NCIS: Los Angeles

Red: Part One

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 19, 2013 on CBS

7.1
  • Red Part One

I was intrigued by the potential backdoor pilot, the characters seemed interesting, but this episode was a little bit slow-moving and lacked that infamous NCIS wit throughout.

Not bad, but it could have been written to accentuate the strengths of both the LA and the Red teams better.
  • Interesting!

This was an interesting episode which acts as a pilot to a new NCIS spin-off, which sadly looks like it won't be happening. :( I wouldn't ever say no to another hour of NCIS every week!

What I really liked were first and foremost - Kim Raver! She is brilliant! And it really upset me that they're not going ahead with NCIS: Red because Kim Raver would be perfect in it!

The other characters didn't excite me all that much, although some of their storylines were kinda interesting. That other girl was all right.

What I didn't like about hte episode was the first scene. That snow and stuff was a nice change to the LA climate, but I couldn't see what was happening! They need to be more careful with that.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it, and wish this was picked up by CBS! :( Oh well, at least there is another hour of it next week!
  • NCIS:Red

This episode shows how far NCIS has come with another two part episode for the new spin off like the Legend episodes The new team is called NCIS:Red and because their case collides with one from NCIS LA it means they work together to stop a terrorist taking them from Idaho to LA It's hard to tell at this stage whether the Red team will gel as well as the original NCIS and NCIS LA but overall it was a fairly good start and I am looking forward to watching the second part.
  • Not another spin-off please

Another one will be a disaster! And if the writers are thinking of making G and Paris a "couple", they'd have to solve the Kensi and Deeks "thing". Regarding the episode, I think it's an average one. More of the same. Please spice things up (Kensi/Deeks) already and a little bit more of action would be nice (the team can lose a fist fight once in a while, don't you think? They're not invincible).
  • Red will ride on.

I thought the flirting was cute between G and Paris Summerskill. I know they won't have anything after this weeks 2nd part. She now will have to handle her interactions with her ex, Roy Haines. He really didn't get a chance to do much. Hopefully his back story doesn't fade as we go along. Some shows that happens.

I don't really know Kim Raver. I look on IMDB and maybe saw 24 once, and Third Watch once. So she is pretty new to me. Those 2 shows were ones no one in house but me was interested in watching, so we didn't.

The member I was worried about was Kenneth Mitchell who plays Special Agent Danny Gallagher . The one injured and that John Corbett as Roy Hines takes his place on team. Mitchell played on Ghost Whisperer. Then played mostly bad guys, on Without A Trace, Lie To Me, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Hawaii Five-o, Law And Order: LA, Detroit 1-8-7, Castle, Body Of Proof and CSI. So I was hoping he would catch on here. But chances are as shows have done lately is eliminate someone on the team early for more drama. So he may not be back. I hope he is, and they at least mention him in Part 2. It makes it more real.

I like all the members. They had good interaction with G's team. Time will tell how it works. The leaky Tractor Trailer Mobile Headquarters was nice. G, Sam and then Granger bunking together was cute. G's shoe flip and catch was nice too, wonder how many tries it took? It was snowing but the SUV wasn't covered with snow. Story line of Gunny Sargent Edward and Achmed Santoso being dead was harder to follow. And Santoso lost his shoes? We find the OCD killer wore them. And left them by a tree. But he had 2 thousand in his pocket. It amazes me that the killers don't take it. Maybe the Police will at first at least think robbery? And heck, there is some spending money, even if you drop it somewhere.

The Ford snow plow hitting the Suburban and after team took shots at it, it was announced when it was found empty, that Hetty was hiding in it. That was cute. Not sure who said it. But Danny Gallagher was hit. That's how Roy comes in. Sam later bangs the Excursion into the Econoline van of Robert Spears, Ari Sayed and others headed for the airport. Hetty wasn't happy to see terrorist Ari Sayed on video surveillance. She said,"buggar". But after shoot out,Spears Escapes, and must be Sayed id wounded? All others are dead.

Hetty still don't trust Assistant Director Owen Granger. Nor do I. Roy Haines and Paris have a history. She slapped him and later at the shooting range told G, "Roy didn't stay down!" Interesting! Hetty told him about job Redemption! We will see!
  • Callen and Paris Anyone

I am glad Sam did mention Paris would be good for callen because he does not have a girlfriend that we know of and Paris would be perfect for Callen because they are both single i think and He was in pressed that she can fight her own battles and so can he so I think i am on team CaParis
  • Interesting!!!!!!!

Very good and was different in bringing in a new NCIS team (Red) with a new 'romance' possibly.

As much as I dislike 2 part shows, I also enjoy watching them because they can be much more indepth than in just a 45 min. show..

Looking forward to part 2.
  • Great ensemble for the Red team!

Ok, I was kind of hesitant to watch the episode last night since the NCIS franchise is planning another spin off. But I was sold with the cast and their chemistry and having a female tam leader who is fierce. I love Paris and G' screen time. There is definitely chemistry there which I think wwould be a good story line for the writers and directors to explore. It seems that Callen is certainly smitten with Paris and vice versa. Although it'll be interesting to see the real story between her and Roy, which if Red does get pick up then it'll be a while before we all know the whole thing. I love how Sam didnt beat round the bush regarding Paris to Callen when they were alone in the sleeping quarters and Calen didn't really deny the comment made! I mean even though they didn't have any relatn ship back in Grey's Anatomy, Dr. Altman and Dr. Finn certainly are back on the same screen again still saving lives just with guns not surgeries. I certainly also enjoyed the scenes with Kensi and Deeks as always. Deeks being hesitant to open the box thinking that it is a prank from Kensi. At least we know that it is a birthday present but can't he just open the box so we'll know!

Another thing that really was a surprise was Saleem! I thought the guy was dead after Gibbs shot him back in season 7 when they rescued Ziva from Somalia? I wasn't sure if his name was mention, albeit a different one, during the episode. I guess we'll see what happens next. I cannot wait for next week for part two.
  • Red Team

5.5
    Kim Raver did a good job.

Gillian Alexi has a nice accent.

John Corbett was on screen for no discernible reason.
  • Los Angeles.

NCIS:Red joins Los Angeles team, not the episode i thought it was going to be but enjoyed the first part. So Paris & Roy have history, just when i thought there was sexual tension between Paris & "G", when is part 2.
  • Please pronouce MOSCOW correctly!

Thanks for the air time for Moscow, Idaho, but you should have taken the time to learn how to pronounce it. It isn't MOSS-COW, like Russia, it is MOSS-COE, as in CO-op, CO-captain, CO-conspirator, etc. Good job on bringing El Centro in...
CBS