NCIS: Los Angeles

TesserT

NCIS: Los Angeles Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

7.4
  • Keep team together

Like the show with Kensi better, still good but she is important.
  • bring back Kensi

4.5
    Sending Kensi off like the script called for was very unrealistic; For an experienced and respected partner, both Granger and Hedy treated her rudely and unprofessional. Kensi deserved better treatment. I expected Hedy to approach Kensi in a collaborative role, but instead Hedy and Granger dismissed like an insubordinate and like she was a child; really thats how the script writers thought the relationship between Deeks and Kensi should be handled; sounds like they were making it up as they went adds nothing but annoyance and insult to the show; How Hedy can go along with how Granger treats her team is demeaning to her and her team; didn't she use to protect her team from Granger?Nell is ridiculous as Deeks partner. Bad enough she looks like she is 12, but to put her in the field is so unrealistic- and insulting to Kensi; also to have Hedy supporting that move discredits her usual strength. I think the script writers are losing their focus on Hedy's role as a leader and wise person. Nell needs to go back to her "tech" job- that is a fit for her- plus she looked so uncomfortable in being out there in the field and i doubt if the rest of the team feel that Nell will have their backs as Kensi always did. Too bad Callen, Sam and Deeks didn't speak up- they don't look too happy either.
  • The Best Movie Ever!

That's the best movie i ever watch in my life!
  • Noise Pollution

Is it just me or have they amped up the music and background noise more every season. It's just about impossible to hear the dialog any more. I like the show but it's not much fun if you can't hear the people.
  • Better than I originally thought.

I recently caught reruns on USA or TNT.... Whatever channel airs them. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the episode. I remember originally trying to watch it in season one and thinking it was just okay. It was decent but not enough to catch my attention. However, I caught 2 episodes in a row from season 2 and was blown away by how much better it was. I ended up going back and rewatching the entire series. It really started to pick up towards the end of season one story wise and character wise. It really found its footing in season 2 with the addition to the cast and with regulating Nate to a few episodes a season. The cast now are work well together and the chemistry on screen is great. Deeks hads a lighter side to the show with witty banter. I will say that LA can be over the top action at times but to be honest im okay with that. Its like being at the movies. What action movie these days are realistic. I was never a faithful NCIS fan because it was an easy show to just pop in and out and still keep up. It was your basic cop procedural. Just story of the week without much character background. However with NCIS LA I now find myself really embracing the characters and the partnerships. We get that procedural aspect but we also get character movement. I actually find myself wanted to catch this show everyweek unlike its predecessor. It summary if your looking to judge it against the original you might be disappointed but if you go in looking at it as a new show you might find your self surprised.
  • So improved

I tried watching the first two episodes of NCIS Los Angeles and gave up. As someone else commented, the background music was so intrusive each time they tried to introduce some comedy into the show and the characters didn't gel to me. Anyway, I decided to give it another try and watched the season 5 opener - and now I'm totally hooked. You can thank the introduction of Deeks. I love his character and love the chemistry between him and Kensi. And having now watched every episode since his introduction, I've also developed an appreciation for all the characters. What a brilliant piece of casting by Shane Brennan to have Linda Hunt play Hetty - she's another reason why I now love this show. G and Sam seem to have developed a good rapport as the series has progressed and that's helped the show as well. I do think the storylines are a little too Sam/G focussed but this season has been an excellent one for some Deeks/Kensi scenes and from what SB has said, it looks like there'll be plenty more this season. My advice to anyone who watched the first season and gave up on it - then give it another try.
  • Definately Over The Top

I have enjoyed this program and the relationships between people. The action has been good and consistently creative. However introducing the heavy level of torture in the season finale is making me wonder if I want to watch next season at all. It was totally over the top especially given the type of violence out in the streets today. The writers were scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with a season finale to create the typical cliffhanger for the year. It was totally unacceptable to me and as such I will no longer support any of the advertisers for the program if this type of writing continues.
  • DENSI.

At first, I wasnt too keen on watching this show but when I got to know Marty Deeks and Kensi Blye, I just couldn't stop watching it. They are perfect! Just get together please! and have "little mutant ninja assassins". I love the banter between them! I'd probably stop watching if they took out Densi. On the other hand, I enjoy watching Sam and Eric! Overall, I love NCIS:LA.
  • falling show ....

I used to enjoy this show, but this season seems to be worse at each new episode. Gave up watching this .... Only the "real" NCIS keeps worth watching ...
  • Invisible

Why is it when the team(s) are staking out suspects whilst in a car they can openly sit on empty streets, a matter of metres from what/who they are targeting and NOT be seen? This is not an isolated incident. Rather it is repeated in lots of episodes. Maybe NCIS have the vehicular equivalent of the "cloak of invisibility". Or maybe the criminals/terrorists are so relaxed that they never look around them when leaving wherever they are. Then again, the 'bad guys' could all be visually impaired and have left their guide dogs at home. Get real NCIS.
  • Might as well be called the Sam and Callen show.....

