NCIS: Los Angeles Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Why are the ratings on here so low ??

lynna12000

[21]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 21
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    Sub-par equals horrible in my world view. A sub-par show may have me checking in once a month to see if it improved, but not every week. I've already posted my views on trolls previously. Why repeat myself? For some people, an 8.5 is a low rating. Having a rating system that skews to the higher numbers does not make you a troll. Pollyannish, maybe, but not a troll.

Even IF 8.5 would be a low rating, that's the least of the scores you got there. Eps which where "grossly overrated" got a 9.5. That's not "pollyannish", that's just making sure the show gets a high mark.

So here we are. The trolls you where talking about do not exist (I ploughed through most of the show's scores for this), and all the low scores it got have been substantiated with reason. There are however people who're doing just the opposite.

The trolls argument is not valid, and is even the other way around.

So no, the ratings aren't low because of "trolls who come here just to give the show a low score". The show is sub par, and people rate it that way. THAT'S the reason, no matter what excuse yer trying to find.

The trolls we were talking about do exist, even in this reality. As I said, one persons pollyannish ratings don't make a shows rating higher than you want it to be.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IanHaze

[22]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 6

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    Sub-par equals horrible in my world view. A sub-par show may have me checking in once a month to see if it improved, but not every week. I've already posted my views on trolls previously. Why repeat myself? For some people, an 8.5 is a low rating. Having a rating system that skews to the higher numbers does not make you a troll. Pollyannish, maybe, but not a troll.

Even IF 8.5 would be a low rating, that's the least of the scores you got there. Eps which where "grossly overrated" got a 9.5. That's not "pollyannish", that's just making sure the show gets a high mark.

So here we are. The trolls you where talking about do not exist (I ploughed through most of the show's scores for this), and all the low scores it got have been substantiated with reason. There are however people who're doing just the opposite.

So no, the ratings aren't low because of "trolls who come here just to give the show a low score". The show is sub par, and people rate it that way. THAT'S the reason, no matter what excuse yer trying to find.

The trolls we were talking about do exist, even in this reality. As I said, one persons pollyannish ratings don't make a shows rating higher than you want it to be.

Right then, quote me a few, cause I've been through the ratings and you're lying.

CRaivios

[23]Mar 16, 2011
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:

Right then, quote me a few, cause I've been through the ratings and you're lying.

I have made this complaint before. There is a lot of crap on TV. Considering how many shows there are on any given night, I cannot get my head around the fact that there are people who keep watching a show they do not like week after week. I will try a show out for an episode or two, but if it does not interest me after the third viewing, I move on to something else. How anyone can keep coming to this website and complain about every episode of a show is beyond me.

IanHaze

[24]Mar 17, 2011

CRaivios wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:

I have made this complaint before. There is a lot of crap on TV. Considering how many shows there are on any given night, I cannot get my head around the fact that there are people who keep watching a show they do not like week after week. I will try a show out for an episode or two, but if it does not interest me after the third viewing, I move on to something else. How anyone can keep coming to this website and complain about every episode of a show is beyond me.

Thanks for letting us know. Is the goal here to press your TV watching habits on the rest of us? Or are we free to watch shows we want and whine on some forum about it?

CRaivios

[25]Mar 17, 2011
    IanHaze wrote:

CRaivios wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. Is the goal here to press your TV watching habits on the rest of us? Or are we free to watch shows we want and whine on some forum about it?

People are free to do as they please. However, I wonder why anyone wants to keep watching a show they do not like.

zurimov

[26]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 9
    CRaivios wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

CRaivios wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:

People are free to do as they please. However, I wonder why anyone wants to keep watching a show they do not like.

Point is, the show may be likeable. It just happens that the show is not great, therefore deserves mediocre rating.

lynna12000

[27]Mar 21, 2011
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:

How about the person who gave 'Human Traffic' a '1' for what he considered to be shaky camera work. His main complaint wasn't script, it wasn't acting, it was what HE considered shaky camera work. The other reviewers that actually posted reviews, not just rated the show; gave it a 10, and a 6.5.

If those were the only ratings, the show would have only averaged between 5.5 and 6 (to use round numbers). That particular episode averaged a '7' per the 170 people who rated it as of 3/20/2011.

And what about the trolls who rate a show before it is ever broadcast? (which certainly happened when this particular forum started) If three or four people rate a show a '1', BEFORE it airs, it takes a heck of a lot of votes to raise it even 1 point. Calling me a liar, even in jest, will NOT convince me that you are right.

IanHaze

[28]Mar 21, 2011

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:
    IanHaze wrote:

lynna12000 wrote:

How about the person who gave 'Human Traffic' a '1' for what he considered to be shaky camera work. His main complaint wasn't script, it wasn't acting, it was what HE considered shaky camera work. The other reviewers that actually posted reviews, not just rated the show; gave it a 10, and a 6.5. If those were the only ratings, the show would have only averaged between 5.5 and 6 (to use round numbers). That particular episode averaged a '7' per the 170 people who rated it as of 3/20/2011. And what about the trolls who rate a show before it is ever broadcast? (which certainly happened when this particular forum started) If three or four people rate a show a '1', BEFORE it airs, it takes a heck of a lot of votes to raise it even 1 point. Calling me a liar, even in jest, will NOT convince me that you are right.

The only one in the entire season. Excuse me, but didn't you say trolls where to blame for the low grades? If trolls where even slightly responsible for it, don't you think there where MORE THEN ONE OCCURRENCE OF EM? And that they certainly have to be more in number than the fanbois who rate every episode a 10?

