Nash Bridges Forums

CBS (ended 2001)

100th episode = 2 thumbs down!!!

ireeagle

[1]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 9
    Killing Evan was a stupid idea and forcing him to die by cutting it too quick was the worst.  I don't understand why the producers would do that for no reason!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Xenos1981

[2]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 1

I agree. While I LOVE this series, I absolutely hated it when Evan died.  I almost stopped watching...but I needed my Nash fix, so I broke down and continued watching.  It wasn't as good after he died even though I liked Rachel and Twon. 

To answer your question, though...I believe it was Jaime P. Gomez who wanted out.  I could be wrong, but I thought it was his decision, not the producers.

robinh4

[3]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 29
    I agree with you guys too. I hate that they killed Evan off the show. He was one of my favourite's.

ScreechMonkey

[4]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 2

Ditto, everyone.  Evan gone, very sad.

Does anybody know what Jaime P. Gomez is up to now?  The last I saw of him, he was doing a guest staring role on "The District".  (How long ago was that?!?!)

ireeagle

[5]Jul 10, 2006
    Xenos1981 wrote:

I agree. While I LOVE this series, I absolutely hated it when Evan died.  I almost stopped watching...but I needed my Nash fix, so I broke down and continued watching.  It wasn't as good after he died even though I liked Rachel and Twon. 

To answer your question, though...I believe it was Jaime P. Gomez who wanted out.  I could be wrong, but I thought it was his decision, not the producers.

Xenos:

Why does Jaime wanted to quit the show?

Xenos1981

[6]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    I heard he wanted to pursue a film career...But that's a pretty standard statement for Hollywood.  Maybe he was fired for some reason, I don't know for sure.  Just tellin' you what I heard.  (Plus, I heard Don Johnson threw Jaime a big bash when he left, so I guess the parting was amicable.)  Still, NB wasn't the same without Evan. 

ireeagle

[7]Jul 29, 2006

Xenos1981 wrote:
    I heard he wanted to pursue a film career...But that's a pretty standard statement for Hollywood.  Maybe he was fired for some reason, I don't know for sure.  Just tellin' you what I heard.  (Plus, I heard Don Johnson threw Jaime a big bash when he left, so I guess the parting was amicable.)  Still, NB wasn't the same without Evan. 

That's stupid of the writers!!!

CobraSVT32

[8]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 10
    Evan was a big part of the show and I liked him a lot more than the 2 actors that replaced him.

MarkKellerman

[9]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    They should have killed off Cassidy instead. I know that may sound harsh, but I liked Evan's character way more than hers. His seeking redemption and then eventually defeating his deamons were for a good story, and while the ironic twist of him dying right after he tells Harvey how, for the 1st time in his life, he was happy (ALWAYS the kiss of death)may have made for what some folks refer to as 'smart, intellectual television', all thimgs being equal, at the end of the day, I wish they would have kept Evan on and written Cassidy out.

alsaker85

[10]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    I definately hated that development. His character arc became my favorite part of the show. And as soon as he became happy again, they killed him.