NBA on ESPN

Los Angeles Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 24, 2010 on ESPN

• Mavericks cool off Kobe and Dirk scores 31 en route to a 101-96 Dallas win over Los Angeles.

It was a back-and forth one-and-a-half quarters of play, as L.A. led after one, 23-20. Los Angeles seemed to be pulling away, as the led by as many as nine late in the second quarter, 48-39, but ended the quarter on a 10-2 run, closing the gap to 50-49 at halftime, eventually leading to a successful quarter, as Dallas had outscored L.A. 29-27 in the second. Dallas came out firing in the third quarter, as they scored the first six points of the period, to lead 55-50. They would outscore L.A. 25-22 overall in the quarter, including a three-pointer by Jason Kidd at the end-of-the-quarter buzzer. Dallas led, 74-72 entering the fourth period. The Mavs would hold on, once leading by as many as nine points, as they defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in front of a sold-out crowd in Dallas, 101-96. Dirk Nowitzki had 31, and Jason Terry added 30 of his own. Jason Kidd had another double-double with 14 points, 13 assists. Lamar Odom led the Lakers with 21, and Kobe had a quiet 20 points. Dallas won their second game of the season against L.A., tying up the season series, 2-2. Mavericks have won five straight games, tied for a season-high.
  • Mavericks host Lakers

Tonight's matchup featured the two premiere teams in the West right now, other than the Nuggets, as the Dallas Mavericks faced the Los Angeles Lakers. All week people have been claiming that Dallas finally might have enough talent for a Championship, but I just don't buy it. I think frustration will eventually set in over minutes and I just think a young team like the Thunder or a veteran team like the Nuggets will be too much for them.

The game came down to the wire tonight, but I just could never really get that into it. Maybe Friday I'll be more up for watching bball.