NCIS: Los Angeles

The Frozen Lake

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 26, 2013 on CBS

7.1
  • Loved it

I really liked that episode.

I'm a huge fan of Densi and even if I knew that Kensi was leaving for a few episodes due to Daniela Ruah's pregnancy and maternity leave, the end was still heartbreaking. But at the same time this is the most promising episode so far regarding their relationship. Kudos to Dave Kalstein who wrote the episode, amazing as always.

Great performance also from Eric (Deeks) and Daniela (Kensi), they rocked all their scenes together. They've got so much chemistry together and are great at emotional scenes. My favorites for this episode are the "frozen lake" scene in the shooting range, the end scene next to the ambulance and of course Kensi slugging Deeks ;)

I was a bit puzzled by Hetty's behaviour in the episode since she seemed to be "shipping" for Densi according to her little ""sunshine and gunpowder" note to Deeks and now she is more cryptic. I'm curious to see where it goes.

As for the case part, I really liked the little guy and what a cool fighting sequence!

I loved Callen and Sam' banter especially at the end and of course in that memorable scene in the bullpen at the beginning.

Good interaction between Hetty and Granger as always very mysterious.

Funny scene in ops for Eric and Nell not talking about Densi.

ANd I almost forgot, it was great to see Deeks undercover!

• Love it

good story well done. Good including the 'little' guy to 'work' with them sorta.

As for Kensi & Deeks - I never felt anything should go on between them. A Team cannot work in such dangerous situations and not let their feelings affect it. Case in point - actions not done that should have been during this action.

As for the future of the show. Still looking good with Hetty & the rest of the team.
  • Fascinating!

This was another greate episode of NCISLA, in which we are dealing with some interesting tension between Kensi and Deeks, coupled with a really interesting case that puts their relationship and partnership to the test in more ways than one.

I thought it was really interesting how it played out with the two fo them. And then Hetty goes and drops a bombshell at the very end as well! Wonder what's going on!

I honestly believe that one of my all time favourite lines for any TV show has to be Hetty saying today "I don't move pieces, Mr Callen, I move the board". That's just like so true!

Amazing episode and I can't wiat for the next one. Disappointed that there is no ep next week. :/
  • Dont Understand.

The actual storyline was very good, but just when Deeks and Kensi get it on and decide to have a relationship, Owen tells Kensi that she has been reassigned and Hetty in not so many words basically says she approved it. What so called classified mission WHY, is there some rule that says they can work together but not have a relationship at the same time. Then why string us along for at least two years and when we finally see them together and happy, you take it away from us. Not Happy Hetty. Love The Show Though.
  • The right way to handle things... Amazing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire episode even if the entire case was a metaphor for the Kensi/Deeks relationship. I can say I was never a Tony/Ziva fan on the original but these two one me over tonight. It just seemed to fit with the flow of the episode so perfectly. I loved the opening scene with all four and Sam calling Kens out on wearing the same shirt the Callen and Sam reaction to realizing what happened. It was all subtle and funny. Also cudos to the writers and producers for handling an actress' pregnancy the write way on a show. Everything that happened gave way to Kensi reassignment and made it all the more powerful. I now cannot wait for Dani's pregnancy leave to be over and to see where they plan on taking us with this new classified mission.
  • The Frozen Lake

Another episode that had some moments, but overall was just not up to the standard of this show. Kensi/Deeks also did not live up to its usual weekly billing.
  • Game changer

1.5
    Deeks and Kensi just get together for the fans and off she goes. Key word was indefinitely, we just might have seen the last of Kensi and possibly Deeks. Hetty's words to Deeks were something to the effect ( remember Mr. Deeks it's cold outside ). Meaning a major shakeup with Kensi gone and Deeks sent back to LAPD? New characters, new blood, new life to the show.
CBS