NCIS: Los Angeles Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Force feeding us Kensi-n-Deeks

eric770

[1]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 4

Is it just me or does the Kensi and Deeks stuff seem a little too forced? They don't have any chemistry together as far as romantic chemistry goes! they can do the comedy bit and play off of one another's awkwardness in sharing too much personal information, but they have no romantic chemistry as a couple/potential couple! My issue is I believe that they powers that be are trying their best to force us into buying them as a potential couple! I'm at home wondering where is it written in stone that every TV show involving a male/female partnership has to revolve around a long build up to a kiss/love scene? This guy has ZERO credibility of being someone that could get this woman, but that is not going to stop them from trying to milk it all out until the very end. Lets face it, for every Bones-Booth, Castle-Becket partner love drama out there we have some that are perhaps better served with a brother/sister or simply friends dynamic. My point is that while I know some out there will disagree with me and thats fine, but I am just tired of writers using this cut-copy-paste aspect of telling this types of stories and I feel that forcing these couplings too often only hurts things in the long run.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sp3kkie

[2]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 7

I agree with you on the biggest part. Although it doesn't bother me that much. I think you are right they aren't a very believable couple, but ok. I have to say, I think Daniella is one of the most beautiful woman on TV right now.

As far as forcing. That's a bit true, I mean, ok they are partners and in that line of work its important. But some things I don't believe. I mean, he is herimmediate partner for about 2 years now? She knows Callen and Sam way longer and I have to think they are very important to her too. Maybe I didn't get it right but when Kensi said to Deeks that he is the only one she trusts I find that very hard to believe. I mean, why not Sam and Callen? Actually, if I have to choose which one I would trust the most even if it wasn't my direct partner I'd go for Callen.

For you reference to other shows, you're right. I don't know why they do that, or at least try to do that on almost every show. I mean, when it works its great. But it is very hard to pull off. The chemistry can't befaked. For the shows you mentioned, it works.

- Castle, this is one of the best I've seen so far. I like it, but I think this is easier to pull of because they are not really co-workers, so it has impact on them working together but not because of rules in the force.

- Bones, pretty damn good, but also not direct co-workers. I have to say I really respect the writers for getting them together. It's a big guess, and for most shows they tend to do that when it ends. By the way, this is a very strange relation because Bones is a bit strange.

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE HOWEVER IS NCIS

I think this is one of the most succesfull tries I've seen. First DiNozzo with Kate, although if you ask me that would never have happened. I think it was more like Kensi and Deeks. But then done better. But DiNozzo and Ziva, that is a hell of a chemistry there. I like their banter and this last season they got way closer by some talks and other people telling them they have to be honest. I hope the writers don't do the same as in JAG, and the show after they get together, certainly not in the last episode. But I'm also curious if it will work.

Back to NCIS: LA

I don't mind if they don't push it like that in every episode (the last one was a bit to much) but I don't think this is something that will ever be aspopularas the couples mentioned above

Nordan123

[3]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 6

Sp3kkie wrote:
    Maybe I didn't get it right but when Kensi said to Deeks that he is the only one she trusts I find that very hard to believe.

Raised an eyebrow with me too,while I would trust Deeks in the field as a partner I seriously doubt I would trust him with my innermost thoughts.

Another thing,who goes into a warehouse where there are potential dangerous people talking/arguing in voices that can be heard at least 30-40 yards away??

lynna12000

[4]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    I guess it's true: Be careful what you wish for...you might get it. Fans wanted Kensi/Deeks...and then they got it. Probably be forgotten in a few eps.

sam24

[5]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 3

I actually don't mind it and at times they are funny it gives the show a comic relief. I think it will be similiar to the ncis ziva/tony thing nothing much will come of it but they are funny. As for her trust comment i think that is different type of trust that you have with your partner and it isn't about how long you know that person. You work with them day after day and they literally have your life in there hands and at a certain point a bond is formed. I thought that seemed real kensi relationship with deeks is very different then her relationship with sam or callen and they have shown that over they years. I think what they were trying to say is yes sam and callen have know her longer but she never really let them in enough to trust them completly she always kept alot in but with deeks for whatever reason she has let him in and has this bond that she trusts and i think that is what she meant so i did find it very believable.

alesig

[6]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 3
    No I don't think they've been forced...There's chemistry there, it's undeniable IMO and I think they're having a good buildup. I love them as partners, I love their banter and don't mind to see them together.

