A Nashville Community
CMT - Country Music Television
I don't see anyone talking about Nashville's concert episode which was a big deal in television in my opinion. It was great to hear the stories behind the songs and see the acts perform on stage (especially Hayden).

I think this concert has established Nashville as one of the best shows on television. Great actors, awesome music.... what else can we ask for?

What do people think about Nashville: On the Record?
Comments (31)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I love this show. The actors are great, and the music is wonderful. As for "Nashville on the record" it was awesome, they are all so talented.
Flag
Where was Connie Britton?
Flag
Not just people in Tennessee. We are in Canada. My family and friends think it is the best show on TV. And after seeing all of the songwriters and performers collaborating like that....... Now we are convinced you don't see real talent like that anywhere else on TV.
anyone know if there is a concert in 2015? We would love to make the trip for the live show!
Flag
I am from Canada as well.... We have good taste
Flag
I like Nashville, but one of the best shows on television...? That's a huge stretch by any measure. Perhaps if you only polled people living in and around Tennessee.

A couple of things aside from some solid performances and stories stood out to me.

1. Where the hell was Connie Britton? Does she not do her own vocals?
2. I had completely forgotten that Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio were English. Perhaps that explains their over the top southern accents.

As much as I liked the idea of a concernt episode, this struck me as an idea the producers fell in love with and were going to do one day come hell or high water. But to burn an episode this late into the season but this early into the series? That wreaks of a show that doesn't think it's going to get renewed and wanted to put this concert out while it still had the chance.
Flag
Claire and Sam are Australian, not British...Big difference :)
Flag
Sam is English, Clare is Australian. If you correct someone, please get it right :-)
Flag
Umm...err...yeah...that's what I mean. Awkward. Nothing to see here :D
Flag
I thought it was great!. But... even when the performances were captivating and entertaining (specially those that include Clare Bowen) .. i still can't believe that they can really sing... it all felt like lip-syncing.. excepting by the final number.
Flag
As a person who was there during the taping I can assure you they were not lip-syncing. Each song was recorded live that night at least twice. I too noticed when I watched it on TV that sometimes the lips looked off. I suspect this is because they aired one audio take but used the footage from the multiple takes which, at times, did make it appear like it was lip-synced. I don't know why Connie Britton was not there but I was not disappointed as I do not like her singing at all.
Flag
I'm soooo glad to know that!. I just couldn't believe that real country music fans applaud lip-syncing numbers!.

And now.. i just don't have any complain about the special.. it was awesome!. xD
Flag
I have soldier on to watch this show mainly because of Hayden and the music. I finally could not continue after season two episode 12. I just have no urge to watch anymore with so many other shows on TV. I would probably catch up in the summer. Is this episode the finale of season two?
Flag
It's in my DVR but I wasn't sure about watching it mainly because I was upset that they took this break between episodes. I want to get back to the storyline! I would have taken this better if it was a 2 hour special i.e. storyline in first hour and then the concert special in the second hour.
Flag
I didn't even know there was a concert episode! TV.com's page for this show barely gets kept up to date, there's never any new reviews for this show and even Wikipedia has nothing listed about a concert. When did it air?
Flag
It aired last night. you should check it out
Flag
Last night? Was it episode 19 or is this another episode? Because I can't find another episode after 19, and that was on television april 2.

Flag
Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.
Flag
I too thought it was fantastic. I was there during the taping of that show at the Ryman and must say these people can truly sing--especially Clare Bowen who I must confess I was never a huge fan of just watching the show. The raw haunting sound of her voice on songs like "Black Roses" made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I have a whole new appreciation for all the members of this cast. BTW--had no idea the actor who plays Gunner was English! I truly hope that ABC decides to renew this show for another season as my Weds. night just won't be the same without it!
Flag
I hope it gets renewed as well. It is awesome
Flag
Follow this Show
Members