Naruto

Viva Dojo Challenge! Youth Is All About Passion!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Aug 30, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Meheh, Guy looks like a drunk hippie...

Wow, there have been a lot of stupid fillers, but this was takes the cake! XD OK, so apparently Lee opened up his own dojo or something and is waiting for someone to challenge him. Guy finds out about it, takes pity on Lee, and forms a disguise of an afro and mustache. What the hell? He's a ninja! Couldn't he have just made a transformation jutsu or something?!? Well anyway, before he can battle Lee, he has to go on another mission so a village outsider decides to masquerade as Guy. Lee finds him and beats the snot out of him and... Oh, I'm not very good at explaining things. Go watch it for yourself.
  • A funny comedy episode that has fun with the characters.

A very funny episode. It's great when it gets away from the storyline and all this serious ninja business for once, and just have some fun with the characters. It's funny to watch - especially some guy constantly running into more trouble and getting beaten up ^^. AAAAAAAANNNNND

some reason the fillers make the characters look weaker than they are, but this actually keeps the characters at their skill with Rock Lee and his amazing taijutsu and Naruto and his sneaky attacks with his shadow clones. All in all a funny and good filler. And really fun to watch as well.
  • Lee builds his own Dojo in order to challenge an opponent.

Naruto returns to the village after delivering a letter for Lady Tsunade. He sees some signs pointing somewhere and decides to follow them. They lead him to a building and when he goes inside Lee challenges him to a fight. Naruto tries to explain that he is not there to fight when Lee kicks him through the wall. Naruto tells Lee that he has to report to Tsunade before he gets into trouble with her. On the way he runs into Gai-sensei. Naruto tells Gai what Lee is doing and that no one has shown up yet. Gai comees up with a plan to...
  • i'm almost positive they have this storyline once before?...

Ya they did i think it was like episode 161 or something, well anyway in the other episode Gai and Lee go on a mission so 2 brothers dress up like them to get information from the village and naruto was stupid enough to believe the disguise (couldn't the guys have just used transformation like the guy in this episode did) but nobody else really saw the other Gai, and in both episodes the imposters get beaten up by Gai and Rock Lee. Exept in this episode everyone was transforming... Gai got a costume the imposter transformed into Gai Naruto transformed into Gai then into Sakura then the imposter transformed into Lee. Major transformation ^_^ !
  • Mix up episode.

Ah, an episode about Lee. Although, the first time the main character of a filler was Lee I was sure that I would give the episode like a 0 but still, this episode was very nice. Very, very nice, haha. The mix ups and turn arounds were amazing, and it was laced up with some humour. Lee doing a dojo, then another guy pretending to be Guy, mixing it with a clueless Naruto, him fighting Lee, Naruto fighting Lee as Guy, Guy fighting the clone as Lee, gah! So it was a nice episode, as I thought it would be pretty bad.
  • I'm pretty sure this concept was already covered in another episode.

Okay, is it just me or have we already seen the idea where there would be an person who tries to infiltrate the village by changing themselves into Gai? Yes we have. That episode where 2 people dress up as Gai and Lee in order to collect information on the Hokage. And Naruto doesn't realize it. And in this one, both Naruto and Lee don't realize it. So this episode really isn't anything special. I have to admit, seeing Gai in that horrible disguise was pretty funny. But Lee having a dojo? Eh. Another thing I like was another appearance of my 2 favorite random chunnin, Kotetsu and Izumo. I love those guys.
  • Mix up at the dojo

I wish these fillers would just end. Once again a shinobi has infiltrated Konoha and is mistakin as Guy. He gets beaten to a pulp by Lee and Guy. NOthin really happened in this episode. I was a bit surprised when Naruto fought lee he did pretty well. Even tiring the green beast
  • Rock Lee's dojo that was just recently built. Rock Lee is in a wreck because there are no ninjas to challenge him.

I Think That This Episode Is Funny.I Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Think That This Episode Is Funny And I tHINK tHAT Rock Lee Is Cool

It Is Funny When his plan fails when the imposter dresses up as Rock Lee and gets a beating by Guy.

