Naruto

Zero Hour! The Destruction of the Hidden Leaf Village Begins!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Jan 06, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Out comes one drawn out battle, in comes another drawn out battle.

The sand and sound ninja finally take their initiative...in the dragged out manner that Naruto has adopted the past couple episodes. The good part is that the plot is finally moving; Orochimaru finally reveals himself, I don't have to hear those sand siblings whine about the plan being ruined anymore, and Shino remains his mysterious badass self. Kay, that last point was a bit irrelevant. It is good and all that the story is finally making progress, but like said before it is drawn out in the worst way possible. There are just a myriad of these unnecessary movements and dialogue within some of the conversations. If all the filler were cut down this episode would have only been ten minutes and a lot more bearable too. And I'm aware of the whole anime catching up to manga phase, knowing that fact doesn't suddenly compensate for drawn out episodes though.
  • The sound invades Konoha.

Orochimaru attacks the village and is planning on destroying Konoha in the process. I did not have a clue that the 4th kazakage was Orochimaru in diguise. It surprised me alot when they told us it was. Kankuro and Temari had to take Gaara away from the situation. Sasuke needs to chase after him. I think that was a little stupid on his behalf. The sound must have prepared very well for the invasion. Orochimaru is creepy with his tounge (in my opinion), so I kinda got freaked out when he had the kunai on his tounge. This epiosde was alright. It wasn't my favorite though.
  • The battle for the Leaf Village begins.

Sasuke and Gaara's match is interrupted by a surprise attack by the Sand and Sound Villages. The Sand Village ninjas summon a giant three headed snake that crashes through the outer defenses of the Leaf Village. The Leaf and Sand shinobi battle with each side taking losses. Iruka is daydreaming when Konohamaru wakes him out of it. After a short and funny conversation, the kids notice strange smoke coming from the arena and outer wall. Iruka has a bad feeling. Meanwhile, Orochimaru has sprung his trap. His four Soun Village jounin have formed an impenetrable barrier around Orochimaru and the Hokage.....
  • hivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi vsgh dch d sh fh hs h fh h sh dh sh d h sh dh ash hd ggb j
  • Orochimaru is the Thrid Kazekage? I think not.

This is a very interesting episode because Sasuke's and Garra's battle was interrupted and now the invasion of Konoha had begun. I enjoyed the fights going on the arena and in the audience. Kankuro and Temari took Garra because he had been injured by Sasuke and they then were heading to where Garra will take a big part in the destruction of Konoha. Then it was Sasuke's job to catch up to Garra. Sasuke is very skilled and I know that he will catch up to Garra. Orochimaru revealed himself to the Hokage and now is about to battle him. Overall, this episode went very well and the battles were good.
  • one of the best episode yet like my 3rd favirte episode it has action and i love action and i also like this episode not that much talking i hate talking so much i can't stand it this episode is good because a war begain leaf vs sand good episode

finnly the action begains!! and finnily a war begains i been waitin for this until the beging the show began!! and also orochimaru returns!!!he was dreesed up as kazakage awant\'s to kill the third hokage. i wonder if orochimaru going to kill the third sorry to dissapoint you aruto fans but he is going to kill the third hokage orochimaru is my favirte charcter in the whole seris at first sasuke was but now orohimaru is i wish garra would fight sasuke in this episode in his monster form. see this is why i like the show naruto it has alot of action. but anyway if you ae a naruto fan you should watch this episode!
  • Sasuke's battle with Garra is interrupted, the plan of Orochimaru begins.

• As the signal is given, the war begins! The Third vs. Orochimaru, Sasuke chases the Sand Genin, even Guy and Kakashi against a bunch of Sound Ninja. This is where the series starts.

If you're reading this, that probably means that you're into Naruto. Well if this is the first episode you've ever seen, you're not missing much. This episode is where the story really begins. Sure the Land of Waves Arc allowed Naruto to show what the Nine Tailed Fox has got and the Chunnin Exams allowed a lot of important new characters to join, but this episode and every episode thereon is the good part (well, up until the filler arcs). Anyway this episode really got a lot of people into it and reminded us longtime fans why we loved it in the first place. I give it two thumbs up!
  • the war starts!

finnaly ive been waiting A LONG time for this episode to finnaly come. leaf village vs sand village vs sound village! see now thats a awsome battle! and i finnaly relized that the kazakage is realy orochimaru in this episode! i was like wow cool. after i saw this episode i couldent wait for the next one to air this episode was very cool, awsome, and exciting i couldent wait for the next episode cause i knew after watching this episode the 3rd hokage was going to fight orochimaru and that there was going to be alot of battles after this episode i rate this episode a 10/10
  • Konoha vs. Suna and Oto!!!!!

