A Nashville Community
CMT - Country Music Television

Is Juliette Barnes ready to be a mom?

That's a question ABC's Nashville may pose when it returns for its third season this fall, the show's producers have confirmed to TV.com.

Though they're keeping Season 3 specifics under wraps for now, executive producer Dee Johnson says that the show will find a way to incorporate actress Hayden Panettiere's real-life baby bump.

"We are going to address the idea of pregnancy," Johnson teases. "That's as much as I'll say about that. ... She's faced with new obstacles, let's put it that way."

But if Juliette does turn out to be pregnant, who's the daddy? The possibilities: Avery (Jonathan Jackson), who walked out on Juliette after learning of her ill-advised hook-up with smarmy Jeff Fordham (Oliver Hudson, who's been upped to a series regular this season)... or the smarmy Fordham himself. Let's hope it's the former!

At the end of Season 2, it was clear that Juliette was willing to do whatever it might take to win Avery back—and we're guessing that a baby of ambiguous paternal origin could throw a bit of a wrench into that plan.

"I don't think anything is simple in the world of Juliette," Johnson teased.

That's certainly an understatement!

Where do you think Juliette's storyline is headed in Season 3? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 21

19 Comments
Comments (20)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
My guess, they're going to pull a Scandal and pretend she's not pregnant.
Flag
Wherever it's headed I really don't care. I've trusted these folks to entertain me, and so far they rock at it. Juliette is a great character, well-played by Hayden. Let's go season 3! I want more than just season 3!
Flag
Hope it's with Fordham....that would be hilarious and have all kinds of implications, what with contract disputes and everything. Looks like Edge Hill will have a new signing after all!
Flag
Funny for Deacon to be the father. The Ox of the series! :)
Flag
Oh, god. Not Jeff's! Let her carry a giant handbag for the whole season, hide her behind potted plants, but do not let that slime bag procreate.
Oh, just came up with an idea of possible baby daddy no. 3: What about that Wentworth guy? He could fit in the timeline, I think. Even a cockroach would be a better possibility than Fordham.
Flag
I think Deacon should turn out to be the father. That would create some friction between him and Rayna.

The second option would be a surprise father. It would be revealed that Juliette went on one of her (in)famous benders, stumbled upon a random penis and forgot about it, only to realize at some point that she is pregnant. Then the father would appear as a new character on the show, either as a good or a bad guy.
Flag
You realize she hasn't slept with Deacon in quite a while right?It can't be his.Its either Avery or Jeff.Plus, the sl of Deacon finding out he's a dad has already been done.
Flag
Sure, she hasn't slept with him in a while, but we don't know when the pregnancy is revealed and what the time-line for it is. And who says Juliette couldn't sleep with Deacon again?
Flag
Never cared about Juliette-Avery. I don't want to see them back together.
Flag
real life pregnancies in tv shows... always a let down for story telling...
Flag
Juliette will go on a solo mission to outer space for 13 months, and come back pregnant. Oh, wait...
Flag
OMG NO!.. if that happen.. it have to be Avery's baby!... why Juliette!.. WHYY!.

What a shocking news... How dare you!.. Clare Bowen is the only one allowed to bring us black roses!.
Flag
Ha ha...nice one.And what a great song from Clare Bowen...way to make your momma cry!
Flag
Of course I want Juliette and Avery together but imagine if the baby is Jeff's?! There's a few ways they could go and I'd like them to go with the most dramatic one.
Flag
No, no no nononononono!!! It cannot be an evil, icky Fordham baby. Avery all the way!
Flag
I'd love it if the baby was Jeff's. Now that would be some good drama watching!
Flag
Only if she has an abortion. But that would of course be inconsistent with a growing baby bump.
Flag
Well, there's always the old late miscarrrage trick.
Flag
And yeah, I put in three r's--get over it.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members