Naruto

You Failed! Kakashi's Final Decision

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Oct 01, 2005 on TV Tokyo

• does kakashi pass or fail team 7?

after naruto tries to cheat by eating food which he shouldnt have. he ends up being tied up by rope on a log. kakashi decides to that team 7 shouldnt go back to the academy, they should have been expelled from the whole ninja program ( i forgot what he said ) . then he decides to give them another chance. sasuke and sakura could eat while naruto cannot. but sasuke and sakura give him food because thats what a team does. kakashi then passes the team and now they are full pledged genin and they can do ninja missions .
  • excellent

Kakashi has already caught Naruto who fell for the same trap twice and now Sasuke attacks him with some shurikens. The shurikens hit but it was revealed that Kakashi used a replacement jutsu. Sasuke rushed to get out of his position because apparently it was all a trap to see where Sasuke is. He then sets his sights on Sakura....He immediately uses a genjutsu (illusion) on her to make her believe that poor Sasuke is near death. She immediately screams in horror. She then passes out and there is Kakashi commenting that she should have known it was a trick. [While of course reading "come come paradise"].(make out paradise in the English dub) Sasuke hears Sakura's scream, he turns to find Kakashi in front of him still reading and telling him how he so easily defeated Sakura. "Sasuke: But....I'm different from them. Kakashi: Why don't you say that after you get one of the bells?" Kakashi walks towards him, stares down; Sasuke throws everything he has at him in his arsenal. It was a trap, a distraction, Sasuke shoots a kunai at a rope that Kakashi has slide under to only release more weapons. Kakashi dodges them easily but is still surprised that he even tricked him. Kakashi is not even on his feet yet when Sasuke appears behind him performing a mid air roundhouse kick. Kakashi grabs his right leg, Sasuke then throws a left punch but then Kakashi grabs his arm. Sasuke kicks with his left leg and Kakashi blocks it. Sasuke's head is now facing the ground (apparently as planned) and he can now use his left hand to grab at the bells, before it's too late (Sasuke had two fingers on the bell) Kakashi then pushes Sasuke away from him. Meanwhile Sakura awakens, still the young lady is a little embarrassed that her legs were apart while she was knocked out( she has on shorts under her outfit)She remembers what she had seen before she fainted. Sakura: Sasuke!!! Don't Die and Leave me behind!!!! Naruto, still hanging from the tree by one leg, he then lifts his head only to see the two lunches prepared for the people who pass the exam. Kakashi and Sasuke still facing each other stare down. Kakashi does admit that Sasuke is different from the other two. Sasuke is obviously tired of talking and prepares to do his blazing fireball technique. Kakashi stunned (because usually Genins [beginners] can't do that jutsu due to the amount of chakra that is needed) Sasuke fires...but Kakashi is nowhere to be seen. He looks around and ask where is he above behind. Kakashi: BENEATH YOU!!! Kakashi grabs one of Sasuke's' legs and then pulls him underground only leaving his head above the ground, this is called suicidal beheading. Kakashi: how is it? Can't move right? It's obvious that Sasuke is just a little more than perturbed. Elsewhere Naruto is about to dig into the bento boxes when Kakashi appears above him in disbelief and anger and is about to punish him while Naruto tries to explain that it is just a joke. Sasuke is still trapped underground when who should walk by...Sakura. Once again she screams and yells; now it's a severed head. By this time Sasuke has freed himself and is sitting over Sakura to make sure she is alright. She jumps straight up and begins to hug him since he is alright, Sasuke just keeps telling her not to get to close while she has her arms wrapped tightly around him and he is struggling to keep her at calm, even going as far as to grab her by the head. Sasuke then rises and tells Sakura he is going back to try again for the bell. They talk for awhile and the timer rings; it's noon and none of them