NCIS: Los Angeles

Monday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2009 In Season

TesserT

NCIS: Los Angeles Fan Reviews (97)

7.3
  • KEEP HEDDY

Nov. 17, 2014 - it seems they keep giving Heddy less and less time on the show and give more time to Granger - Ferrar who is terrible and adds nothing to the show. Heddy is the glue that holds the characters together and she gives a unique character to the show. She used to be more present - what's up? NCIS New Orleans is a terrible show. Let's just leave it with NCIS - and NCIS Los New Orleans crew just doesn't have it...
  • LA vs NO

I don't feel the chemistry in the new NO. I love LA they all fit, they have chemistry. They have different and eclectic backgrounds. And I love love Heddy. I really wish is was back on Tuesday following the original NCIS.
  • LA stinks

You should scrap the LA Heddy on ether NCIS or NCIS-NO and get rid of the rest of the crew. NO is so far ahead of LA and they just started!
  • Loved this series ... but now I can't stand it

This series was a great spin off from NCIS. The characters are very different - more fun loving, tighter teams that you can TRUST to have your back. And having a partner that you can trust was the strongest point about this series. I loved that everyone would do anything to keep their team safe . At least I thought so until the 3rd choir ep where Eric went and hid in his office waiting for backup instead of helping out Hetty who was in major trouble. Now I cringe when I see that coward on screen and I find - after watching every single episode up until now - that my faith in Eric at least is gone and I don't want to watch any more episodes. Funny how just one scene can screw up an entire series.
  • Worst of the NCIS series

All of them hardly investigate Navy/MC crimes and violate fundamental human rights!
  • One of the only good Buddy cop style shows that is left on TV.

Many different crime-drama styled series do not meet my expectations because most of them fall short of or continuing the same type of idea over and over again acting like that is what we want to see. Well for some yes, some don't and what others who are trying to get into the show want to see why the show has others attracted. Those other crime-drama styled series whether you watch 1 or 2 episodes, you will see a repeating factor of "Hey, this was almost like the previous episode except for now its just a different guy who did the EXACT SAME THING". Episode setup is basically Detective work, hooray for dumb forensics, find perp and move on to next episode, repeat. (Previous sentence was meant to anger people. DEAL WITH IT) Well now we have a show like NCIS that had somewhat changed that idea. Though all those ideas and the serious part of the job are all present. there is a little less of the seriousness to it. Now lets leave some of the formulas from NCIS behind (Mostly forensics, and repeatable BS body count per episode) and add in elements of old style Buddy cop stuff that most shows have stopped doing and we get NCIS: Los Angeles, a show where if you sit down and watch just 1 episode (certain episodes are 2 part so 2 episodes) You will start to like each character for who they are, what they do, and their attitude in the series and why you start to get attached to almost all of them. Sure you will get someone dying here and there but the cases they work on are much bigger than what other crime dramas cover. There is humor here and there, sometimes some friction but when it comes to the action, it does the job. Also it is the only show that you will start loving the person in charge. Though I love the whole cast and crew of the series, Linda Hunt's performance in the show is what makes me look forward to seeing every episode all over again.
  • NCIS: LA Team

Everyone has a story, first of Callen and his past, Hetty and her enemies and the rest and their stories that is that I love so much in this show, I hope people understand this. not just need one in the show, everyone of them complate each other.
  • Deeks you rock

I was going to stop watching until they brought in Deeks. He is just the character that team needed, If there is going to be more stories on the romance between Deeks and Blye, I hope the episodes involving them are not centered on that. It seems like every time there is a romantic angle between two major characters, the quality of the stories suffer. As a sideline LL Cool J needs to consider acting lessons. If his a character is a Navy seal at least, LEARN TO SALUTE.
  • What happened?

2.5
    Season 1 wasn't the best which was excusable because they were finding their style, but two was fantastic and three was just as good, if not better. Then season four hit and we got the awful streak that included Endgame, the Fifth Man, and the most biased episode of any television series I've had the misfortune of tuning in to, Dead Body Politic.

The show just seemed to get worse. The Descent/Ascension story line was descent, but Nate's "treatment" of Deeks's PTSD was awfully executed. He was basically saying "Let it out buddy. But first, let's talk about Kensi. Are you two banging or what?" Kensi punched a man who'd came from a home where he watched his mom get pummeled by his dad daily and somehow he was still the one at fault. Hetty has turned into the bad guy. The episodes are either really bad or really boring.