This Is Episode 193 And I Think It Is Called Viva Dojo challenge! Youth is an explosion I Think That This Sounds Reallly Cool Ool Ol L Where Is Rock Lee When You Need Him Too Bad That The Person Dressed Up As Him So He Didnt Get To Battle
  • Lee and Gai silliness ensues

Lee has another great idea that will help him in his training. He opens up a dojo so that people come and challenge him for the banner, unfortunatelly no one comes around for a time, but when Gai hears of this, he puts on a disguise and comes to challenge Lee.

Unfortunatelly, Gai is send to a mission, and while he is gone, an imposter disguised as him enters the village and is mistaken for Gai by both Naruto and Lee. Once again we see why it is bad for your health if you try to infiltrate the village disguised by either Gai or Lee.

The episode is quite silly, but we can see quite a nice fight between Lee and Naruto. Their styles are quite different. Lee uses his speed and strength to win, while Naruto is all about trickery, which shows that he is capable of thinking, unlike most episodes try to depict him.
  • Wow. Though I've seen this in many anime shows they made Naruto very smart in this episode.

7.1
    He may not realize it..but that ninja was planning on destroying the village. But what was funny was that Naruto wouldn't let him stop fighting Lee. That's pretty funny. This may not be a high-scored episode but it's not average too. If you want to watch some random Naruto episode about Rock Lee/Gai then this one's strongly recommendened
  • Good for what it is..

Great filler episode, but filler episode in the end. Still waiting for that day when we say good bye to the never ending filler. Very funny parts in this episode and very watchable.

Lee opening a dojo makes me want this to be a continueing trend seeing as I love both Gai and Lee. The whole disguised Gai and 3 people challenging Lee as that person had me in stiches. I still want to see Naruto vs Lee, but I think this will be as close as it comes :(

So after everything it comes down to "good for what it is"
  • Lee opens a dojo, nothing important to the storyline.

The episode wasn\\\'t that bad itself. The only things that bothered me were that Lee seemed really serious about his dojo, but didn\\\'t even use his techniques(lotus of primary lotus). The other thing that bothers me is about the show in general. Its been about twenty or thirty episodes since Naruto(the show) even mentioned looking fo Saske, Orochimaru or anything about Itachi. These fillers, whether good or bad themselves, are just wearing away the main storyline. I think the only next REALLY GOOD episode will be involving the main plot. Otherwise people are going to get really annoyed with the show.
  • yeah....

I thought this episode is a waste I wish the fillers would stop coming and get to the real part like the time skip. I'm starting to get really bored at these fillers! I hope after the episode "Kakashi's Birthday" will finally show the time skip! The fillers are funny and all, but it's a complete waste of time!
  • Another instalment of the Naruto filler arc... not nearly as bad as last week's "Ino Screams! Big Boned Paradise". Hang on, it wasn't bad at all. Quite funny, actually.

This episode was quite good. I liked it because it was not too sappy. Also, to make up for the minimal action, there is tons of humour.

There isn't much more to this episode than quality humour- it's simple and requires minimal concentration. It's a good break from the super-drama and action this anime just explodes with.

Overall, it is not good as the Part One Episodes (the Chuunin Exam and Destroy Konoha arcs are incredibly hard to match with), but it is one of the best filler episodes yet.
  • At least this episode was better than last week.

7.8
    Well after considering last week episode the worst filler episode of Naruto, I was about to skip this episode when I saw the preview and heard \"Please be my first!\" This almost like the epiosde when those two guys dressed up like Lee and Gai. If they\'re going to make fillers like this, they need to have some with Tenten and Shino or possibly Gaara. I can understand that they\'re not trying to get ahead of the manga but some of these fillers are stupid.
  • Lee build a dojo of its own to fight against opponents and train there. He learned this in one of his mission. Naruto tell Gai sensei, but Gai is then sent on another mission. An impostor desguises as Gai and is mistakenly put to fight Lee and loses.

4.7
    This episode, even though it had its comic sad, it is sad to say that it lacked more action. But a lot was made up from the comic side of it, i think. I still have my doubts. i think this filler could have been a bit better by showing Lee acctually going 100% strong against Naruto andvice versa. I guess that we will have to wait for that awesome match sometime in the future, i hope. but for now we must settle for having minor action fillers with rare humor in them. Oh Well, live on my most awesome ninja friend!