have a bell. They must go back to the rock to meet with Kakashi. They get back to find Naruto now tied to a post with two bento boxes sitting in front of him, they sit on either side of them while Kakashi comes and gives them the news. Kakashi begins to tell them that none of them need to return to the academy, Sakura asks if it was okay since all she did was faint( inner Sakura...Love prevails over all, Damn IT!!!)Sakura is jumping with Joy, Naruto is squirming with joy, and Sasuke just grins. Kakashi: Yeah you three should quit being ninjas. Silence and frowns come over them. Iruka and Hokage have finished their tea and Iruka is amazed that Kakashi never passed a single student. He is worried about Naruto as well as his team. Hokage does not even know if they should be ninjas. He does agree with the decisions Kakashi made in the past with his previous students. Naruto is in a rage, as much as he can do even though he is still tied to a post. Sasuke charges at Kakashi after he tells them they have no reason and don't deserve to be ninjas; of course we know that Sasuke wants to become a ninja for revenge for the death of his clan. Kakashi grabs Sasuke and sits on him and pins him on the ground with one arm around his back and one foot on Sasuke's head. STUCK!!! Kakashi continues to make his point with Sasuke now as a prime example. Sakura goes on to threaten Kakashi if he hurts Sasuke. Kakashi is beyond being amused at this point. He is very angry. He goes on to explain that the whole point of the exercise was ....TEAMWORK!!! Sakura being the brains of the group wonders why then were there only two bells....Kakashi tells her that someone would need to betray their team or lose in order for two to pass. He then goes on to tell them that if they had even worked together, two of them might have had a chance to pass but now none do. While telling them how important teamwork is, he then pulls out a weapon and places it on Sasuke's throat, he then tells Sakura to kill Naruto or Sasuke will die. It was just an example of what can happen if each person on a team goes for the goal alone. He then walks to a stone carved with numerous names on it; I want my name to be on that stone, yells Naruto before Kakashi tells him that only heroes who died in battle along with some of his friends can be on this monument. The mood turns somber. He then walks away while telling them that only those who want a second chance at the bells should eat lunch and for everyone else to go home. He made a point to also tell them not to feed Naruto...because he tried to eat both lunches earlier. Mind you that Kakashi had told them not to eat breakfast in the previous episode and Sakura did not eat dinner either because of her ....DIET!!! So all are famished by their point. If anyone feeds Naruto they fail. Kakashi: My word is law, Got it? Hokage is telling Iruka not to hold any grudges against Kakashi no matter what he decides, Iruka then agrees. Sasuke and Sakura are now eating, poor Naruto is claiming to be fine, but once they here his stomach growl and see the pitiful face, Sasuke raises his box to Naruto, Sakura is furious, but he tells her that Naruto will be useless unless he eats something. Sakura then offers her food as well. Naruto is moved by the offering especially coming from his crush [Sakura] and then tells her that he can't eat it. She yells at him why and then she sees that he is still tied to the post. Angry, disgusted, embarrassed, and ready to go to war. Sakura tells Naruto that she will only do this once. Naruto smiling says he understands, Sasuke is telling them to hurry before Kakashi returns. Sakura gives him a nice big rice ball. Naruto contently eats it with a large smile on his face. A strong wind comes out of nowhere and the sky darkens. YOU THREE!!!! It's Kakashi who sees them, he performs symbols with his hands and the ground shakes!!!!!! Any Last words!!!! Naruto speaks up as well as Sasuke, Sakura: We three are one!!!Kakashi comes towards them and yells....YOU PASS!!!!!You three are the first, you did what was best for them team rather than listen to me. Kakashi: In the world of ninjas those who break the rules are scum, those who don't help their friends are even worse scum.
  • So-So