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the show. That being said, however, there is WAY too much man power. I'm not trying to be a feminist, but SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Ziva and Abby get plenty of action on the original. This show feels like Sam and Callen are the main characters, and everyone else is just tagging along. I want more Kensi!!! And I DEFINITELY want more DENSI!!!!
  • Ah, the wonderful world of Densi

If you watch NCIS: LA and you're interested in shipping, one of the most popular ships of choose is Densi (unless you're a CaKe shipper which is a totally different story). Even if you're not experienced in the shipping world, if you watch NCIS: LA the attraction between Deeks and Kensi is more than a little obvious. Densi, in my opinion, is one of my favorite things about NCIS: LA. Their cases are so-so, the eye candy is brilliant, and the scripts are witty enough. But what really sets this show apart from others is the chemistry between a certain blond LAPD liason and a certain brunette NCIS agent (though I do love my Neric as well).

I love Densi- it's fresh, fun, and cute. It's different from, say, the Tiva relationship on NCIS because it's newer. Tiva has so much history, and though Deeks and Kensi have a little, it's not enough to make them occasionally act like they're a married couple who know way more about the other person then they should. (Well, maybe SOMETIMES they do :) )

I'm really afraid that much like the writers of NCIS did with Tiva, the writers of NCIS: LA will drag out this flirty, fluffy stage of the Densi relationship. I love watching them get all flustered and banter-y on screen as the next person, but could you really imagine this show going on until season ten without so much as a kiss between Deeks and Kensi when they're not under cover? As rabid an NCIS: LA fan I am, I don't know if I can spread my shipper heart out six more years with just the same old same old jokes, wit, and if we're lucky the occasional jealousy. But like all good captains, I do believe I'll probably go down with my ship.

I think I'm speaking for a large majority of Densi shippers when I give Deeks and Kensi this one piece of advice: JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!!

Sadly, I honestly don't think season four will be the year of Densi. It's definitely going to be the year of Neric; they basically came right out and said it. If it did happen, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised. As for season four, at this point I'm just crossing my fingers for a hug or an emotional scene or SOMETHING (anything) us Densi shippers can latch onto and stay satisfied, for a little while anyways. I really hope they cover the topics of Jack (Kensi's PTSD-ridden x-fiance), more of Kensi's life on the streets when she ran away (there's still so much to discuss; she was only fifteen. How did she manage high school with good enough grades to get into a descent college?), and more about Deeks' father, considering it's such a touchy-feely topic for him (as it well should be). All of these topics have amazing Densi potential.

The writers should be proud; their third spin-off of two amazing shows turned out great, they've made great chemistry for a team, and they've created a fenomenal relationship that's somehow different from all of the usual agent/agent partnerships. They've set themselves up for something great, and I know that when the time comes, they will deliver it perfectly. I just hope for the sake of my fandom that the time comes sooner than later!
  • Rocking show

I love this show because i am a fan of the show and the original show too. Kensi and Deeks need to date because there is something in the air with them. G and Sam a tag team you do not want to mess with because if you mess with there women friends they will come after you.
  • background music and more back ground music

why all the background music?. from start to finish . cant hear the actors for the *** music. stop the music
  • Drones shouldn't be used to assassinate people nor sell commercials

1.5
    I may have to bid adieu to my favorite actress, Ms Hunt. Romanticizing drone attacks is beyond my sensibilities. And there is nothing real about this episode. After a drone attack the US doesn't go in to identify the remains pursuant to international laws of war. And there is nothing to retrieve to test for DNA once humans are obliterated by hellfire missiles. I won't vote for either Romney nor oBama as both argue that they can assassinate more people than the other. What a campaign promise. Apojigo (dot) com/JohnDickinson

Read more tv spoilers at: http://www.tvfanatic.com/profiles/john-dickinson/
  • NCIS & NCIS Los Angeles

I love anything that has Mark Harmon in it!! I do need some help tho. Is there anyone out there who can tell me if there's a website

where I can watch full episodes of past ncis and ncis Los Angeles shows?? I have searched EVERYWHERE!! If you can answer my question please send the answer to my email because I'm not very computer savvy and ill probably never find THIS page again to see if I got any answers!!

It is: sandra88883@live. Thanks for any help. 10.0
  • This show must continue!

This one shouldn't be on hiatus! It's awesome. I expect to see it on the air on Sept. 25th.
  • THE BEST SHOW ON TV......LOVE IT

Callen is the best....a real tuff cookie but a gentle heart.....Love the cast Sam, Kinsey, Hetty, and not to forget Deeks the newbie...Keep them coming I never leave home on Tuesday at 9:00....My favorite show on TV and I am buying the DVD's so I can watch them over and over.