Nope, no trolls here, except for you. The ratings are right for this show, if not too high because of the "let's vote everything a 10 because if I like the show it sure as hell should have a high grade" fanbois.

lynna12000

[29]Mar 21, 2011
    As I stated in previous posts, the rating for the show isn't determined just by the people who post reviews. There are also people who rate the show without reviewing it.

When this forum was first posted, the ratings WERE low. And not just for the second season. In the nearly 6 months since, there have been more people rating the show, not necessarily reviewing it.

I have NOT claimed the show is a 10 all the time. There have been a few clunkers. But it certainly rates higher than YOU say it does.

Not agreeing with YOUR viewpoint, does not make me a troll.

IanHaze

[30]Mar 21, 2011

lynna12000 wrote:

But not agreeing to what YOU think this show should be scored does make you one right? Undecided

baghban

[31]Mar 30, 2011
    lynna12000 wrote:
    As I stated in previous posts, the rating for the show isn't determined just by the people who post reviews. There are also people who rate the show without reviewing it.

When this forum was first posted, the ratings WERE low. And not just for the second season. In the nearly 6 months since, there have been more people rating the show, not necessarily reviewing it.

I have NOT claimed the show is a 10 all the time. There have been a few clunkers. But it certainly rates higher than YOU say it does.

I posted the same comment on Family Guy forums. The ratings does not reflect the quality of the show, or the episode. It's even misguiding.

If you want to see if the episode is good & decent or not, just read the reviews.

There are so many shows that doesn't deserve such high ratings. I gave the example of Glee, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

By coincidence, I checked the ratings of CSI Miami, and got kind of shocked. 8.6-8.8 for CSI Miami episodes???? What the heck.

If people give such high votes for CSI Miami, to a detective who is solving crimes by moving his sunglasses, then there is nothing we can do about it

Dec1964

[32]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 33

blue_fish24 wrote:
    The ratings don't necessarily accurately reflect the opinions of everyone who watches the show. Some people rate every single episode a 10, while others who dislike the show still watch it and rate every episode very low.

My ratings for this show has always been a 8, 9 or 10.

Dec1964

[33]Feb 6, 2013

pgsuperfan wrote:

Just wondering why this forum rates this show so low each week ??

I wasn't going to say anything but there are Trolls on these forums who have nothing better

to do then give low User Ratings. Whether they love this show or other TV Shows, that is

a fact, they get a twisted pleasure out of it. I only Post & Rate & write reviews on the TV

Shows that i love, but this has no effect on actuall TV Ratings. Do you really

think NCIS:LA Ratings would be less than 15 Million, while 25 Million people watch NCIS.

Those are the Ratings that concern me, other wise my other favorite show Vegas

would be axed, that Forum hardly gets any attention.

Edited on 02/06/2013 4:02am

graindesable

[34]Feb 6, 2013
    If everyone did what you're doing, eg only reviewing shows that we love, we wouldn't debate on it. Personnaly, sometimes I find NCIS LA a mediocre show, sometimes, I find it completely dumb. So I state my opinion by giving the show mediocre to very bad ratings, not every week but almost every week. I'm not doing that to annoy lovers of the show because frankly, I don't care much about them. But as I review the shows I like on TV.com, I may as well review shows I don't like and explain why. It's like a teacher : he can't only grade good students ; he must also grade bad ones. And anyway, why are you complaining ? Your show still airs ! I've reviewed great shows that I loved and that have diappeared after only 13 episodes ! I would so like to be in your place right now !

Dec1964

[35]Feb 19, 2013

graindesable wrote:
    If everyone did what you're doing, eg only reviewing shows that we love, we wouldn't debate on it. Personnaly, sometimes I find NCIS LA a mediocre show, sometimes, I find it completely dumb. So I state my opinion by giving the show mediocre to very bad ratings, not every week but almost every week. I'm not doing that to annoy lovers of the show because frankly, I don't care much about them. But as I review the shows I like on TV.com, I may as well review shows I don't like and explain why. It's like a teacher : he can't only grade good students ; he must also grade bad ones. And anyway, why are you complaining ? Your show still airs ! I've reviewed great shows that I loved and that have diappeared after only 13 episodes ! I would so like to be in your place right now !

If you dont like this show or even just come here to hate on it.

Why...? Does it make you feel good.

Dec1964

[36]Feb 19, 2013

NCIS:LA rates very well, so i see at least 8 seasons.

Trolls are everywhere......!

Addic7ed

[37]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 11

I don't think the genre, or the acting, is the problem with this particular show. I think that if the writers can come up with believable and down to earth stories any show will have very good ratings (and survive). That said, I'm pretty sure that if (or when) the writers stop making it more like the original NCIS this show will improve in every way. It needs to evolve; at least with the Kensi-Deeks thing and maybe (just maybe) a out of the ordinary villain. Don't you think?

Addic7ed

[38]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 11

I agree with you (except that I like the show). There are many shows I loved and were simply gone. So, it just simply depends on what the "executives" think of it. If they think it deserves to continue on the air, it will. Otherwise, they'll just end it. Just like that. Personally, NCIS LA has a lot more to show but it's entirely up to the writers to improve it (or not).

DexterMorgan2

[39]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 22

This show gets 16 million viewers a week, lots of people like it. It's just sometimes people rate it 1 no matter how good the episode is.

Dec1964

[40]Mar 27, 2013

Has the User Ratings on here ever been a 8.5 or a 9.0 coz' lately its been getting worse.