NCIS: Los Angeles Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Will this show be as good as NCIS?

Will this be as good as NCIS?

steele1202

[21]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    nothing is always as good as the orginial. i am so adicted to NCIS. but i do think the new one will be good. i can't wait to watch both. and i hope the link them together from time to time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrcleve

[22]Jun 10, 2009
    darkthunder84 wrote:
    I voted on "Depends on what they change". I am a huge fan of NCIS, and I loved every episode of JAG. I don't want CBS to cancel or end NCIS, merely in order to start up this spinoff. If possible, i'd like to see it run concurrently with NCIS (much like CSI, CSI:NY etc).

Judging by the cast which has been confirmed thus far, this show is aimed more towards a younger audience, although I do hope we get to see Gibb's and his team from time to time as well. If done correctly, this can turn out to be a great show as well, but as I said, they better not cancel NCIS only to start up the spinoff. NCIS is currently CBS's highest rated series, so I doubt it will be cancelled anytime soon.

Man I so agree with you, I am 57 yrs old, retired army, I love the show and even watch the repeats on other networks, I was sad to see JAG cancel as I like Harm and the others, it makes me happy to see one of the old actor from JAG pop in on NCIS. As you said above, the NCIS spinoff looks much as if for the younger crowd, but it was good and I hope we see people from NCIS around, even if just popping by for a brief hello - goodbye.

SMALLVILLE_NCIS

[23]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    listen i think ur right im mean ncis was a spin off but still i dont think the cbs will get lucky twice lets just hope they keep ncis running for a long time

grgwilhm

[24]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    NCIS: Los Angeles is horribly lousy! The acting sucks. All the actors are way too melodramatic. 'Oh no! You two had thing years ago!' DUm-Dun-daaa.(melodramatic music.) P'lease! Its as if they're all doing their best to make a huge big deal out everything. BIG thumbs down from this original NCIS fan.

RAJ6591

[25]Jun 10, 2009

Bring it on.,. I love all the CBS crime dramas

just wish they were all here online to view.,. No doubt

NCIS LA will be a big hit, can`t wait to see it.,. fan from OCMD

margritmorin

[26]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    I totally agree with you DARKTHUNDER84 !!!!
    Edited on 06/10/2009 10:11am

Joninokc007

[27]Jun 10, 2009
    I think the new NCIS will be excellent, after seeing the new characters on the introduction show on the regular NCIS, but they will never be as fun as the original because they will not have ABBY!

vapro2

[28]Jun 10, 2009
    CBS has been showing good crime dramas for a while now, and I don't think this will disappoint. The kickoff was intriguing, and it's nice to get out of the "DC-Virginia" box once in a while. I'll remain optimistic about this one!

KellyRoxton

[29]Jun 10, 2009

Well I'm a HUGE Gibbs fan. He totally rocks the head slaps are priceless. As for the Spin off I voted for no. They just didn't seem to have anything different. In NCIS we have a coroner who talks to the bodies and listens as they talk back. He loves to ramble on and on and we love hearing his stories. Then we have Abby who is a Gothic Beauty and then Gibbs and Tony round out the perfect crew. I mean the others come and go but the core group is GREAT. I was hoping when I heard they were doing a spin off that they would have a FBI Fornell based spin off. That way our usual characters could cross over and play. It's not like the spin off is really close to LA. Hello long flights. The cases won't cross they have their own labs and so on. As for Fornell there is that amniosity between GIbbs and Fornell and seeing as Fornell married an ex wife of Gibbs and they could have gone for episodes even with the use of the other's name and one up manships we could have been laughing all the way to the bank. So I am a little sad that they didn't think of this idea before they pushed through the other series. Does anyone out there also agree with me???

nnelNCIS

[30]Jun 10, 2009
    NOTHING can beat NCIS. They are like my friends, I owned the boxed sets of seasons 1 -5 and cannot wait for season 6 to come out on a boxed set. I can watch them over and over. A good additional will be NCIS: OSP or NCIS: Los Angeles as long as they DO NOT TAMPER WITH THE ORIGINAL NCIS!!!!!

iciclef

[31]Jun 10, 2009
    Abby is an example of "can't jusge a book by it's cover" and I think if given a chance her character can be expanded to an even more integral part of NCIS.

grouch101

[32]Jun 10, 2009
    I hope it is as good as the original. NCIS is one of the best shows to come along in a long time, so the new one has a high standard to live up to for me to keep tuning in, like i do for Gibbs and the crew. Break a leg guys.

daldeto

[33]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    i thinks going to be stupid ncis all about undercover missions sounds like a show with no variety

esm50

[34]Jun 10, 2009
    Seems to be too much like CSI, more Tech than Grit. Hope the real NCIS stays as is.

pjjartist

[35]Jun 10, 2009

I really love NCIS as I did JAG, if they add NCIS LA and if it is realistic that would be OK, however I do not want to lose Gibbs and all the characters on NCIS. The group seems to work and that click is what keeps the show exciting to watch. Some of the new programs that are presented to us after the first 15 minutes you know the outcome and the rest of the show is just the icing.

When JAG was on I really Liked the click that David James Elliot and Cathrine Bell had the cat and mouse game was great. I enjoyed the plots and the interactions that the characters had between them, especially showing the service men can still function with amputations, the development of new and creative medical treatments that are developed because of war and the enter actions was relevant to the times we are living.

deeann7

[36]Jun 11, 2009
    No way! The acting in amazing on NCIS and the characters are all unique. There is no way they can find a another cast that good!

helen93

[37]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    HipHopGrandma wrote:
    A lot will depend on cast interaction. What makes NCIS so good is the way the cast members seem to have chemistry - who doesn't love Gibbs, Ducky, Abby, Ziva, McGee, and even DiNozzo?

I totally agree!However, I would put DiNozzo first on the list!

Medbooks4

[38]Jul 11, 2009
    I voted it depends on What they changed to. I really like the NCIS cast. I really Hope Gibbs will be back I just got my I love Gibbs Shirt from Cafe Press http://shop.cafepress.com/sk/441/s_ncis. I'm Counting the days until Sept. 22 8:00 ET/PT. Mark Harmon is the Best.

Medbooks4

[39]Jul 11, 2009
    I messed up my earllier post. I ment to say Ziva David not gibbs... series 6 flash back I guess

Prup-aka-JBentn

[40]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 10

I had a lot of hopes for this, but, having finally seen "Legend" I 'ha'e me doots.' The characters were boring, they became invisible whenever one of the "Old Crew' came on stage, and the high0tech surveilance bothers me. As many of you say, the key to NCIS is the characters -- all of whom, except Gibbs 'play against types' beautifully. But only Macy stood out, and she's been kicked off the show -- though the psychologist had possibilities. But I have a hunch this one will tank badly -- anyone npoticed how little publicity CBS is giving it.

Hope I'm wrong, though.