We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Nashville Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on ABC

GET OUT YOUR DAY PLANNERS!

... Instead of making us play Guess When?, ABC has announced finale dates for its current schedule. There are a lot of them, so I'm going to try to make this as painless as possible and run through them pretty quickly. Ready? Okay, here we go:

Friday, April 11

The Neighbors

Thursday, April 17

Scandal

Friday, April 25

Last Man Standing

Sunday, May 4

Resurrection

Sunday, May 11

Once Upon a TimeRevenge

Monday, May 12

Castle

Tuesday, May 13

Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife

Wednesday, May 14

Suburgatory, Nashville

Thursday, May 15

Grey’s Anatomy

Friday, May 16

Shark Tank

Sunday, May 18

America’s Funniest Home Videos

Tuesday, May 20

Dancing With the Stars

Wednesday, May 21

The MiddleModern Family, Mixology

[ABC via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... In How The F*ck Has This Not Happened Before Now News, hilarious person and everyone's BFF Anna Kenrick will host Saturday Night Live on April 5 with Pharrell's hat (okay, and Pharrell too) as her musical guest. And then on April 12, Seth Rogen will return as host for a third time, accompanied by the musical stylings of someone named Ed Sheeran. [NBC via press release]

... Netflix's next original series is Grace and Frankie, a comedy starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as long-time rivals who suddenly find that an unusual change in their individual marital circumstances brings them together. What is that change, you ask? Nothing big, just that their husbands decide to run off together. Netflix has ordered 13 episodes of the series, which will premiere in 2015. [Netflix via press release]

... TV Land has handed out a pilot order to Alison Brie's web series Teachers, which follows six elementary school teachers who aren't quite the adults they should be given that they're shaping the lives and minds of children. Brie will executive-produce the single-camera comedy, which stars the Katydids: Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O'Brien, and Katie Thomas. I have to say that I am a LITTLE pissed off I wasn't asked to be a part of this group, but also that I feel like I could probably infiltrate them and no one would notice. [THR]

CASTING NEWS

... Nikita might be over, but Maggie Q will soon be back kicking ass and taking names in Kevin Williamson's still untitled cop-themed psychological thriller. Appearing opposite Dylan McDermott, she'll play Detective Beth Davis, the division captain of the Threat Assessment Unit of the LAPD. Sorry, guys, but I'm pretty sure skimpy red swimsuits are not part of the uniform. [TV Line]

... Desmond Harrington has joined the cast of ABC's straight-to-series Astronaut Wives Club. This should go without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway: He plays one of the astronauts, not one of the wives. [Variety]

... SpyDaddy Victor Garber looooooves 50 Cent. I know this because he has signed on to star in Power, 50 Cent's new Starz drama about a club owner (Omari Hardwick) who'd like to go legit instead of being a drug kingpin. Garber will play Simon Stern, a fan of alliteration and a renowned and very legitimate club owner who's rolling in the dough. Also joining the cast is Lost's Sonya Walger, who will play Simon's wife Madeline. Madeline also enjoys cash money. [Starz via press release]

... Now that Raising Hope is dunzo, Garret Dillahunt has joined Amazon's Hand of God, which stars Ron Perlman as a "hard-living, law-bending married man" with some questionable morals. He eventually experiences a religious awakening and believes God is talking to him through his son. Dillahunt will play KD, a sociopath with rage issues who went looking for God to help ail him. [Deadline]

... You'll never guess who's been hiding in Under the Dome's Chester's Mill all this time: country music star Dwight Yoakam! He'll play barbershop owner Lyle Chumley, who unsurprisingly has a big beef with Big Jim. He also seems to have a connection to the Dome (not that kind of connection, I hope) and he might even know its origins. [THR]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/27/2016