promdateless

[7]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 2

I agree with you. Although i think it would be cute if they were a couple, you're right, they aren't believable. Knowing Kensi's character, she's not gonna go for someone like Deeks. She could kill a man with her bare hands and he's too laid back and goofy. Plus I was very confused when they added Deeks to the show. I had been under the impression that Callen and Kensi were the 2 that would eventually get together. At least that's how I interpreted last season. It seemed like she and Callen were slowly building up feelings for eachother. When they added Deeks, it was like the writers tried to pretend nothing was ever there between Callen and Kensi. Now I feel like the show doesn't even involve Callen enough. It's like the writers are trying to fit Kensi and Deeks in there so much to make up for lost time, that the main character of the show, Callen, is being overlooked. Don't get me wrong, I love Deeks being on the show. But either make him and Kensi believable as a couple or make them clearly just coworkers and start up the romance with Callen and Kensi again. People want to see more Chris O'Donnell. And seeing him spice it up with Daniela Ruah is just what the show might need.

agrepina82

[8]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 6

I have to disagree. Right now Kensi and Deeks is the only thing that makes this show interesting for me. However Kensi and Deeks or the entire show was much better last season. The story lines were better, even Callen and Sam were much better. The writers definitely need to change some things or even Kensi and Deeks won'tbe enough for me tocontinue watching this show anylonger and that would be a pity Crythe characters have sooo much potential ...

MistyAnn22

[9]May 6, 2012
    • level: 4

I Totally agree, I don't really see the romantic connection with them and I have no idea why every single show seems to have to have a romance going on. Why can't you have an action show that just has action ( and some comedy every now and then)? Why can't you have male and a female character that are just friends.

More specificly, does every female character on a show have to have a built in romantic interest? Think about it, There are plenty of male characters on these shows that aren't in a relationship, but it seems like the second they have a female character they have to pair her off with someone ( Anyone). It's like they have to say that, "yeah she may be tough, she may be as strong as some of the men on the show, but that's okay because, see, she's really just looking for a guy to love".

Oops, went into a bit of a rant there, didn't mean to, but this is a topic that bugs me a lot.

authorsue

[10]May 9, 2012

You're right, Kensi and Deeks don't have chemistry. But every series needs some kind of underlying story. A romantic interest? Anyway, I did like it. I don't watch NCIS LA very often. I'm a die hard NCIS fan. They could bring this series up by letting them do different things. Not all ops have to be under cover. And find some sizzling love interests for some of the characters, like Tony & Ziva, or Gibbs and whoever, or McGee and ?. Viewers keep coming back because they have an emotional investment in the characters.

authorsue

[11]May 9, 2012

You're right, Kensi and Deeks don't have chemistry. But every series needs some kind of underlyingromantic interest. Anyway, I did like this episode. I don't watch NCIS LA very often. I'm a die hard NCIS fan. They could bring this series up by letting them do different things. Not all ops have to be undercover. And find some sizzling love interests for some of the characters, like Tony & Ziva, or Gibbs and whoever, or McGee and ?. Viewers keep coming back because they have an emotional investment in the characters.

authorsue

[12]May 9, 2012

You're right, Kensi and Deeks don't have chemistry. But every series needs some kind of underlyingromantic interest. Anyway, I did like this episode. I don't watch NCIS LA very often. I'm a die hard NCIS fan. They could bring this series up by letting them do different things. Not all ops have to be undercover. And find some sizzling love interests for some of the characters, like Tony & Ziva, or Gibbs and whoever, or McGee and ?. Viewers keep coming back because they have an emotional investment in the characters.

Chocolatier

[13]May 27, 2012
    • level: 12
    Personally I think Deeks and Kensi have amazing chemistry, they remind me of what I used to see with Tony and Ziva. I think the writers waited far too long to play out the Tiva storyline, I hardly see a spark anymore, when I started watching NCIS: LA it was like watching tiva back in seasons 3 - 6. Completely refreshing and amazing, Kensi and Deeks have brilliant scenes and they seem to genuinely constantly care about each other and open up to each other, also I feel like as partners they are evolving, I'm excited for more densi!

aquarius3276

[14]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 1

Kensi and deeks are more suited to a brother/sister relationship. Now kensi and callen, there's definitely some chemistry there! I prefer these 2 to get together

crimegirl12

[15]Sep 26, 2012
    • level: 5

I am new to this forum thing and I just want to say that I think the writer's aren't forcing us Kensi and Deeks. I think they work really well together as partners and they banter just like siblings. They keep secrets from each other but doesn't everybody? They care for each other like in the episode where Deeks gets shot and Kensi doesn't want to lose another partner. Another episode is the two-parter Kensi story. Deeks wanted to make sure that Kensi was alright and that is what friends and partners do for each other.

As for a couple I think that might happen, but it wouldn't be the whole storyline, it would be subtle. For Callen and Sam I can't see Callen getting a girlfriend. Sam already has a wife and kids. Anyway that is just what I think about 'forcing us Kensi-n-Deeks' which they are not.

Jeaninga2012

[16]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 1

I agree, NO chemistry. Deeks can be extremely annoying though...how can she put up with that ?