Nashville Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Official Discussion - "Welcome to Nashville" (1-1) 9/14/07

EJamison

[1]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 17
    Discuss the first episode here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Sep 14, 2007
    I guess it's sort of like "Laguna Hills" and sequels, just in another location. They're not my kind of shows so I don't plan to keep watching. But those other docu-soaps seem to be doing OK so I don't see why this show shouldn't get the same kind of attention.

meee223

[3]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    How is a show like this filmed? Is it scripted at all or does the cast just go about their business and the cameramen just follow them? It's amazing that they seem to be in the right places when the "critical" conversations are going on. What about all the other people in the scenes, for example, the party scenes? Don't they find it strange that cameras are always there?Are any scenes interrupted by a directortelling them to do this or that again? If these are just regular people who are actually trying "for real" to make it in Nashville, I'd say it's pretty hard with all the cameras going everywhere with them. And how do the producers know that it would actually be interesting enough to show on tv? How do they know that people will hook up with other people? I just do not understand how a show like this is done. Watching it, it looks like they are totally oblivious to any cameras around.

EJamison

[4]Sep 14, 2007
    meee223 wrote:
    How is a show like this filmed?
    I have basically all the same questions that you do and that's why I don't like this kind of show. You can't quite figure out what is real and what isn't. I pretty sure that the people are who they say they are but it's hard to know when the producers are making some things up. And even if it's mostly real, a lot still depends on editting. I don't think the cameras are around all the time, so I guess it's sort of film what you can and then try to piece it together into a soap opera. I have enough other TV to watch, so I don't need this.

bouges13

[5]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 19

EJamison wrote:
    meee223 wrote:
    How is a show like this filmed?
    I have basically all the same questions that you do and that's why I don't like this kind of show. You can't quite figure out what is real and what isn't. I pretty sure that the people are who they say they are but it's hard to know when the producers are making some things up. And even if it's mostly real, a lot still depends on editting. I don't think the cameras are around all the time, so I guess it's sort of film what you can and then try to piece it together into a soap opera. I have enough other TV to watch, so I don't need this.

Exactly. This type of show is frustrating, and I personally found very little to enjoy with this show. I did like Terry Bradshaw, I liked how he said that it wasn't his job to open doors for his daughter, but he'd be there to pick her up - that seemed real, and sincere. I also liked Chuck's singing even though I'm not much of a country music fan. Other than those two things, I thought the show was a train wreck that belonged on MTV rather than a major network. The whole show felt fake and that it was plotted to lead up to lame, unoriginal drama situations. The characters are supposedly real people but I saw them more as cliched portraits of people played by untrained actors and directed by someone who really doesn't understand human nature.

Edited on 09/14/2007 10:43pm

horses68

[6]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    i like the show.my cousin mika is on it.they are comfortifle with the cameras.

7thheavengirl1

[7]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 9
    Clint is one of the cutest people on the show. But he is a player!

EJamison

[8]Sep 15, 2007
    horses68 wrote:
    Do you know how often the cameras are there? I heard with "Laguana Beach" that the cameras were there 4 days a week.

EJamison

[9]Sep 15, 2007
    bouges13 wrote:
    The characters are supposedly real people but I saw them more as cliched portraits of people played by untrained actors
    Yeah, I didn't know how to describe it but I think you got it.

meee223

[10]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 8

horses68 wrote:

So have you asked Mika how they film this? Do the producers tell her what to do or do the cameras just follow her around?

maaarin

[11]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    It's just a scripted unscripted show made for dumb people who can't figure out it's scripted so they buy it

horses68

[12]Sep 21, 2007
    no they dont tell her what to do.she just dose it.

el_eliminator

[13]Jun 5, 2008
    The show to watch is Nashville star all these other wanna be shows suck......ROCK ON NASHVILLE STAR.......AIRS MONDAY ON NBC.....