Naruto

To Each His Own Battle

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Dec 08, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Well fought Kiba!

Kiba is really showing why you don't need to be Shikamaru to come up with good plans. Making a trap in the form of Akamaru's body was pretty damn brilliant for the limited time he had to use to escape and having the balls to stab himself in order to get Ukon out of his body was also played well too. It ensued with a flashback though the flashback was original material instead of replayed scenes we've already seen. The episode also often switched to Naruto and Shikamaru's fights. Naruto looks like he is getting absolutely owned being paired against the strongest one while Shikamaru is having too much trouble against Tayuya. It makes the anticipation for the future episodes even greater.
  • And now...It's...Part V of my 5-Part Episode Review Special!

Announcer: Welcome back to the Naruto Top Five Countdown! I am your host...The fourth Raikage! So far, we have counted down four out of 5 episodes. Here's the recap! At number 5...The Number One Hyperactive Knucklehead Ninja Joins The Fight! At number 4...The Fifth Hokage! A Life on the Line! At number 3...Akamaru Trembles: Gaara's Cruel Strength! And, at number 2...Ultimate Defense: Zero Blind Spot! Now it is time for us to reveal our number 1 episode out of all five seasons. At number 1...It's...-drumroll-From Season 5...Episode 18...To Each His Own Battle! -singing- Rhapsody Rhapsody Rhapsody Rhapsody! Heh heh...Sorry...Anyway, in this episode, we find Naruto, Shikamaru, Akamaru, and Kiba battling against four tough Sound Shinobi...It goes like this: Kiba and Akamaru are up against Sakon and Ukon...Naruto is up against Kimimaro...And finally, Shikamaru is up against Tayuya, who seems to be one step ahead of the smart Shika due to her flute-playing abilities. Of course, things don't look good at all for Naruto, Kiba, and Akamaru either...How will they ever be able to defeat these super strong Sound Shinobi? Hmm...Well, that's all the time we have, folks! Join us again next time for the season 6 thru 10 countdown show.
  • Naruto, Shikamaru, and Kiba are having trouble in their battles.

Ukon has fused with Kiba's body, intent on killing Kiba from inside his body. Kiba uses a kunai and stabs himself since Ukon is a part of him, he feels the pain as well. Just as Kiba is about to deliver another blow, Ukon seperates himself from Kiba. Kiba throws a kunai at Ukon to divert his attention from the two smoke balls that he also throws that explode and cover his escape. After Ukon gets out of the smoke and finds Kiba gone he heads for Akamaru (Kiba's dog) but it is a fake Akamaru that explodes and throws out kunai at Ukon badly injuring him. Ukon finds Sakon and tells him he must sleep and recover and to find Kiba....
  • Awesome!

What goes on in this episode is Ukon separates from Kiba and rejoins with Sakon so that he can recover. Kiba finds Akamaru, and the two flee down river, hoping to escape the brothers. Naruto, meanwhile, is unable to make a dent in Kimimaro, and his shadow clones are still rapidly defeated before they can land a blow. Shikamaru, elsewhere, believes to have picked up on the movements of Tayuya's creatures, though she quickly has them switch actions before Shikamaru can act. It was another great episode of Naruto. Now each of them is fighting their own battle. Thunder was here!!!
  • The moment of truth!

Wow, it's taking everyone a lot longer to kill Sakon and Tayuya and Kimimaro than it did to take down Jirobo and Kidomaru. But that's expected. The first three, after all, are the strongest of the group. The only thing I don't understand is, if Tayuya's so strong, then why can't I beat a single match with her in Naruto Arena? It's a website where you can battle Naruto characters. It's www.naruto-arena.com . If you can explain this to me after you unlock her, thanks a ton. Anyway, Ukon has just invaded Kiba's body and to get him out, Kiba stabbed himself in the stomach. Ukon gets injured, and leaves Kiba to rejoin Sakon. Akamaru spat acid spit in Sakon's eyes, so he was down at the river washing them out. Meanwhile, Kiba and Akamaru escape down the river to get away from the demon twins. Kimimaro kills all of Naruto's clones, and Shikamaru is battling Tayuya and her weird looking monsters. He also seems to have noted that Gaara and his brother and sister are nearby.
  • The battle continues, Kiba and Akamaru against Sakon and Ukon.

This battle is probably not my favorite one, simply becuase it moves somewhat slowly but it still has it's moments. Not much really advances in terms of Shikamaru's battle and Naruto's battle, since this episode mainly deals with Kiba. Kiba stabs himself to get Ukon out of his body and Sakon continues washing his eyes to get the urine out. Kiba escapes using a techniqure which disgused many kunai knives as Akamaru. The real Akamaru and Kiba escape. The fight is not over but it does get better. As far as this battle goes, its decent but like a mentioned, somewhat slow.
  • The fight continues...

As Ukon merges with Kiba, Kiba realizes he only has 1 shot of living: Suicide. He stabs himself with his kunai and since Ukon is apart of Kiba, Ukon gets injured too. Kiba then goes to stab himself again, but Ukon gets out of his body before taking the impact, leaving Kiba seriously injured while Akamaru is still out cold. Kimimaro shows Naruto his kekkei genkai which allows him to use his own bones as weapons that are as hard as steel. Shikamaru has nothing to do against Tayuya, and Kiba is looking bad. Kiba then escapes into the river while injuring Ukon once more, forcing him to retreat back into Sakon to rest. Great episode! Kiba rocks!
  • Go Get Them Naruto!

They need to make them longer. It sucks waiting another week. But I'm ok with it. Can't wait to watch Naruto do his thing. No one can stop Naruto and his mission. I just love the drama of this show. its my all time favorite the will never cancel this show. Looks like Sasuke will be coming out soon. Looks like there still killing off people. Good luck to Naruto. That one guy Scares me with his bones, there really creepy. Just use the power of the all mighty nine tailed Fox in you Naruto ang go get them. FOR SASUKE.
  • Sakon and Ukon\\\'s end help from Kankarou.

I personally liked this one alot. But it was also sad. Four favorite characters two die. Kankarou and Kiba teamed up to destroy Sakon and Ukon of the Sound Five. I did enjoy the fight though. The Sound\\\'s fights are.. interesting persay.

Over all pretty good episode, and all together the Sound fights are a must see.