A Nashville Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on ABC

Thanks to the magical power of Connie Britton's hair, Nashville has been renewed for Season 3. ABC exec Ben Sherwood announced the news via Twitter late Friday, because late Friday is a great time to announce such things! According to Deadline, the country-music drama will be back for a full 22 episodes. But for now, let's all just take a minute to thank Hayden Panettiere for giving it all she's got week after week, because Nashville would be nothing without her. Also, let's all bow down to Connie's aforementioned hair. But really mostly Hayden.

ABC previously announced renewals for 14 other shows, including Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.The GoldbergsScandal, and Revenge. Unfortunately, with good news comes bad news, and Trophy WifeSuburgatory, and more got the axe.

Anyway, it's Friday night! Let's get back to boozin'!

Are you excited for more Nashville? What are your pre-finale thoughts on Season 2?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 21

67 Comments
Comments (67)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am so happy about this. it might be soapy, but I love this show!
Flag
Weeeehoooo! Great!
Flag
That was draggy not craggy. Lol
Flag
Well I love Scarlett. I think her part got a little craggy at times. But yes she is my favorite as well. Truth is her voice is the best female vocal by far and they now have her character at a major turning point. So I sure hope she stays!!

Flag
Glad it got renewed, now if they could just drop someone of the dead weight, like Scarlett, things would be great. Juliette and Avery (Hayden & Jonathan) are about the only ones I enjoy watching.
Flag
Finally a good news =D
Flag
I am so happy that this one made it. Great and very talented characters...
Flag
Cool. I'm disappointed in the quality of the show (it's just a bunch of people overreacting in absurd ways to every little thing), but for some reason I still want to keep watching it. I agree that Hayden Panettiere is by far the best thing about it.
Flag
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Flag
Guess Hayden P won't be headed back to Heroes: Reborn next season, huh?
Flag
They didnt want her back anyways
Flag
Yay!!!!!
Flag
Sad about Suburgatory but it's been losing its edge in past season. Not surprised about Trophy wife, that show has been average at best. It simply lacked the punch.

Anyway, good news about Nashville. I think show will end with several cliffhangers, same as they ended season 1. My bet:
-something about Reina's album
-Will being outed or at least Leyla finds out
-Luke proposing to Reina
-Avery finding out about Juliett cheating on him
-something about Deacon which might get him to drink again

But what this show needs is somebody we'd love to hate. In season one you had Avery being a dick, Juliett being all diva, Teddy being something of a dick and Reina's father being all evil 1%er. Now? Nothing. Teddy is still something of a dick but not really and gets little screen time, Avery got his redemption and turning out to be quite a decent guy, Juliett got her act together. At best you have Edgehill exec (forgot the name) who is trying to be all evil and people go "Lol, you are such an a-hole, GTFO"
Flag
Well, looks like I was pretty close with my predictions. Well, most of them anyway. :)
Flag
I'm very pleased by this renewal. I started watching this season and will be glad to continue watching it next season.
Flag
I'm happy for Nashville but worried that Scarlett will be leaving next season - she is definitely the star of the show for me, with most humanity and the best voice.
I get they need to trim the cast but there are so many perfect candidates: Gunnar, Zoe, Will, Layla, you name it.
Flag
Are you serious or kidding about Scarlett being the star of the show, with the most humanity? Agreed- her voice and music are beautiful but Scarlett has become painful to watch on that show. Hayden Panettiere is MVP of every successive episode now. She has unwittingy become the star.
I agree though, Zoe (although she's gotten slightly better and she also has a lovely voice), Will, Layla etc are dead weight.
Flag
Well, I said she's the star for me. I still find Juliette irritating though less so than in the beginning and they didn't make great choices for Scarlett's storylines, but I still find her struggles more interesting.
Flag
fair enough
Flag
Chris Carmack needs to stay. he's good.
Flag
He is a good actor actually but that Will/Layla storyline is full of WTF and not in a good way.
Flag
Yeah, Layla needs to go.
Flag
ABC knows Scarlett's a keeper, unless they live in a cave somewhere--she'll be back, trust me on this...
Flag
I hope you're right...
Flag
Typical ABC renew crap like this and ax decent shows, real smooth ABC real smooth!
Flag
You know not of whence you speak, twit.
Flag
lol I do twonk! The show is so horrible and the acting wow it's so bad lol
Flag
Nope,show is awsome. Teddy is boring and annoying,but he has few moments here and there and they got rid of Lamar(or however you write it),so there's no more drama with that. But show is not just about that...it shows you so much more.
Flag
Fair enough, I always give any show a fair chance, I watch all kinds of show, I actually like the 2 female leads big fan but I just couldn't stand the writing and the male leads are so boring and the supporting cast weren't that interesting! I think i saw most of the first season and decided why put myself through this when there are so many shows out there i don't have the time to watch them all.
Flag
To celebrate, a banjo solo: "Twang, twang..."
Flag

http://www.nashvillescene.com/countrylife/archives/2014/05/08/nashville-recap-all-or-nothing-with-me
Flag
If you like Nashville this writer, Ashley Spurgeon does a really funny smarmy recap every week. If the link doesn't take, google it, but I will try: http://www.nashvillescene.com/countrylife/archives/television/
Flag
Finally some good news, after the cancelation of so many great shows! Nashville deserves it.
Flag
YAY this was a good tv year for me! All my top shows got renewed which is just unheard of.
Flag
This show would definitely be NOTHING without Hayden Panettiere. It's barely watchable WITH her stealing every scene. I don''t know why they've decided to write their best character so horribly this season.
Flag
It's almost like the writers are purposely throwing the most horrible storylines at her to try to get us to hate her, but Hayden Panettiere hitting it out of the park every week is refusing to let that happen.
Flag
I think thou dost protest too much. It wouldn't be the same without her though, and I kinda like the way she's written.
Flag
This series is great, a bit of cheese don't hurt no one y'all. And Hayden Panettiere is just great in it.
Flag
well now that just leaves the newer shows to hear about... I'm kind of not surprised about this but on the other hand I am, but glad it's coming back. it can be rocky sometimes but I enjoy it.

I wish the studios would stop announcing renewals and cancellations here and there though and just each network do both all at once, it gets confusing keeping track sometimes even when sites like this have a resource for it.
Flag
I do know one thing: Nashville is ALL about Hayden Panettiere. In my book, that is a reallly precious thing. Juliette Barnes forshadowed it all along: DON'T PUT DIRT ON MY GRAVE JUST YET!
Flag
I was worried about Hannibal, but I wasn't worried about Nashville.
Flag
Is it ok to say that I was worried about both?
Flag
I was! And now with both safely renewed, I can say I survived these upfronts with minimal pain and damage (although my deepest sympathy to all those Community fans).
Flag
Your loss is my loss. We've got 57 fantastic episodes. I know I will treasure therm forever in Chatswin Hell
Flag
About time they renewed Nashville
Flag
I officially know the fates of all my shows now, and only one didn't survive.

With that being said, leave me to mourn Suburgatory in peace
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    500 Questions
    NEW
    ABC