NCIS: Los Angeles

Bounty

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2010 on CBS

• I didn't enjoy this much. I think it was missing that flair that the previuos episode, and several others, have had.

For the last four or five episodes, NCIS: Los Angeeles has been a yoyo, in terms of its form. 'Soecial Delivery' was a boring episode, then 'Little Angels' was magnificent. 'Standoff' was decent, but not brilliant, and then 'Anonymous' was terrific! But the pattern had to continue with a sub-par episode tonight, with 'Bounty'.

The begining of the episode was faultless. It created a lot of supense with the kidnapping, and ultimately, murder. However, there was so much time spent with the man's son, and a lot of time spent on Deeks (easily the least interesting character0) that it really cut down on the intensity and the action that the previos episode provided.

I also thought the trip to Afghanistan at the end was a little pointless. I would've been much happier if a greater part of the episode was spent there, as it would've made for a unique show. Suffice to say, this is the second time in three episodes that they felt the need to go to a different country just to apprehend a supect, and the remainder of that episode was not spent in that country.

Overall, I was quite disappointed with this one. I was left expecting more, especially after the awesomeness of the previous episode, 'Anonymous'. NCIS: Los Angeles needs to ensure that it is more consistent, which is something it managed to achieve towards the latter stages of Season 1, and earlier on in Season 2.

Hoping for a great show next wekk, but I wouldn't recommend this one.
CLOO