The invasion of Konoha has begun!!!!! Orochimaru, disguised as Lord Kazekage who he had earlier murdered and taken his form, kidnappes Lord Hokage. The Sound 4 create a barrier around them so they can fight. Meanwhile, ninjas from Suna and Oto wreak havoc on once peaceful Konoha. Temari and Kankuro grab Gaara and carry their little brother away to recover. Sasuke follows them, eager to kill Gaara. In the stands surrounding the arena, Kakashi fights off rival ninjas. Sakura was able to release the jutsu placed on her and the other Chunin Exam viewers. Kakashi instructs her to wake Shikamaru and Naruto and to catch Sasuke.
  • oh yaaaa its about time!

The invasion is well under way now......The genjutsu has worked its magic on the spectators and allowed the sand/sound ninjas the time they needed to fully invade Konohagakure. They finish the summoning jutsu for 3 giant snakes which all head to the arena and crashes through its walls. Anbu Black Ops and other Leaf ninjas have been scattered throughout the Leaf Village to combat the sand/sound ninjas and these giant snakes. Meanwhile, the kazekage springs into action and grabs the 3rd Hokage. While Kakashi and Gai look on, the kazekage has the Sound 5 (although only 4 are here) create a box around them so that he can have some alone time w/his former teacher…..yes, the kazekage is really Orochimaru. So, while the 3rd Hokage is left to deal with Orochimaru, Kakashi and Gai work together to fend off the enemy ninjas in the stands. Down in the field, Gaara still wants a piece of Sasuke but is interrupted by Temari and Kankuro who tell him the plan is ruined thanks to his recklessness. Baki, their team leader, appears infront of them and tells Temari and Kankuro to get Gaara to a safe place in order for him to heal and regain chakra so that he can help them in their invasion (it would appear that they were relying on his demonic transformation to greatly aid their conquest). As soon as they leave, Genma appears next to Sasuke and tells him to go after them. While Sasuke begins the chase, Baki tries to stop him but is stopped by Genma who is ready to fight him. Back up in the stands, Kakashi tells Sakura (who was able to protect herself from the genjutsu attack thanks to Kakashi’s lesson on genjutsu prior to the finals) to wake Naruto and Shika and then follow Sasuke….for this will be an A ranked mission!

Next episode and ones following are sure to be as exciting for they’ll have some exciting fights in them and an A ranked misson….its 3rd Hokage vs. Orochimaru…...and more!
  • The Show starts NOW!

Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow. This episode is just amazing. I'v seen every single English Naruto Episdoe and I think this is the true start of the series. From the beggining I always felt that we were just being teased and giving some build-up, but now I feel the series has been jumpstarted in to the actual plot. I've been dabbling in a little bit of spoilers so I can tell this is the true sart to the series. The action is intense, the atmosphere is electrifing, and It just feels so go to have watched this series from the beggining.
  • I was on the edge of my seat for the whole episode....there appeared to be no end to the excitement. Don’t get me wrong, the series up to now has been terrific but the Destruction of Konoha Arc looks to be truly riveting.

• this is why i watch this show because it is a all outwar battle between the villages. this is a good ep between the leaders and the students. it what this mission does for every "bring to ruin" thing to kill the members of the ninja hidden leaf.

they are great ninjas to be the fighters. i give it a 9.7 because it is a good show. i hope they keep this up with the eps being great. naruto still sleeping is really funny, after that he wont know what is going on. i wish i would be part of that show to help the heroes fight the villains. this is the great ep of my life. i hope they make the next ep more cool and very watchable.
  • well the sand village finaly attck......

wow it was good this episode was about the sand village attcking the leaf village and next episode naruto goes on a a rank mission i cant wait to see it this is the only part of the show i missed hmmmmm i wonder who going to be the next hokage well thats next season i already know but thats something to think about its someone you never guessed oh well i hate short reviews but there really not that much it say besides wow oh well over all thank you for reading my reviews and naruto rocks
  • In the middle of Sasuke ang Gaara's clash, Kabuto finally makes his move. While Kakashi and Might Guy are battling off fake Abnu Black Ops and sound Ninja, the Kazekage captures the Hokage! Or is it the Kazekage? No, is Orochimaru, and he wants payback!!