Season five was painful to watch save for Spoils of War. The only way I can see my once favorite show improving is if Hetty tells Deeks it was her fault for sending Kensi to Afghanistan and if Kalstein is taken off the writing staff.
  • Opportunity to ask Owen Granger/Miguel Ferrer your questions

He's doing a live video chat this Thursday, June 26 at 5pm PST/8pm EST - it's a pay-what-you-can event benefiting an org he loves, Best Friends Animal Society. Who's in to meet him and chat NCIS LA? 9T
  • Storyline going downhill? Cutting down on production costs?

1.5
    Really?

Entering a submarine and getting trapped in it? No backups?

Terrorists attempting to blowup a whole building and being apprehended with the two "heroes"? No backups?

Not just NCIS agents, but international spies?

You make the police force look really BAD!

We used to watch this series, buy the DVDs, but our interest started to wane recently. We even switched it off before the episode ended, can't stand the ridiculous and ludicrous storyline.

And the silly repartee between the characters which used to be fun... running out of plot? Romance?

In a recent party, we found out just about everyone who USED to watch NCIS LA shared the same opinion.

How sad! What's happening? Are they making their swan song? Can't they do a grand exit without shaming themselves?

• NCIS: LA

Just began watching this series in the past year. believe I have missed this wonderful show. Even went out and purchased all four seasons that are currently available. I sincerely hope that you continue the storyline of Kensi and Deeks into the new season Fantastic chemistry while still maintaining their professionalism.
  • what will happen to deeks and kensi

I love this show and i would love to see more and to know if kensi and deeks gonna love each other
  • The Watchers

If you caught my reference you may thing I'm specifically commenting on that season 3 episode 13 episode, which I'm not... I couldn't resist naming my review after an episode (One of my favorites) because I'm a Geek (Or you could say an like that. And if you didn't catch my reference your probably really confused... poor you. ANYWAYS So this show of course is a spin off of NCIS which is a spin off of JAG... which I would say are both GREAT shows and which if I ever get the chance to I will watch every single episode of (I have watched every JAG episode, But NCIS I have missed quite a few)

I think every character is great in their own way. Of course the major stars are G Callen and Sam Hanna, but I also love the attention put on Eric and Nell and Deeks and Kensi, Of course Hetty, Nate when available and Owen Granger... Because if you've watched most, if not all, of the series, you'll know he's the one we all love... to hate.

My favorites are Eric, Deeks, Nell, and Hetty (Occasionally Nate) but of course every single one is near and dear to my heart. Although I find some of the cases rather lackluster (Like "Recruit" which was mostly Neric/Densi and practically no attention to the case was paid) Most of the time the character development is good (Except maybe season 4) although I would like to see more of Eric, Nell and Deeks' pasts.

as far as shipping goes Densi and Neric are the best, Although in season one it was CaKe (Callen/Kensi) all the way and for the first couple episodes of season 2 it was Nallen (Nell and Callen) to the max (But then Eric was adorbs to Nell and It clicked)

Best episodes to watch in my opinion (In chronological order) would be as follows:

Season One:

Ascension

Allegiance

Tuhon

Zero Days

SO those are all of my favorite episodes (Like you wanted/ Needed to know them) If you read all of this Thanks. I love this show and Hope it continues for a long time

. I totally think G's name is George like his grandfather

• Deeks and Kensi are driving me crazy

What is going on?! I admit that I only started watching the show because of the Deeks-Kensi affair last season - otherwise it really does lack the luster of the original NCIS. Did they really "break up" before they started getting together??? This is very sad to me. And for heaven's sake - they need to have an actual conversation about it.
  • NCIS: Lost Angles

I am British, so some non-english speakers might miss the change from 'el' to "le" in the word "Angels", which changes the meaning of the word completely. "Your look like an Angel" to "What's your angle, you swine?"

The point is, the new incarnation of NCIS lost the intelligence of creating stereotypes with heart and individualityt and produced a poorly concieved clone of the original characters.

Linda Hunt as Pauley Perrette - I don't think so. And so it goes for the whole, misguided attempt to recreate NCIS as a 'cash cow' for the writers and the studio.

Just my thoughts

• DEEKS

i like the show because the men go together like ice cream and apple pie; however, if something isn't done about DEEKS hair, i don't know if i can stand watching. i understand the look they are going for, but it is worse than bed head, and it is too long in his eyes; i think he would look really handsome if he got a better styling. other than that, i love the show and i love seeing hattie, been a follower of hers since her very early movies.
  • Noise Polution II

I have to agree with the person commenting about the noise level; I keep turning it up but still music is louder than the dialog. This is true on a lot of shows. I wonder if the producers realize what they are causing. It is especially true if someone has some hearing loss.

I am glad to hear that Kensi will be back! I thought maybe she was pregnant.
  • 8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%85%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/

• The answer to Kensi's low profile...

Daniela Ruah was pregnant, and had her baby in late December - if you consider production schedule, she should be back by the end of the season.

