NCIS: Los Angeles

The Frozen Lake

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 26, 2013 on CBS

7.1
  • Loved it

I really liked that episode.

I'm a huge fan of Densi and even if I knew that Kensi was leaving for a few episodes due to Daniela Ruah's pregnancy and maternity leave, the end was still heartbreaking. But at the same time this is the most promising episode so far regarding their relationship. Kudos to Dave Kalstein who wrote the episode, amazing as always.

Great performance also from Eric (Deeks) and Daniela (Kensi), they rocked all their scenes together. They've got so much chemistry together and are great at emotional scenes. My favorites for this episode are the "frozen lake" scene in the shooting range, the end scene next to the ambulance and of course Kensi slugging Deeks ;)

I was a bit puzzled by Hetty's behaviour in the episode since she seemed to be "shipping" for Densi according to her little ""sunshine and gunpowder" note to Deeks and now she is more cryptic. I'm curious to see where it goes.

As for the case part, I really liked the little guy and what a cool fighting sequence!

I loved Callen and Sam' banter especially at the end and of course in that memorable scene in the bullpen at the beginning.

Good interaction between Hetty and Granger as always very mysterious.

Funny scene in ops for Eric and Nell not talking about Densi.

ANd I almost forgot, it was great to see Deeks undercover!