Love it.....CBS THE PLACE TO WATCH
  • I love this Show

Really like Callen and his relationship with Hetty. Like the comedy of Deeks and Kensie but it is getting to be a bit too much. Keep them as it was when Deeks first appeared. I would like to see more Callen and him finding out more about his family and past. Hopefully he finds his father and would be nice to see him find a nice girl, not like Hunter, someone younger and softer. Maybe he can meet Hettys neice?? Anyway keep the show coming and I will watch it. My favouite show on tv.
  • It's like a good wine, it keeps getting better with age...

I remember not connecting well with the pilot when I viewed the cross-over episode, while mildly enjoyable I didn't feel the connection to the characters like I did with NCIS. However only recently have a started watching from season 2 and I have loved the changes they have made to the show. The introduction of Deeks and Nell, and pushing Nate back into a recurring role has revitalised the show and given it some new dynamics (as well as replacing that lead woman with Linda Hunt).

The show is fast paced and adrenaline inducing, there are great chemistry's between the lead's from the bromance of Callen and Sam, to the sparks that constantly fly between Kensi and Deeks. Personally I find Eric a little flat, but Nell is always peppy and entertaining. Of course Hetty is the glue that holds the team together, and her relationship with the team and Callen particularly, is always great to watch.

While I watch both NCIS and NCIS: LA I wouldn't be able to comfortably compare the shows, it feels like they come from different worlds, LA has the explosions, constant under-cover work and wildly extreme cases. From my recent viewings I'm actually surprised to be finding the LA counterpart more amusing than the recent seasons of the original.

Overall, I would definitely suggest you give this show a chance, skip most of the first season, highlight episodes start from 1x15 'The bank job' and continue forward as Deeks is introduced, from there it only gets better. Stand out second season finale and first episode of the third season, with many brilliant stand alone episodes.

I look forward to watching this team grow over the (hopefully) many seasons to come!
  • Awesome Cop Show

For another criminal investigation show, LA really do it! The cast is awesome, love the storyline- Callen trying to discover his identity. Since Deeks' introduction the show's also become a lot funnier as well. The action is awesome, the drama is awesome, Dom's death was sad, but everything else is awesome!
  • Great Characters, Perfect Action and Graphics, Great Plots

All the characters are of different backgrounds and ages. BUT, they work so well together as a team. LL Cool J definitely is an actor to keep up with. I think Linda Hunt is the perfect chief if I must say. Each episode covers and describes what life is as a hero and a criminal... this is what keeps NCIS on my list of must-watch. Action packed, suspenseful, and humorous are words to describe the majority of the episodes. I try not to miss an episode... can you blame me?!
  • Better Now than the Original Reviews

In my opinion, NCIS: LA is now, in its third season, a much better show than the old reviews of season one would lead you to believe. I didn't care for the first season (in fact didn't watch past the pilot) and have just recently returned to the show.

First, this is not the original NCIS and nor should it be. NCIS is a pretty straight up, cookie cutter police procedural. NCIS: LA is more of an action show with wild shootups, car chases, explosions, and far less police-type work (interviewing witnesses, interrogating suspects, etc) than a traditional cop procedural.

Also, NCIS: LA doesn't take itself very seriously. It's usually over the top and the plots often pay little heed to realism. It's the jumping into and out of helicopters and other crazy stunts that JAG (both NCIS' predecessor) sometimes was, and that NCIS was supposed to be but isn't.

If you go into the show knowing all of the above and willing to turn your brain off and not nitpick every little (and not so little) plot hole and insane thing, then you'll enjoy it. Like I said, this isn't a realistic cop drama/procedural. It's an action show.

In its third season, I think NCIS: LA has found its footing and a good balance of screentime/storytelling for each character. The first season felt like a buddy show for the Sam and Callen characters, to the point the whole series felt like little more than a vehicle for O'Donnel and LL Cool J's banter. However, more time has been devoted to the others and their backstories fleshed out. There's a fair amount of time devoted to the characters and their relationships.

Overall, I think NCIS: LA is worth a chance - or a second look - because I believe it's a quite improved show now than it was at its premiere.
  • Callen & Sam?

I love the show but i have been finding the recent Sam & Callen scenes/episodes extremely boring. I have to resist skipping through them. Thumbs up if you agree.
  • Intriguing character mix, sometimes poorly served by the writers.

The original NCIS set a very high standard for an ensemble cast, and with several other very high quality law based programmes, NCIS: LA was always going to have to really hit the heights to be noticed.

