NCIS: Los Angeles Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

The Callen G Identity

jmcintyre

[1]May 25, 2010
    • level: 5

I dont know but the writers are making Callen G story somewhat like Jason Bourne thats just my guest i dont about yours. I guess the story arc on season 2 will focus on Callen G's mysterious identity lets wait and see what the writers will come up. I love the mystery lets hope they surprise us with a good story.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CRaivios

[2]May 27, 2010
    • level: 21
    G's past will be a story line for a while. But like Jenny and La Grenouille and the Shannon/Kelly Gibbs story line, it will come to a conclusion eventually. Even on JAG, the story of Harm's missing father came to an end.

Charlie183

[3]May 29, 2010
    • level: 17

CRaivios wrote:
    G's past will be a story line for a while. But like Jenny and La Grenouille and the Shannon/Kelly Gibbs story line, it will come to a conclusion eventually. Even on JAG, the story of Harm's missing father came to an end.

And it should come to an end, in my opinion.. now that they started this storyline, i hope they won't keep it on forever cause it might get boring otherwise... dont get me wrong i love it, i really liked this last episode (Callen, G.) and i want them to use more than one ep to wrap it up, but its like those neverending relationships that won't move forward, cause than the fans would stop watching... like lois finding out about clerk (i mean the original series) or... there are tons of examples... even Tony and Ziva, i guess, i'm still waiting on something getting forward there and it IS starting to take to long.. but good thing about NCIS: they have enough stuff going on next to this arch !
    here the problem is that they gotta have another story arch as good to make up for the one of callens past when its finished... still can't see one as strong... Jenny/La Grenouille or Gibbs' family those were important but small as part of NCIS, i feel like the callen-story is much bigger part of the series, without it there would be too much missing...

ps I wonder what the G stands for .. are there even names with G besides Greg or George .. and both of those don't fit at all . schouldn't be anything normal, should it ?

CRaivios

[4]May 29, 2010
    I have wondered that myself. Perhaps when the new season starts, we should have a poll and vote on what we think G is. I do not think it is George, but maybe the Russian name Gregori.

lynna12000

[5]Jun 10, 2010
    Given how good Callen is at his job, the 'G' could just stand for 'Grifter'.

Charlie183

[6]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 17

lynna12000 wrote:
    Given how good Callen is at his job, the 'G' could just stand for 'Grifter'.

maybe we'll learn more about his parents.. with the name 'grifter' we'd already know the first thing: they were/are mean ...

hockey9927

[7]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 22

I agree with you guys no G name really fits. I mean does anyone really see him as a Gary, or Greg. Maybe like a Garret or Gavin would fit.

fringelover

[8]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 6
    I'm sure somewhere down the line they will continue with the storyline. We know that some sort of parent is watching by the notebook found with all the entries in it. Maybe his parents were spys.

wedgeantilles54

[9]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 12

fringelover wrote:
    I'm sure somewhere down the line they will continue with the storyline. We know that some sort of parent is watching by the notebook found with all the entries in it. Maybe his parents were spys.

that sounds alot like the story line in Chuck, and i really doubt it would for NCIS LA

fringelover

[10]Oct 22, 2010
    I'm sure we're in for a long wait. Look how long it took to find out about Gibbs wife & daugher,father, Tony's father....etc. There are still tons of things we don't know about the NCIS characters.

I'm trying to think of an odd G name and all I can come up with is Gideon. He couldn't say his name so they called him "G".

blue_fish24

[11]Oct 25, 2010
    • level: 18
    I think you are right, fringelover, we will not be given the complete story of G for quite a while. TPTB will try to stretch out the suspense for as long as possible.

baghban

[12]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 9
    It would be cool to find out that Callen is somehow related to Gibbs.

CRaivios

[13]Apr 2, 2011
    baghban wrote:
    It would be cool to find out that Callen is somehow related to Gibbs.

That is funny. The G stands for Gibbs? LOL!!!!

IanHaze

[14]Apr 6, 2011

Mossad, mark my words.

Dec1964

[15]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 33

"G" says it all, i dont mind if we ever find out. We probably will as the show

goes on.