NCIS: Los Angeles

Drive

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jan 08, 2013 on CBS

7.2
  • something was missing here

I'm really torn over that episode.

It was a good episode overall, the plot was good, Jaime and Kensi undercover was great, funny, there was some action too.

But what about Deeks? this is a great character and ECO was great as usual so, why did they send his character back to being the stranger in the group?? It felt like season 2 all over again!

I mean, come on, everybody forget his birthday? especially Kensi! ok she though it was on the 18th... and then when she knows it's his birthday she still goes to diner with Jaime!! WTH? Why did the writers do this? their partnership has evolved a lot since season 2 and it felt very out of character for Kensi but also for the rest of the team. Poor Deeks, everybody always making fun of him: there it was, a good case focussing on some of Deeks past, giving them the opportunity to show his more serious side and being supported by his coworkers (like he does for them all the time). but no.

That's why I was disappointed by this episode.

I hope that the few hint we had in the previous episodes about Deeks being on a big case will allow his character to get the attention AND support from his team mates he finally deserve.
CLOO