NBA on ABC

NBA Finals 2010: Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game 2

Aired Sunday 1:00 PM Jun 06, 2010 on ABC

• Lakers take on Celtics in Gm two.

A rather poor officiated game. You could tell this game was not going to go the Lakers favor when the officials were teeing up Kobe on his third foul in the first half. The fouls on Kobe were suspect, and one of them was not even a foul (Ray Allen got away with an obvious charge).

Celtics at one point had a lead, but the Lakers came back. Then officials called a fifth foul on Kobe. Move to near the end of the game with about two minutes left, Lakers have the ball and Garnett hits the ball out of bounds, but the referees give the ball to the Celtics. The officials reviewed the play, and they still gave the ball to the Celtics when the Lakers should have retained possession.

It was a big call and a blown call that eventually gave the Celtics a five point lead with less than two minutes left.

The Lakers got screwed in this game. Now with the 2-3-2 seems the league is really trying to make things hard for defending champs to repeat. Hopefully, the Lakers will rally back.
  • Game 2

Okay, the second game of the NBA Finals was better than the first, but not by much. Unfortunately I was not able to see most of the final moments due to Cablevision having an awful ABC feed, but from what I saw the Celtics executed down the stretch and the Lakers did not.

I still think that Los Angeles will win this series, but now they have to win a game in Boston, which is actually not as daunting a task as it may seem.

Hopefully the Finals get better because right now, it's nothing like McDonald's, I'm not loving it.