This episode kind of copied other series. They just pretend to fail the main characters and they actually pass, or something like that. I was pretty surprised when they actually passed, though. I would have given this episode a perfect score, but it didn't have as much fighting in it, and they weren't actually on a mission, so it wasn't as good as the way later episodes, and I'm making a really long run-on sentence, and I think I should end it, because I'm not really writing that much, and this is kind of annoying, isn't it? Well, I can't stop it, so I think I'm going to click submit. OK? OK.
  • They always do that!

7.7
    They always do that. They make it seem like a decision that is that important is definite but like many animes they give them an "opportunity" but if you pay attention you see that it's not really an opportunity but a definite decision that they will pass. Like most animes the main characters always succed at the very end well most of them do lol. So pretty much there was a loop-hole in the situation that by anime-law had to be there. Finnaly I liked the way they made an excuse for them to take the pitiful excuse for a test cause it wasn't so corny.
  • Team 7

Naruto, sakura, and sasuke have to pass this test to become official genin. They have to get the two bells, before noon, that are hanging off of Kakashi's pants to pass. It was cool to watch because we learn what team 7 is capable of. We also see what level Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto are on. Kakashi had a nice way of messing with them. Sakura proved useless, Naruto proved he is very stupid, and Sasuke proved that he's too full of himself. The lesson here kids, Team 7 has some majoir problems to work through. The real lesson is that teamwork is the best. I liked it, as we get to see what Kakashi's character was like.
  • Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura must pass Kakashi's test.

With Naruto already caught in a trap and Kakashi lecturing him, Sasuke sees his chance and attacks. He hits Kakashi only to find out it was a decoy. Now his position is given away. He and Sakura but have their run ins with Kakashi and both fail to get the bells. Meanwhile, Naruto has gotten out of his trap and found the lunches. Just as he is about to eat Kakashi shows up and lectures him again. With Naruto tied to a pole and Sasuke and Sakura sitting beside him, Kakashi tells them they have one more chance to pass. He gives them three hours to get the bells from him and tells them to eat lunch but not give any to Naruto. Sasuke and Sakura give him some anyway and Kakashi shows up mad........
  • Kakashi continues to own. Sakura should get her mind checked. Sasuke is pretty good. Naruto annyos me...

Well, to be honest, Naruto kinda annoys me. I don't really like him.
    Anyway, this episode was very predictable. Seriously, I could easily see what was going to happen. One, the illusion Kakashi used on Sakura. It was so obvious. I guess it's true that love blinds. A lot. Second, Sasuke getting owned by Kakashi, but only after surprising him – in this case almost getting the bells and using a technique that a Genin should not be able to use. Third, and most important, teamwork. It was so blatantly obvious I felt like screaming it out to them, but the fact that they're just characters in a show stopped me.
    Well, they did get accepted in the end, and I think it was a pretty neat episode anyway.
  • Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke are trying to get the bell from Kakashi lol....

In the challenge I though that because of Naruto's actions he wouldn't get a bell, because Sakura wanted to win Sasuke's affection, she would get distracted and not get a bell and Sasuke would get a bell because he was so determined and has so much powess. I was right except that Sasuke didn't get a bell because Kakashi is a Jonin and is much more skilled. At the end of this episode Kakashi explains the trick and allows another chance of getting the bell. Sasuke sees the trick in the rules of the next challenge, not much of a challenge but a rule and because Sasuke figured it out and told Sakura and Naruto, and they did as Sasuke said, they passed. This part of the episode I liked because it showed how intellectual Sasuke really is.
  • You failed.......you passed

Naruto being the idiot he is went straight for the obvious trap and is now hanging from a tree upside-down. sakura gets her share of kakashipwnage when he uses a genjutsu on her to create an illusion of sasuke on the verge of death. sasuke, unlike the other two, actually makes some progress and touches a bell. naruto notices boxed lunches and tries to eat behind kakashi's back. unfortuantly, kakashi was wathcing the whole time. the three of them are lectured and given one more chance after lunch. sasuke realizes that the only hope of getting a bell is to work as a team. he sand sakura feed naruto against kakashi's orders and is about to punish them when they all anounce that they are a team. kakashi passes them all for finding the point of the test, and naruto is again left behind on the stump.
  • You Failed! Kakashi's Final Decision (1-5)

This episode begins with the ending of the previous episode. Sasuke throws a bunch of kunai and shuriken at Kakashi, hitting him from the side. Kakashi turns into a log, and at once, Sasuke realizes his mistake. He knows that Kakashi will track him from the direction the weapons came from. He acted fast, and tried to change his position.

Meanwhile, Kakashi puts a genjutsu (illusionary jutsu) on Sakura. This makes her believe that Sasuke is dead. After seeing "Sasuke's" dead body, she faints, and the scene shifts.