Season 4 : Episode 17

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/4/2016

Season 4 : Episode 18

58 Comments
Comments (58)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Holy shit, the line about the Katydids made a lot less sense until I realized this news article was by Kaitlin, not Tim. ...Wait, actually that really wouldn't change it so much.
Flag
That's a lot of Kate's... which reminds me of Kate from Lost. Ah, I love her!
Flag
I believe that Once Upon A Time's finale will be two hours long this season instead of Revenge! Should be interesting!
Flag
Once Upon a Time, Revenge - I thought oooh, finale is called Revenge, this should be interesting! Oh, wait.
Flag
First you get me excited with your Maggie Q is going to be in another show then you just throw kerosene and a match on it with (1) Kevin Williamson (because cop shows, clearly his wheelhouse.... 'The Following'??) (2) Lady cop - such an original and groundbreaking female role!! Is she going to be a single working mother or does she have a dead beat or abusive ex cause that would literally shatter the mold or maybe she just has daddy issues but a smart and supporting mother or deadbeat mom and loving daddy?..... (3) Dylan McDermott who throughout a too long career still only has the acting range of a plate of lettuce. You're better than whatever that crap is going to be Margaret Quigley. Time will tell but looks like Shane West might have the safer post 'Nikita' landing on 'Salem' ... that is if people remember they all have 'WGN America' somewhere in their channel line-up when it premieres next month.

'Grace and Frankie' That sounds too good to be true, are you sure you got that right, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin and no real network wanted that show? They couldn't sell that idea to either of the networks they currently still get paid from occasionally HBO (Fonda) or Showtime (Tomlin)? HBO needs a consistently good comedy which it is lacking at present. Women of a certain age still can't get a show on a real network in Hollywood. This show HAS to be better than 'Rizzoli and Isles'. Their husbands ran off together. I wonder if we'll all be calling bullsh!t on the network execs that turned this one down. WTF??? Is HBO too busy giving checks to someone who in her entire life will not amount to either Tomlin or Fonda, Lena Dunham?
More+
Flag
Because of Lily Tomlin I kinda find myself wanting to watch Grace & Frankie...
Flag
The lack of skimpy red bikinis is almost a deal-breaker, but Williamson's Threat Assessment Unit does still have Maggie Q starring in it and I'd rather see her on TV than not at all, so I'll be giving it a shot.
Flag
Agents of SHIELD, already 16 episodes aired.. so, logically, still 6 to probably a maximum of 8 to go. Next episode airs april 1st (ahhhr, why not next week? though I really liked the Marvel special, I'm really craving new SHIELD episodes!), so... that means we'll probably get a new episode every week from now on :D, to a maximum of 7 episodes (that makes 23 for the season, 22 if there are only 6 episodes to go, and there's another one-week-break in april/may). Me = liking the odds :)
Flag
SHIELD is off next week. Returns on the first. Works out to 22 episodes.
Flag
I know it returns on the first of april, that's also in my post. Yesterday I also read something about 7 more episodes, but that could be wrong information, I don't know. Well, we'll see. I really hope the series returns for a second season, because it seems to be getting better and better, though in my opinion it was already really fun from the first episode on. :)
Flag
Oh, I also read there would be no more breaks after april first, so if that's actually true, it would mean there will be 7 more episodes.
Flag
There was actually a British comedy series called Teachers that was awfully similar to what that synopsis was describing. Idea stolen much?
Flag
When we stole "Bad Education", we grabbed the star, too. What's your point?
Flag
Um. That is an adaptation. Like Broadchurch or the Office, a deal was made with the original creators and, in the case of Bad Education, as you said, you have the same actor. That's a little different. This show just seems to have stolen the premise and the title and acted as if it was their original idea.
Flag
Heh, I had already figured before reading this that Dillahunt would go right back to his stock in trade: psychopaths and/or sociopaths, probably of the homicidal variety. Part of why I loved his good-natured doofus character on Raising Hope so much was because it was such a 180 from his usual roles.
Flag
The Maggie Q, Dylan McDermott thing sounds good, I'd watch that!
Flag
I've been waiting for YEARS for Dylan McDermott to get on a good show. But, I haven't seen it, yet. He just really BELONGS on a good show. Here's hoping...
Flag
I actually think that Teachers can be interesting.
Flag
Garret Dillahunt as a sociopath with rage issues?? Count me inm and go ahead and throw some Maggie Q in on the side! Under the Dome should really have a continually shrinking cast, not the opposite.
Flag
Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin together in a comedy? Sign me up (although not really because I don't have access to Netflix).
Flag
I saw the Nikita pic and was like oh shit Nikita is back. Was disappointed that it wasn't the case, but so glad Maggie Q will be back on my screen.
Flag
Not familiar with Brie's Teachers, but why all Kate variations?
Flag
How is Dolly Parton not on that Netflix show??? I need my 9 To 5 eunuon!!
Flag
Er, reunion..
Flag
it's so weird to think of Agents of SHIELD having a finale date because it seems like it's barely even aired, it gets taken off so often.. and I don't see Mixology even lasting that long.