Consider this - when Deeks kissed Kensi - Eric was kissing his brother's pregnant fiancee.
  • Awesome

Please bring Kensi back. I miss the partnership of Kensi and Keeks.
  • Why don't they ever wear vest's?

The plots are sound and the story line is generally okay, but why don't they ever wear vest's. Tonight's episode is a perfect example. They know they are going to a couple of tough situations and they don't wear vest's. This makes the show unrealistic, there are several other things about the show that is very unrealistic but this may be the worst. Thoughts
  • Keep team together

Like the show with Kensi better, still good but she is important.
  • bring back Kensi

4.5
    Sending Kensi off like the script called for was very unrealistic; For an experienced and respected partner, both Granger and Hedy treated her rudely and unprofessional. Kensi deserved better treatment. I expected Hedy to approach Kensi in a collaborative role, but instead Hedy and Granger dismissed like an insubordinate and like she was a child; really thats how the script writers thought the relationship between Deeks and Kensi should be handled; sounds like they were making it up as they went adds nothing but annoyance and insult to the show; How Hedy can go along with how Granger treats her team is demeaning to her and her team; didn't she use to protect her team from Granger?Nell is ridiculous as Deeks partner. Bad enough she looks like she is 12, but to put her in the field is so unrealistic- and insulting to Kensi; also to have Hedy supporting that move discredits her usual strength. I think the script writers are losing their focus on Hedy's role as a leader and wise person. Nell needs to go back to her "tech" job- that is a fit for her- plus she looked so uncomfortable in being out there in the field and i doubt if the rest of the team feel that Nell will have their backs as Kensi always did. Too bad Callen, Sam and Deeks didn't speak up- they don't look too happy either.
  • The Best Movie Ever!

That's the best movie i ever watch in my life!
  • Noise Pollution

Is it just me or have they amped up the music and background noise more every season. It's just about impossible to hear the dialog any more. I like the show but it's not much fun if you can't hear the people.
  • Better than I originally thought.

I recently caught reruns on USA or TNT.... Whatever channel airs them. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the episode. I remember originally trying to watch it in season one and thinking it was just okay. It was decent but not enough to catch my attention. However, I caught 2 episodes in a row from season 2 and was blown away by how much better it was. I ended up going back and rewatching the entire series. It really started to pick up towards the end of season one story wise and character wise. It really found its footing in season 2 with the addition to the cast and with regulating Nate to a few episodes a season. The cast now are work well together and the chemistry on screen is great. Deeks hads a lighter side to the show with witty banter. I will say that LA can be over the top action at times but to be honest im okay with that. Its like being at the movies. What action movie these days are realistic. I was never a faithful NCIS fan because it was an easy show to just pop in and out and still keep up. It was your basic cop procedural. Just story of the week without much character background. However with NCIS LA I now find myself really embracing the characters and the partnerships. We get that procedural aspect but we also get character movement. I actually find myself wanted to catch this show everyweek unlike its predecessor. It summary if your looking to judge it against the original you might be disappointed but if you go in looking at it as a new show you might find your self surprised.
  • So improved

I tried watching the first two episodes of NCIS Los Angeles and gave up. As someone else commented, the background music was so intrusive each time they tried to introduce some comedy into the show and the characters didn't gel to me. Anyway, I decided to give it another try and watched the season 5 opener - and now I'm totally hooked. You can thank the introduction of Deeks. I love his character and love the chemistry between him and Kensi. And having now watched every episode since his introduction, I've also developed an appreciation for all the characters. What a brilliant piece of casting by Shane Brennan to have Linda Hunt play Hetty - she's another reason why I now love this show. G and Sam seem to have developed a good rapport as the series has progressed and that's helped the show as well. I do think the storylines are a little too Sam/G focussed but this season has been an excellent one for some Deeks/Kensi scenes and from what SB has said, it looks like there'll be plenty more this season. My advice to anyone who watched the first season and gave up on it - then give it another try.
  • Definately Over The Top

I have enjoyed this program and the relationships between people. The action has been good and consistently creative. However introducing the heavy level of torture in the season finale is making me wonder if I want to watch next season at all. It was totally over the top especially given the type of violence out in the streets today. The writers were scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with a season finale to create the typical cliffhanger for the year. It was totally unacceptable to me and as such I will no longer support any of the advertisers for the program if this type of writing continues.
  • DENSI.

At first, I wasnt too keen on watching this show but when I got to know Marty Deeks and Kensi Blye, I just couldn't stop watching it. They are perfect! Just get together please! and have "little mutant ninja assassins". I love the banter between them! I'd probably stop watching if they took out Densi. On the other hand, I enjoy watching Sam and Eric! Overall, I love NCIS:LA.
CBS