You now see Kakashi and Sasuke fighting. Sasuke throws a barrage of kicks and punches at Kakashi, and causes him to loose balance. He touches one of the bells with two fingers, but is then pushed away. Kakashi realizes that Sasuke has skill, and goes a little harder. Just as Kakashi is about to preform a jutsu, Sasuke attempts one first. Kakashi reads the jutsu as Goukakyuu no Jutsu (Giant fireball). Kakashi is amazed, because he thought that no Gennin would have the ability to perform such a complicated jutsu that required so much chakra and chakra control. Sasuke finishes the jutsu, and unleashes a massive fireball at where Kakashi was standing a second ago. He looks around to see where Kakashi could have possibly gone, and hears a voice shout, BELOW YOU. He looks down, and sees Kakashi pulling him into the ground.

Meanwhile, while Kakashi and Sasuke are fighting, Naruto manages to escape the rope trap, and sees two bento boxes, filled with food. He sneaks there, and tries to eat some food, but is caught by Kakashi, and tied to a tree trunk.

Sakura then finds Sasuke, and pulls him out of the hole. After this, the bell rings, and you find the two of them next to Naruto, who is tied to the trunk.

Kakashi tells them that none of them are going back to the academy, and everyone is relived, until Kakashi told them that they should give up on being ninja. Kakashi then lectures them about teamwork, and the whole reason why they were put into 3 man teams. He gives Sasuke and Sakura permissions to eat from the bento boxes, and leaves the scene.

Sasuke waits a while, and then offers Naruto some food, telling him that they would need all their strength if they wanted to complete the next task. After a while, Sakura reluctantly gives some of her food.

Kakashi suddenly appears out of nowhere, and the skies are turning black. He makes a bunch of katas and asks the three if they had any last words. They respond by telling him that they are a team. Kakashi suddenly cheers up, and tells them that they passes. He tells them shinobi who disobey the rules, are worse than trash, but those that abandon their comrades, are even worse than that.

This episode was well written, well scripted, and well voiced. The conflict between Sasuke and Kakashi was riveting, and the philosophy that Kakashi gave was true and fair. The only reason that this did not deserve a full 10 out of 10 is because of the fact that it continued a previous episode. Although you can pick up what is going on, it is difficult if you haven't seen episode 1-4. Nonetheless, it still is a good episode, earning a score of 9.8 out of 10
  • Another Great Episode!

The title of this episode kind of worried me. I thought they can't fail. It is a show about Naruto right so he could not fail right. When Sauskae and Sakura got the bells and Naruto did not I was really starting to freak out thinking "oh no he did fail but he has to pass he's Naruto". I was more than surprised when Sauskae told Sakura to give Naruto some food. Up until this point I did not like Sauskae because I thought he was rude and uncaring. (Now I know its because of what Itachi did.) But I was very happy to see that he had made the right dicesion in feeding Naruto and that they all passed. (Of course we now know that all three of them had to pass because of th Chunin exams.)
  • This episode is about the final desicion of Kakashi, wether to pass or Fail Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke.

• you failed!......not really

naruto being the idiot he is went straight for the obvious trap and is now hanging from a tree upside-down. sakura gets her share of kakashipwnage when he uses a genjutsu on her to create an illusion of sasuke on the verge of death. sasuke, unlike the other two, actually makes some progress and touches a bell. naruto notices boxed lunches and tries to eat behind kakashi's back. unfortuantly, kakashi was wathcing the whole time. the three of them are lectured and given one more chance after lunch. sasuke realizes that the only hope of getting a bell is to work as a team. he sand sakura feed naruto against kakashi's orders and is about to punish them when they all anounce that they are a team. kakashi passes them all for finding the point of the test, and naruto is again left behind on the stump.
  • I Loved this episode.

This is one of my all time favorite episodes of Naruto, I like it, Because it has all of Team 7 in it. Ok now for what happens in this episode. In This episode, Kakashi Decides to give Naruto Team Another Chance After They Failed To show Team Work When trying to get the bells before. Kakashi tells them that they are not allowed to give Naruto any lunch, since he tried to take the lunch before, but they decide to give Naruto lunch, since he will be too weak if he doesnt have anything to eat. So Kakashi was whatching from behind the tree, and tells them that they are going to be punished, but they come up with a good reason that they are one. So Kakashi passes there squad, and that is how There squad passed to bacome true ninja. They where the first to pass Kakashis assinghment. So ya thats What happend, and I give this Great episode of Naruto A 8.5 out of 10. see ya! 8)
  • naruto

kakashi is a very strict johnin but he a great teacher i was real happy that team 7 (naruto, sasuke, and sakura)passed i realy thought that kakashi was going to fail them when sakura gave naruto food and then kakashi mad a angry face and then when they passed i was very confused i was like o.O but then i got it i couldent belive kakashi never passed no one before so squad 7 was very lucky and smart! i like this episode cause it gives lots of info of being a true ninja and stuff kakshi also says that when your a ninja you have to put your life on the line i think he says that alot in the series too but this is the first episode
  • The point of Survival Training.

