NCIS: Los Angeles

LD50

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 02, 2010 on CBS

6.6
  • Botulin toxin

A botulin toxin is about to be released in a LA mall and the NCIS team do not know where it is. They randomly pick two malls and it is there in one of them. YEAH LOL the chances of that being possible are miniscule. So once again only in Hollywood is that possible. Of course there is the cliche diving to save the bottle before it breaks. Note to writers how about making it a bit more realistic.
  • Sam is still having problems with Dom's disappearance. Five men are found dead from a deadly toxin. An older woman is found to have helped perfect the toxin. G, Sam, and the team must infiltrate and stop the sale of the toxin to the open market.

Overall not a bad episode. The acting was fine, but there were a lot of holes in the story and in the end only sheer luck really save the day. Usually you find with these shows the expertise is what gets them through. In this case it was flying by the seat of their collective pants. Not that there was a lack of action. Just the opposite, but action for actions sake is not always good. I like how the team is working together. They are looking to at least temporarily replace Dom, but Sam is not helping as he is having trouble moving on which is understandable.

The case was interesting and using the woman with the failing faculties was a nice twist. I guess the Dutchman didn't see the authorities making that connection or he never would have let her live. That was what eventually did him in.

The sequence at the end was a mess, but exciting. The gun shots, stabbings, screaming, and then the chasing around the mall was pretty fast paced. It all did leave one speculating on the reality of such an operation and how it might really go.

I did enjoy the episode and suppose it should be left up to the individual to decide on the quality. I'm wondering now if they will replace Dom and with who. Thanks for reading...
  • Just sort of there.

NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles are known for their banter in the opening scene, usually lasting about 5 minutes, and then the crew gets down to business after that. But when the jokes were not there to start the show off, and the annoying chemical drug fare storyline was the mystery planned for today, you knew you were not in for a particularly engaging episode.

I am not writing this show off, as it is still doing monster numbers for the network, but when NCIS ends its run will the viewers stick with this program? I have my doubts about that. The show really needs to add another female.
  • Wow! I absolutely loved it!

This was another sensational episode, in my opinion, and it was the second consecutive amazing episode. The storyline to this was quite unique and very intriguing, but it did remind me of 'SWAK', from its parent show.

I thought the storyline was sensational, but I was expecting a little more about Dom. However, the case was brilliant, and I loved Sam as a undercover businessman! Great role!

The episode also had its fair share of funny moments, such as Hetty appeareing on that spy-cam. Quite freaky indeed!

Overall, it certainly is an episode worthy of watching again! If the show continues like how it has been going in the last two episodes, I'm sure it will be extremely successfull. It's only a matter of time!
CBS