NCIS: Los Angeles

Lange, H.

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 20, 2011 on CBS

7.3

5.5

I did not like the NCIS season premiere, and the NCIS: LA premiere was not any better. All of the fun of the show was ripped from this show in this episode as the action was limited and we had to deal with an odd and unnecessary undercover conquest.

We did not get any comedy, no witty banter (outside of the geeks in the computer room) and we did not really move forward with our impressions of any of these characters. People wanted pizazz, but they sure did not get that here.

• Good

I liked this episode, I thought the character of Lauren Hunter was not needed. To me she just didn't fit in with the other characters. I was glad that we got more information on Callen's past and I think it is just the tip of the iceberg on Callen's Past.

• Superb and amazing showing!

NCIS:Los Angeles commences its third season in absolutely spectacular form. This episode was exceptionally suspenseful with a multitude of twists and turns and a whole lot of drama and revelations - not to mention the exceptional cliffhanger at the very end.

There is a lot of great things to say about this storyline, but I truly do not wish to spoil it for those who are yet to view. Callen's mysterious past gets a tad bit clearer, and Hetty's past comes into question as well - not to metnion the twist with Lauren Hunter!

All up, and absolutely superb start to NCISLos Angeles. Compare this to the start of the latest NCIS Series (9), which was abhorrent at best. The spin-off has absolutely unequivocaly surpassed the paretn show.