This episode shows what it takes to be in a squad. The squad (Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto) are starting to get the idea of teamwork. It was pretty close when Sasuke was fighting Katashi for the bell, and actually touch one of them.

Sakura on the other hand was down right funny, because Katashi did a illusion spell on her and make her see Sasuke dying in front of her. It sure freaked her right out.

It finally cleared up as to why Katashi wanted to do this survival test before starting any mission. Katashi wanted the group to understand that teamwork is the most important thing in survival. So without proper teamwork, the team would fall apart and get killed in the process.
  • Naruto

In this episode we find Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura in the midst of Kakashi's survival training. At this point Naruto has been caught by Kakashi, lecturing him about his unnecessary movements. It is at this point that Sasuke, hiding in a nearby tree finds an opening and takes it, he launches a series of attacks and awaits the result. Upon impact Kakashi goes flying and everybody thinks he was caught off guard, but it turns out he used the replacement jutsu and is safe from harm. Knowing he was tricked, Sasuke runs away, knowing he has been found out. Sakura follows suit and retreats wondering about sasuke's safety. She finds Kakashi in a small clearing and thinks that she is safe, but Kakashi is right behind her. She screams and the scene changes to Naruto trying to cut the rope he it tethered too, he succeeds only to fall onto another trap. After a flurry of leaves, Sakura is seen with a blank look. When she comes too see looks around and hears Sasuke's voice. As she turns to see where Sasuke is, she looks horrified as Sasuke's body is bloody and impaled by kunai and shurikans. She screams, then faints. It was really a Genjitsu performed by Kakashi to make her think Sasuke was hurt. Having a short discussion and a stand off, Sasuke and Kakashi begin fighting and Sasuke succeeds in touching a bell but not in attaining one. Sakura is bewildered upon waking, and Naruto is still stuck in the tree. Naruto sees the lunches that Kakashi has left and has an idea. Kakashi acknowledges the fact that Sasuke is different from the other two. Sasuke performs the Katon Goukakyuu, Kakashi, bewildered by the sudden attack, performs Doton Shinjuuzanshu and pulls Sasuke below ground and insults his skills. As Naruto prepares to eat the lunches, Kakashi shows up and scares Naruto, who clams it was all a joke, but Kakashi doesn't believe him. Sakura comes upon Sasuke's head and faints once again. Sasuke revives Sakura, then they converse and he tells her of his goals. Having waisted too much time, the alarm sounds and the test is over. The students gather only to have Kakashi tell them that they should quit being ninjas. As Iruka and the Hokage continue their tea and chat. Iruka finds out that none of Kakashi's trainees have ever passed the test. Iruka, being upset by the hokage remarks of his confidence in kakashi's training, continues to complain. The three find out that the only reason they failed was there lack of team work. They learn that they will get one more chance to prove themselves after lunch, but they will have to let naruto starve as punishment for breaking the rules. In the next scene, the Hokage tells Iruka not to hate Kakashi no matter what the outcome is. Sasuke and Sakura are eating their lunches and they both decide to give Naruto food so that the team can be strong for the next test. But just as Naruto starts eating, there is a huge explosion and Kakashi appears. He tells them that they broke the rule and to prepare for punishment. They argue with him and tell him that the three of them are one, hearing this he tells them that they have passed the test. When they ask why, he tells them these words, “Ninjas need to think beyond the normal, in the world of ninjas, those who break the rules are called scum, but those who don't take care of their friends are even worse scum." Having said those words, Kakashi tells them that starting tomorrow they will begin missions and that it is time to go home. As they walk off, Naruto is left tied to the tree yelling for help
  • Yay for team seven!

