A Nashville Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning Wednesday, September 24th, 2014)

The ever-increasingly soapy storylines aside, Nashville really did produce several great songs and musical moments during its first season, and we've ranked the best in completely arbitrary order in anticipation of tonight's Season 2 premiere.

7. Fade Into You - Scarlett & Gunnar ("Someday You'll Call My Name")
There were no available clips on YouTube from the show, so this performance from the Grand Ole Opry will have to do.

6. Telescope - Maddie and Daphne ("Someday You'll Call My Name")
I chose this over the popular cover of The Lumineers' "Ho Hey" from later in the season because this was the first time we saw the girls sing and we all realized we're no talent losers compared to them.

5. Wrong Song - Rayna & Juliette ("Lovesick Blues")
It took the show forever to get these two on the tour we were promised in the pilot, but in the end they produced this duet.

4. Change Your Mind - Scarlett & Gunnar ("Be Careful of Stones That You Throw")
Pretty much every song Scarlett and Gunnar sing together is great, so.

3. Undermine - Juliette ("Someday You'll Call My Name")
Rayna/Connie who? This was the first time Hayden proved that this was actually her show, and Connie was just visiting.

2. No One Will Ever Love You - Rayna & Deacon ("I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)")
This was the first moment we really felt the love and history between Rayna and Deacon, and the one time Connie Britton owned her singing.

1. If I Didn't Know Better - Scarlett & Gunnar ("Pilot")
This song still gives me chills and is what really sold the pilot, in my opinion.

2 Comments
Follow this Show
Members