NCIS: Los Angeles

Predator

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 06, 2009 on CBS

6.8
  • Yet another enjoyable episode.

The show is continuting to get much better, in my opinion, and this is portrayed quite well in this episode.

The storyline to this one is a little weird at first, but it turned into an extremely entertaining case as the episode continued on.

There were some hilarious moments, especially when Kensi gave that lecture, and I was laughing really hard at that moment. That was magnificent!

I also thought that the case was rather suspenseful and I immensely enjoyed the ending.

So far, I think the show is improving, and it has potential, but to me, it doesn't seem like NCIS, but a completely different show.

I would recommend this as it is a very enjoyable episode!
  • NCIS LA a.k.a. Knightrider sans KIT

Sorry all. Think NCIS is one of the best shows out there for the last while - up there with Supernatural.

But NCIS LA?
    Apart from Chris O - there are no likable or believable characters at all. LL as an ex-Seal - just do not buy it at all - a bit like saying Gibbs used to work in McFry's.

The interplay and all the running about with the gadgets - just has me thinking back to Knightrider - with LL playing the part of KAR - angry and impotent. Know this will upset a lot of folk - but I had great hopes for this show after the NCIS episode last season - but now after watching 3 of these "Knightrider" knock-offs I think it is finally time to admit defeat and try to find something a bit more engaging. Who knows maybe someone is showing repeats of last years Knightrider - at least KIT is in that show.

• Callen and Hanna investigate how a hellfire drone killed a marine.

Solid episode, realistic as well. This show is holding its own that it doesn't feel like a spinoff. You are starting to know and like the characters.

I like the plot about the hellfire drone. Typically when you hear about these drones by the corporate media, they always put a positive spin on it, where it becomes more propaganda than anything else.

NCIS decided to play Devi's advocate and show us what could wrong. The hellfire drone not only misses its target, but kills a marine, then gets stolen by a hacker.

The episodes takes a couple different twists when several key suspects die leaving you to wonder what will happen next. It was a thrilling episode to the end.

Kensi has a big role in this episode as does Nate and Tommy. Callen and Hanna get in on the action too, but they made a decent enough script to let the supporting cast grow.
  • An unmanned drone with a Hellfire missle goes missing.

The concept of this episode is interesting, and scary. As for the reality of the situation not possible, no undercover NCIS agents have the authority over civilians off base. The show has potential, but there is no cast chemistry like NCIS, it is a two man show with a few people there for window dressing. What does Linda Hunt do? Her best lines so far were when she just stares at people.
    If they do not have better integration of the rest of the cast this show will not last. I never thought that way when NCIS started, but this one leaves me wondering.
    I know I am going to get a lot of people who disagree with this review, but the show is just mediocre so far, good action but not much cast cohesion.
  • UAV IS AIRBORNE!

7.3
    NCIS: Los Angeles really is filling the void that was left by The Unit when CBS pulled the plug on that franchise in May. Fresh, exciting action-packed drama with interesting characters and fast-moving writing. You really cannot ask for more.

LL Cool J has been doing very well in the first three episodes portraying a believable character. You may not hear his name called at the Emmys next year, but he has certainly leaped into the acting field a lot more successfully than Ludacris, for example, whose "performances" are as wooden and completely scripted as they come.

I am okay with Los Angeles focusing on some of the supporting cast, but it is clear the best dynamic for this show is between Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J. Giving too much time to the lesser characters could deter viewers.
  • When a Predator Unmanned flight goes haywire and disappears the team is called in as a Marine was killed by the missile strike. The Predator was loaded with two missiles and it goes missing with one still intact somewhere in the Los Angeles area.

The best episode of NCIS: Los Angeles so far. The whole team plays a much bigger role in this episode and even though they are still rough around the edges everyone seems to be working out.

This episode turns very serious when it becomes clear that there is a missing Drone out somewhere with a live missile attached to it. Someone hacked the system and the team needs to chase down the trail of suspects.

I really enjoyed the direction the show went with each of the different people of the team getting involved in the operation. I especially enjoyed the second tier characters Special Agent Kensi Blye played by Daniela Ruah as she played the fake hacker. Also Agent Dominic Vaile played by Adam Jamal Craig who's still maybe a little too sensitive for this job. Finally their Computer Specialist Eric Beal played by Barrett Foa who seems to make miracles occur daily.

It was very interesting in the end how all of the pieces fit together. The guy who worked for the tech company, who tied to the hacker, who tied to the former Afghan Military Officer, who then was tied to the guy who they had no real reason to suspect until they realized who he was related too.

G and Sam seem to be getting smoother working together as well. The end sequence with everyone was pretty cool. An enjoyable episode and in this case I think the student trumped the teacher for the first time. Thanks for reading...
CLOO