This was a superb episode. Team seven battles it out against Kakashi for the bells to become genin. Thier teamwork really suffers. Naruto keeps falling for the same stuff over and over (notice it was funny). Sakura keeps falling for genjutsu involving Sasuke (haha it was so funny when she fainted when Sasuke was all like "Sakura... save me" and then when Sasuke's head was showing and the rest of his body was underground Sakura is so funny haha). And Sasuke is just doing stuff on his own but failing anyway. In the end thier little sharing food and teamwork stuff was really nice and they became genin. So superb episode.
  • Team 7 is still trying to get Kakashi's bells, but ends up with Naruto tied to a tree stump. But he is not out yet. Good episode.

This was a part two episode. The first one part one was the one before this one, duh! Well, in this one, Kakashi Hatake still make those crazy kids get his bells. In the sneak peek from the last episode, it shows Naruto tied to the tree stump and Kakashi did say whoever got tiec to that stump was failed. But (spoilers!) Kakashi doesn't fail Naruto and tells the kids about what to do in mission and how teamwork ties into that. I really liked this one, and I'm not sure if it was this one or the previous one but Naruto uses his Shadow Clones to try to get one of the bells, that was cool!
  • This is one of my favorite episode. Kakashi is a very strict Jonin. He's like the best genin teacher ever.

Good! This episode is very good. Like I said before he is a very strict Jonin. Remember the part when Sakura and Sasuke shared the food with Naruto? He summoned a thunderstorm. That was scary. He ask why they were sharing the food and they said that they were a team. They were the first team ever. I think the Naruto, Sakura, and Sakuke is the strong team.Then the pass. Sakura was like confused why they passed. The she said Love Wins Out! Cha Cha Cha. It was funny. After that, they leave but they forgot the untie Naruto so he remain stuck."I knew this would happen", said Naruto.
  • Really touching

In this fifth really exciting episode of Naruto we get to see the conclusion of the examination Kakashi thought of to judge if the three genin shinobi are trully worthy of becoming his apprentices. We also get to see how crazy Sakura trully is for Sasuke and how much of an idiot Naruto is since he falls for the same traps twice. The conclusion of this exam finds Naruto as the one who doesn't get to pass the exams even though neither of the other two managed to secure a bell. Fortunately for Naruto Sasuke breaks Kakashi's rules and helps Naruto out But Kakashi instead of becoming angry with them tells them that they have finally understood the importance of teamwork and allows them all to become his apprentices.
  • They passed!!!!!

Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto all pass Kakashi-sensei's exam. Kakashi was trying to make a point on how dangerous life as a shinobi was, so he grabbed Sasuke and pointed a kunai at his throat. Then he told Sakura to kill Naruto or Sasuke dies. Sakura and Naruto gasp and bugg out, then Kakashi lets Sasuke go and tells them it was just an example. Another part in the episode, Kakashi was standing on top of Sasuke, though I don't remember why, I think it was because Sasuke tried to attack Kakashi and failed, and Sakura got all made at Kakashi because he was hurting her "beloved" Sauske.
  • Naruto episode 5

When i watched this episode for the first time, i too thought, based on both the title and the events in the episode, that Team 7 was going to truely fail. Silly me.
    One thing that i loved about this episode, up until now, the viewers really didnt know just how big the difference between Genin - Chuunin - Jounin really was. But after watching just the first 10 minutes, i, myself, truely recognized just how amazing Kakashi was. And in later episodes, he seems like a god. 2 things that i really liked about this episode are getting to know Kakashi's real abilities and the fantastic plot twist.
    This was one of my favorite episodes.
  • Good

