch of mannequins. Kapish?
  • Rock Lee is told he must get some rest and heal and a new trainee is showing amazing talent.

Naruto thinks he has something wrong with him and he sees Tsunade. She tells him he is fine but that Rock Lee is past due for his examination. Naruto meets Tenten and Neji outside the hospital and tells them that he is fine but they need to find Lee and tell him to see Tsunade for his examination. Naruto and Tenten find Lee training in his dojo. He pushes himself and collapses. Tenten tells him that he has to go and see Tsunade. He goes and Tsunade tells him that he must rest. He insists on training and she tells him that...
  • Lee getting hurt again, Gai getting attacked by training posts, Tenten showing affection for Lee and a glimpse of what Tenten and Neji would look like wearing Gai's famous green spandex jumpsuit. Basically awesomeness defined.

Some filler is actually good, and this episode is an example. It's both compelling and hilarious. The scenes with Gai Tenten Neji and Lee together listening to Gai's speeches was particularly funny. And Tenten and Neji wearing the green suit. "We're thankful...if Lee wasn't there..." Has anyone noticed Tenten's growing affection for Lee? She's blushing quite often when she looks at him, though I've always had the impression that Tenten liked Neji. Maybe she's changed? However I can't see anyone being romantically attracted to Lee. I mean his personality's kind of cool but his appearance...not really. On another note Sakura's getting quite advanced in her healing. She's not just healing small animals anymore.
  • Tsunade checks Naruto and tells him to get Rock Lee. Rock Lee meets the a new student and Guy spends more time with him than Lee.

Real good but too bad it was a filler episode. I liked how Naruto was stupid at the hospital. He was so dumb. Tsunade wasn\'t even paying attention. This was a Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really good episode.
  • Another Lee and Gai episode.

This was another great episode with Lee and Gai. Again, it was better than expected cuz Lee and Gai isn't really my style. I guess Tenten and Neji are glad that Lee is there poor them in the jump suits ha wow. It was cool when Gai was attacked by the posts nice fight scene. And it was a good part when Lee was talking to Sakura about how like if he needed anything then she was there to help them. So, this episode gave me inspiration to watch the next episode. (Sorry about the bad review lol headache). End of review.
  • Nice filler

Lee has strained himself to far this time. And a new pupil Yagura has been taken under by Guy. He seems like a very talented ninja. Even breaking Lee's leg. Lee is an amzing ninja only if he could do ninjutsu. The strange part is those robot things which have attack Guy. is this the plan of the fake Yagura?
  • May be a filler episode, but best one I've seen.

This episode was pretty good. I must say. The combat was awesome. Though..I feel pretty thankful Rock Lee wore his weights. Otherwise he'd have to go through surgery again. Mistakenly bring a bottle of sake as medicine on one of his mission. And end up fighting drunk again. Though Gai knew how to fight but watching how they trapped him, reminds me of them log toys.
  • Alright! Its still a filler episode

Lee goes for a check up from Tsunade and learns that he is forbidden to use the Reverse Lotus and also can't do any missons for a while. However, training wasn't a problem. Guy and Lee goes training and find a new student who is well trained in Taijutsu. Lee and the new student have a sparing match with Lee ending up with a broken ankle. Later, Gai gets a mission and decicdes to take the new student. It is later found out that the new student is a fake. Now Gai is fighting training dummies.