A brilliant, well-written, and jaw-dropping episode.
    You see part of Gaara's true form, he actually is wounded, We learn Kakashi can use the Summoning Jutsu, the Sound Five make their 1st appearance, and we learn that the 3rd Hokage used to be the Sensei to Orochimaru.
    One of the most memorable moments, in the show, is when Orochimaru rips the kazekage's face off of his own, and reveals who he really is.
    Definately on the top 3 for Best Dubbed Episode to come out, so far. (The other two, being Nine-Tailed Naruto VS. Haku, and Gaara VS. Lee in the Chunin Exams) In short, Naruto-at it's absolute best.
  • I love Naruto & this episode was one of the best. I can\'t wait until next week to find out what happens.

This episode you get to see the sakura has been practicing her ninja skills . She was praised by Kakashi which he has never done to Naruto . Even though Naruto is the one student who has come the farthest . Gai sounded like a Bruce Lee wanna be . After Sasuke left to go after Gaara. Was that Shino at the doorway to the field ? I was on the edge of my seat . I was mean I never would have thought that Orochimaru was playing the part of the Kaze Kage . Plus I never would have thought that Orochimaru could cry.
  • man i cant believe it

that episode had me at the edge of my seat practicly the whole time . Gara look like he was about to have a mental breake down or something, i was like sasuke, what in the world is happening , what is going on i was really surprised. Then his brother and sisters were acting like he was going to die or somthing with the way they were looking. Also did you figure that sasuke would end up going to a higher rank i was really surprised. You would think the most shocking thing to me is that orochimaru was the hokage of the sand village , no actualy it was that we got to see a little of Gai moves. He actually did a little fight which i always wanted to see what type of move Gai can do him self besides the stuff that he taught Lee. His moves as every one could see ( and hear ) were like Bruice Lees . That was funny . Then sakura gets the news of another A ranked mission and to wake naruto and shikamaru up i was like yeah a mission finally.
  • I Love naruto the show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally love the show NARUTO !!!!!!!!!It\'s amazing....
    I\'m sure that i\'m not the only one who think\'s that...
    I love Sakura Hurano....I don\'t know why...I just like her!I can\'t wait for Sasuke to say that he has felling\'s for...i\'t totally obvious,that he like\'s her....but he\'s just to ...well,hard headed !!!What do I think of Naruto...well, he\'s annoying...but he\'s sweet....hee hee
    It\'s obvious that he WILL become Hockage (I don\'t know how to write it) when he grows up!!!Hummm...Rock Lee...he\'s a weirdo...I don\'t ,well his eyes are weird....what ever I don\'t really like him,but he\'s sweet...Hummm....Neiji...well Neiji he\'s going to become the boyfriend of Ten Ten ....hee hee
    I like Ten Ten she\'s cool...but Neiji he think\'s that he can\'t change his destiny...what\'s that...every body can change there destiny,well look\'s like he doesn\'t know that...But that will change because of Naruto!hee hee
    Well that\'s all for now...see you later !!!
  • The Invasion begins!!!!!

As the sound ninga and the sand ningas begin their attacked the viliage.Which interupt Sasuke battle aganist Gaara.As the Anubi atempts to ruescue Hokage the sound ninga 5 makes their appearance.Also the sand ninga creates the snake monster to invade the vilage.Also it seemed that Gaara may be the key part of the help invading the konaha viliage.Sasuke plan is to go after Gaara.Apparently the Kazehokage was really Orchimaru.Who wants to get rid of the hokage.Kakashi and Gai are left to battle aganist Kabuto and the other sound ninga.Hokage remain capture and Orichimaru has plans and an goal.Kakashi tells Sakura things and also an new mission for the two.

Man! This is getting tense! I can't wait for next week episode.
  • Konoha is invaded

So like I said above, Konoha gets invaded by the Sand Village. With the Chunnin Exam officially ended, Sasuke goes after Gaara and his teammates. Then some of the Sand Village's Jounin(I think) summon this 3- Headed Snake that begins tearing through Konoha, included the wall around the city! Sand Village ninja start invading into the city. In the meantime at the stadium, a ANBU member(who isn't really a ANBU member) puts everyone in the crowd to sleep except Kakashi, Guy, Sakura and a couple of other Jounin. Next Sand Village spies jump out of the crowd and attack the ones who are awake. While all of this is happening Kazekage kidnapps Hokage. The episode ends with Kakashi telling Sakura to wake up Shikamaru and Naruto and that they have a mission...
  • Oh my God were being ambushed!!!...An Anime King review!

I can't believe we didn't notice that hundreds of ninja (ninja that are going to kill us)were right under our noses just outside the Chunnin Exam stadium preparing to destroy us! But Gaara is lucky that happened because he was about to get murdered by Sasuke. Oh yeah, turns out the Sand Kage AKA Kazekage was Orochimaru and he was trying to assasinate the Hokage!! I hope the Leaf village will be okay. This has been an sad Anime King review