Kakashi has already caught Naruto who fell for the same trap twice and now Sasuke attacks him with some shurikens. The shurikens hit but it was revealed that Kakashi used a replacement jutsu. Sasuke rushed to get out of his position because apparently it was all a trap to see where Sasuke is. He then sets his sights on Sakura....He immediately uses a hallucination jutsu on her to make her believe that poor Sasuke is near death. She immediately screams in horror. She then passes out and there is Kakashi commenting that she should have known it was a trick. [While of course reading "come come paradise"]. Sasuke hears Sakura's scream, he turns to find Kakashi in front of him still reading and telling him how he so easily defeated Sakura. Sasuke: But....i'm different from them, Kakashi: Why don't you say that after you get the bells. Kakashi walks towards him, Stares down, Sasuke throws everything he has at him in his arsenal. It was a trap, a distraction, Sasuke shoots a kunai at a rope that Kakashi has slide under to only release more weapons. Kakashi dodges them easily but is still suprised that he even tricked him. Kakashi is not even on his feet yet when Sasuke appears behind him performing a mid air roundhouse kick. Kakashi grabs his left leg, Sasuke then throws a right punch but then Kakashi grabs his arm. Sasuke kicks with his right leg and Kakashi blocks it. Sasuke's head is now facing the ground (apparently as planned) and he can now use his right hand to grab at the bells, before it's too late (Sasuke had two fingers on the bell) Kakashi then pushes Sasuke away from him. Meanwhile Sakura awakens, still the young lady is a little embaressed that her legs were apart while she was knocked out( she has on shorts under her outfit)She remembers what she had seen before she fainted. Sakura: Sasuke!!! Don't Die and Leave me behind!!!! Naruto, still hanging from the tree by one leg, he then lifts his head only to see the two lunches prepared for the people who pass the exam. Kakashi and Sasuke still facing each other in another stare down. Kakashi does admit that Sasuke is different from the other two. Sasuke is obviously tired of talking and prepares to do his blazing fireball technique. Kakashi stunned( because usually Genins [beginers] can't do that jutsu due to the amount of chakra that is needed)Sasuke fires...but kakashi is nowhere to be seen. Kakashi: BENEATH YOU!!! Kakashi grabs one of Sasukes' legs and then pulls him underground only leaving his head above the ground, this is called suicidal beheading. Kakashi: how is it? Can't move right? It's obvious that Sasuke is just a little more than per-turbed. Else where Naruto is about to dig into the binto boxes when Kakashi appears above him in disbelief and anger and is about to punish him while Naruto tries to explain that it is just a joke. Sasuke is still trapped underground when who should walk by...Sakura. Once again she screams and yells, now it's a severed head. By this time Sasuke has freed himself and is sitting over Sakura to make sure she is alright. She jumps straight up and begins to hug him since he is alright, Sasuke just keeps telling her not to get to close while she has her arms wrapped tightly around him and he is struggling to keep her at calm, even going as far as to grab her by the head. Sasuke then rises and tells Sakura he is going back to try again for the bell. They talk for awhile and the timer rings, it's noon and none of them have a bell. They must go back to the rock to meet with Kakashi. They get back to find Naruto now tied to a post with two binto boxes sitting in front of him, they sit on either side of them while Kakashi comes and gives them the news. Kakashi begins to tell them that none of them need to return to the academy, Sakura asks if it was okay since all she did was faint( inner Sakura...Love prevails over all, Damn IT!!!)Sakura is jumping with Joy, Naruto is squirming with joy, and Sasuke just grins. Kakashi: Yeah you three, should quit being ninjas. Silence and frowns come over them. iruka and Hokage have finished their tea and Iruka is amazed that Kakashi never passed a single student. He is worried about Naruto as well as his team. Hokage does not even know if they should be ninjas. He does agree with the desicions Kakashi made in the past with his previous students. Naruto is in a rage, as much as he can do even though he is still tied to a post. Sasuke charges at Kakashi after he tells them they have no reason and don't deserve to be ninjas, of course we know that Sasuke wants to become a ninja for revenge for the death of his clan. Kakashi grabs Sasuke and sits on him and pins him on the ground with one arm around his back and one foot on Sasuke's head. STUCK!!! Kakashi continues to make his point with Sasuke now as a prime example. Sakura goes on to threaten Kakashi if he hurts Sasuke. Kakashi is beyond being amused at this point. He is very angry. he goes on to explain that the whole point of the exercise was ....TEAMWORK!!! Sakura being the brains of the group wonders why then were there only two bells....Kakashi tells her that someone would need to betray there team or loose in order for two to pass. He then goes on to tell them that if they had even worked together, two of them might have had a chance to pass but now none do. While telling them how important teamwork is, he then pulls out a weapon and places it on Sasuke's throat, he then tells Sakura to kill Naruto or Sasuke will die. It was just an example of what can happen if each person on a team goes for the goal alone. He then walks to a stone carved with numerous names on it, I want my name to be on that stone, yells naruto before Kakashi tells him that only heroes who died in battle along with some of his friends can be on this monument. The mood turns somber. He then walks away while telling them that only those who want a second chance at the bells should eat lunch and for everyone else to go home. He made a point to also tell them not to feed Naruto...because he tried to eat both lunches earlier. Mind you that Kakashi had told them not to eat breakfast in the previous episode and Sakura did not eat dinner either because of her ....DIET!!! So all are famished by their point. If anyone feeds Naruto they fail. Kakashi: My word is law, Got it? Hokage is telling Iruka not to hold any grudges against Kakashi no matter what he decides, Iruka then agrees. Sasuke and Sakura are now eating,
  • A cool episode!