And that is where there is a certain level of frustration in watching it. The cast are great, headed up by Oscar-winner Linda Hunt, who is always good value to watch. Sometimes the writing rather lets them down. The first season was all about finding its feet, and it did, but the second season seemed a bit more patchy.

In season 3 the solution to the mystery of G Callen made for compelling watching, so the next two episodes were bound to struggle a little by comparison, they were however strong episodes, but the two most recent have been rather disappointing. Some loose ends, confusing set ups, strange comedy situations, I had expected better. A bit of a shame, I would have given season 1 an 8, season 2 a 7.5, but season 3 only scores a 6.5 as of now. I will continue watching, things may pick up.

• Awesome show with loads of action and interesting characters that aren't the same as all the rest.

Loving this show. I caught it mid season and was rivetted to the seat. This is much better than some of the crim based shows out there. The main characters are interesting and actually have some personality!!! Even the secondary characters are interesting. I'm hoping they do A LOT on Eric who is just absolutely gorgeous despite the ugliest pair of glasses on the planet. I don't want this show to go the way of Criminal Minds where the characters don't change or grow anymore and the gruesome murder story is the only thing holding the series together. But that Eric Beals character - mmmmmmmm!
  • After one and a half seasons, it is safe to assume that the spin-off from the fabulous NCIS is just as awesome!

NCIS: Los Angeles is a fabulous show, acting as the spin-off of NCIS, which is just as amazing.

Within the first one and a half seasons, we have had all sorts of great episodes. The cases on the show are intense and brilliant, and they get to showcase the beautiful city of Los Angeles, from Hollywood in the episode 'Fame', to the beaches in 'The Only Easy Day', to the deserts in 'Ambush' and 'Borderline' and all the way to the suburbs, in episodes like 'Identity', 'Past Lives' and 'Black Widow'. They are truly doing a magnificent job of portraying the different sides to Los Angeles, and that is why the script and cases are fresh and innovative.

I think the characters are also amazing. You have G. Callen (Chris O'Donnell), who is a mystery, even to himself. Then there is Sam Hanna (LL Cool J), who looks tough on the outside, but supposedly smells like baby powder. You have Kensi Blye (Daniela Ruah), who can very much mix it up with the guys and Hetty Lange (Linda Hunt), a.k.a. 'The Duchess of Deception', who is small in stature, yet elephantine in power!

The cast is brilliant! There is suspense and an exceptional amount of action in every episode! The cases are fresh, dynamic and innovative! This has the right formula to continue to be such a great hit! Keep it up, and I would highly recommend this scintillating show to all!
  • I am strictly a movie man since childhood. But this is one of the few TV eoisodes that kept me completely glued to my seat. How lucky the younger generation people are to have quality shows like this to watch. Redyoyo2011

When the leading person of the investigative unit
    completely disappears and ended up in Europe somewhere, with the crew running after and trying to rescue her. This is almost like the Mystery of the Third Man, combined with A James Bond Episode.Who, What, Where? I want to know. And I'm not going anywhere till I found out.
    My wonderful actress Linda Hunt, and the crew led by the handsone Chriss O'Donnell. who speaks several languages no less.
    Brilliant writing and story telling.
    As a foreign language student, thrilling discoveries in a foreign tongue. The guest actors parts all done with savor.
    I was just sorry it ended so soon.
    Redyoyo2011
  • If you like action watch this show!

This show has a lot of action and surpising twists. I love all the charactors and my favorite is Deeks, hey I like funny guys. When I'm watching this show I feel like I'm seeing a xbox shooter game turned into a tv show. Before NCIS LA I was a fan and still am a fan of the original NCIS. To me both shows are great. NCIS LA keeps on getting better, I hope it will be around for many seasons. I'm tryng to convert my sister into a fan and so far her favorite charactor is G Callen. In the future it would be cool if NCIS and NCIS LA did a crossover episode.
  • A great show with a lot more besides the name.

NCIS: Los Angeles is a great show. It's got action, great cast, good scripts besides the main cases on every episode, good interaction between characters. And it's pretty different from its parent show, NCIS. That was the point: to make it different. Those who compare NCIS: LA to NCIS couldn't be more wrong; only thing both shows have got in common are the first 4 letters and one guest star (Rocky Carroll). And Shane Brennan, of course. If you enjoy watching the little parts that make up the whole picture, then you should watch NCIS: Los Angeles, because it's full of those little details, and even better, it's well done. With a cast made up of well known stars as well as actors unknown to usual tv and movie viewers, they all work as a team, on the same level. Definitely, it has nothing to do with the original NCIS. I'm not saying this one is better; I love both shows, because both of them are very distinctive and different enough to have their own identity. In a few words: you should check this one out. Then, you decide if you keep watching; do whatever you want to do, but first check out this show for yourself.
1 2 3 4