NCIS: Los Angeles

Killshot

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 20, 2009 on CBS

6.7
  • Finally, a real NCIS episode.

Just when I was starting to fear that this show wasn't really about an NCIS team, but the Navy's answer to Starsky and Hutch, we finally get an episode that makes full use of the whole team.

Up til now, unlike the original series of NCIS where each member of Gibb's team works independently of one another, to advance the goal of finding the suspect, in NCIS LA each team member's major role was to support Callen and Hanna in their efforts. I was almost going to argue, just call this show Callen and Hanna (hence the Starsky and Hutch reference) and let's have another NCIS spinoff, a series that makes use of the whole team as individual valuable assets.

Then along came this marvellous episode, where all the members were allowed to shine. Finally! This is what I had been waiting for.

(Anyway Callen and Hanna couldn't pull off a Starsky and Hutch, nor even a Cagney and Lacey, as I still think they haven't any real chemistry together, to pull it off.)

Even Operational Psychologist Nate Getz, who has been to date quite underused –expect for the Legends episode- proved his worth. I hope the writers keep it up.

As well, we finally found out Hetty Lange's role; so she is the team leader. Despite her mysterious past, she is no Special Agent Lara Macy, whom is still sorely missed.

Now the team needs to get its own Abby and Duckie equivalent, and they'll be all set.

An enjoyable story. Keep it up.