It is revealed that Kakashi has used a "Substitution Jutsu" to evade Sasuke's volley of ninja projectiles. He has disappeared and in his place is a smoking log, which falls to the ground. He appears again and continues to fight with the students, paying more attention to Sasuke and Naruto than Sakura, who is in hiding in some bushes. As Sasuke and Kakashi fight out farther away, Naruto notices that one of the bells under a tree. Not wanting to miss his opportunity, he jumps under the tree, only to be caught in a rope by his leg, which turned out to be a trick planted by Kakashi. The fight continues and Kakashi exploits each of the member's weaknesses, which he will reveal to them later in the episode.
  • But those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.

Probrably the most memorable line throughout the whole series is said in this episode. So it is no surprise that this episode is probrably one of the most memorable episodes of all. As Team 7 tries to pass this arduous test, they fail to do as Kakashi told them to in the beginning. As they fail to get the bells, Kakashi gives them one last chance. In a one of the best scenes in the entire anime, Team 7 discovers what it truly means to be a ninja. And so does the audience. This episode really hits hard and fast with anyone who even remotely likes the series, as being a ninja calls for so much. One of my personal favorites, this episode is definitely one you will remember and love.
  • Kakashi-sensei tells team 7 that the failed because they weren't working together.

This episode had to be one of my favourite. I kept watching it over and over again when I could. It was one of the silliest episode especially on the mind trick kakashi used on Sakura. And when Sakura saw Sasukes head popping out from the ground when she passed him. She thought she was dreaming and fainted. She actualy fainted most of the time in the episode. It was really interesting, funny and entertaining at the same time. Naruto was also really funny when he wanted to eat the lunch when he thought no one was looking but got cought. This had to be one of my favourite episodes!
  • Is Kakashi going to pass the team??

The next day, Kakashi tells the team that they must pass a survival training. This is the method by which the Jōnin decides if the team passes or fails. Pass means they become Genin, fail means they go back to the Academy.

Kakashi's method is simple: take two bells from him, and they pass, however, to do so is extremely hard. Comparing the sensei to his students, Kakashi is a Jōnin while Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke are merely Academy graduates. By noon, no bells have been acquired, and Kakashi reveals that the underlying problem is the team's lack of teamwork. Naruto's stupidity, Sakura's obsession with Sasuke, and Sasuke's arrogance prevent the team from working well together.
  • I will they do it...A review from an Artist.

Naruto is dangling in a tree because he sort of fell into a well hidden trap. *cough* obvious *cough* *cough* trap *cough*. Sauske sort of has his head in the ground (literlaly) while Sakura sort of has her head in the clouds. Kakashi-Sensi easily minipulates everyone because they don't use teamwork. The bells remain in his possesion. But they end up showing teamwork. Enough to allow them to officialy become Genin and start their ninja journey. Yeah!!!! Woot Woot!!! We are the champions my friend... Actually it's Naruto, Sauske, and Sakura. This is a great episode. This is my masterpeice.
  • The final part Naruto,Sakura and Sasuke had their fail or passed?

Now the final part of You Fail Kakashi decusion.While being tied up.Kakashi begin to make some few points toward them of their actions even how they were not working as team.When they thought of each other differently.Doing their own action.Than Kakashi begins to explained about other students that had failed and never make it through their years of being ninga.When they just started.I think he was refering to his former teammate that he has been with as an student.Since to him it was considered to be an memorial.But it was funny how they were going to go for lunch and Naruto was left tied in the rope.
< 1 2