NCIS: Los Angeles

Identity

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 22, 2009 on CBS

7.1
  • The Pilot episode finds Callen returning to work for the first time since being shot. A Navy Captain is killed by what seem to be kidnappers in a gun battle with the LA police. Everything including a young girls kidnapping is related to the drug wars.

Beginning with new digs this is supposedly a faster paced version of NCIS. LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell star as a pair of NCIS Special Agents who work undercover to solve national and international threats to the US.

This first episode involves the Mexican Drug Cartels and the kidnapping of a young girl to manipulate her Uncle to do things he normally wouldn't. Things go wrong and the Uncle who is a decorated Navy Captain is killed. So his death is investigated by NCIS.

Complete with a professional extraction team who is run by the Navy Captain's friend and a father who turns out to have worked with a major Mexican Drug Dealer for the last six years. That last piece of information was suppose to be the twist, but it was pretty obvious before they revealed this piece of information that the father was behind the kidnapping. I thought it was a little strange that the mother passed the phone to the NCIS Agent Blye.

Overall a very professional show with a lot to live up too. Giving it its due this is the first episode so I think we have to give it a chance and forget it is NCIS for a while. I look for this show to improve a great deal over this first episode. Thanks for reading...
CBS