how did I miss Raising Hope getting cancelled? I like it, but I'll admit season 3 and 4 have been a big letdown overall

seriously how the hell can they justify adding more and more people to Under The Dome? they're under a freakin "DOME" and it's a small town supposedly but yet there's always new people. HTF?!
Flag
Yes, how DID you miss Raising Hope getting cancelled? Did you not notice it being moved to the Timeslot o' death this year?
Flag
I never quite understood why Friday means that to just about everybody, there's plenty of shows that have been on Fridays and haven't been cancelled but oh well.
Flag
Friday night (and Saturday night) draw poor ratings because people have more entertainment options on weekends. Therefore, if a show gets banished to a weekend timeslot, it's either because A) the network doesn't believe it CAN draw better numbers, or B) the network believes the natural audience for the show isn't going anywhere else on weekends. A show in category A should not expect renewal. It can happen, but it's unexpected when it does.
Flag
Grace & Frankie sounds amazing. Fonda AND Tomlin??? Be still my beating heart.
Flag
Garrett Dillahunt is the man. So is Ron Perlman. That show sounds interested. But for some reason,I can never see myself watching any Amazon Original Programming.
Flag
Anything with Maggie Q in it in a action role will be brilliant.
Flag
Yeah, but anything with Dylan Mcdermott need not. Still trying to get over Hostages here...
Flag
And American Horror Story seasons 1-2!!!
Flag
I never saw it but I did like him in Dark Blue.
Flag
NBC's biggest stinker is, of course, Saturday Night Live. It hasn't been watchable in nigh on to thirty years. Hey, isn't that where that no-talent bum Andy Samberg hails from?

Please renew Nashville for ten seasons and dump Revenge, or at least get on with it and get some revenge.
Flag
yawn.
Flag
I couldn't agree more! SNL hasn't been watchable since the mid 80's
Flag
Every 5 years there's a new set of people whining that this cast isn't as good as the previous one. The real problem is that they keep re-using sketches and characters in ways that aren't any different from the way they did it before. "What Up With That" should have been permanently retired when they got Lindsay Buckingham on. Every single one of Kristen Wiig's characters were overused. "Drunk Uncle" was funny... the first time. By the fifth appearance, it's not.
Flag
Are these Series Finale dates, or just for the this Season?
Flag
Just for the season. I doubt any network would shut down the majority of it's programming........... besides NBC.

Ha! I made myself laugh. XD
Flag
That means Agents of SHIELD, Goldbergs, Grey's Anatomy, etc. got renewed?
Flag
I thought SHIELD renewed already. At least is getting better. I was starting to lose interest.

Grey's should end and Goldbergs should get renewed as I'm sure it's not that expensive to make. Plus it's cute/funny.
Flag
Agents of SHIELD will be renewed. The Goldbergs probably won't, although it's better than a lot of shows that will. Grey's will be renewed, even though it will have only 40% of it's original interns and 50% of it's original Greys.
Flag
The Goldbergs is a good show (although it fairly reeks of Wonder Years) but it gets no buzz to speak of. ABC hasn't actively tried to kill it (see Happy Endings) but the fact that it is a good show isn't enough.
Flag
Hmm, where did you see ABC saying that? I missed it?
Flag
I'd bet on The Goldbergs getting a renewal (opinion unsupported by any research into its ratings).
Flag
Lol. Oh, thank God. I was about to crap kittens and cancel my satellite subscription. I watch most of those shows. I would have actually cried to see Castle go. ;)
Flag
You can crap kittens? Wow.
Flag
I'd love to see that. ;)
Flag
Only when I'm super angry and super shocked at the same time. Lol. ;)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members