A NCIS: New Orleans Community
Tuesday 10:00 PM on CBS (Returning September 20, 2016)

CBS has given series orders to NCIS: New Orleans, the Kevin Williamson drama Stalker, Madam Secretary, and Scorpion, as well as comedies The Odd Couple and The McCarthys, TV.com has learned. They join the previously ordered to series Battle Creek, from Breaking Bad's Vince Gilligan. 

The fate of How I Met Your Mother spin-off How I Met Your Dad—as well as several other pilots—is still up in the air.

NCIS: New Orleans, which originally aired as a backdoor pilot on the flagship series in March, centers on cases stemming from Pensacola, Fla., through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans, with its rich setting of music, fun and debauchery, is a magnet for military personnel on-leave. However, with that fun comes trouble. NCIS's Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon will executive-produce. Scott Bakula, Zoe McLellan, Lucas Black, and CCH Pounder will star. 

Stalker focuses on a pair of detectives who handle stalking incidents for the Threat Management Unit of the LAPD. Dylan McDermott will star as Detective Jack Larsen, a recent transfer to the Threat Assessment Unit from the Big Apple, and Maggie Q will play Detective Beth Davis, the head of the Unit. The Following's Williamson will write and executive-produce. Mariana Klaveno and Victor Rasuk will also star.

CSI: Cyber, which also aired original as a backdoor pilot on the flagship series, stars Patricia Arquette as Avery Ryan, Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA. Ryan is tasked with solving "high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live online, and play out into the real world." Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman will executive-produce; Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony Zuiker and Ann Donahue will write and executive-produce.

Madam Secretary is a drama about the personal and professional life of a maverick female Secretary of State (Tea Leoni) as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics and balances a complex family life. Joan of Arcadia creator Barbara Hall wrote the pilot, and will executive-produce with Oscar winner Morgan Freeman. Tim Daly, Bebe Neuwirth, Geoffrey Arend, Patina Miller, Erich Bergen, and Katherine Herzer will also star.

In Scorpion, an eccentric genius (Elyes Gabel) and his international network of super-geniuses form the last line of defense against the complex threats of the modern age. Sleepy Hollow creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will executive-produce the project from Prison Break's Nick Santora. Katharine McPhee, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Ari Stidham, and Robert Patrick will also star.

On the comedy side, Friends alum Matthew Perry and Reno 911!'s Thomas Lennon will star in The Odd Couple, a modern take on Neil Simon's 1965 Broadway play about polar-opposite roommates. Perry and Joe Keenan will write and executive-produce with Elementary producers Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman and Two and a Half Men's Eric and Kim Tannenbaum. Sarah Baker, Lindsay Sloane, Georgia King, and Wendell Pierce will also star.

The McCarthys is a family comedy about a loud, sports-crazy Boston clan that includes Laurie Metcalf, Jack McGee, Joey McIntyre, Tyler Ritter, Jimmy Dunn, and Kelen Coleman. Brian Gallivan (Are You There, Chelsea?) will write and executive-produce with Friends with Benefits' Will Gluck and Mike Sikowitz.

Anything here sound good to you? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/17/2016

Season 2 : Episode 24

95 Comments
Comments (95)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
NO, nothing sounds good to me
Flag
More NCIS and CSI spin-offs? Really? Okay, so NCIS: LA, I don't like. They always go undercover for some reason, and it's so repetitive, I can't stand it. I'll check NO out, but if it's as boring as LA, I'm not watching for long. CSI: NY was good, because it had good characters. Miami was boring with all the mob stuff, and I didn't like anyone. Patricia I really loved in Medium, so I'm hoping she'll be good in this one too.
Scorpion could be interesting, but it depends a lot on what the threats are. If it's terrorists all the time, then I'm not watching.
The rest is just meh. The obligatory "strong female has a high stakes jobs and a problematic home life" show that apparently every network has to launch at least one of each season. And two comedy shows that I don't watch, because I generally don't like American humour.
Flag
ncis spin off #2.
Flag
NCIS N/O with Mr Oh Boy! at the helm as a 70s douche cop what could go wrong...Oh wait.
Patricia Arquette with an unoriginal cyber angle (will she have a Monolith?) that'd need me receiving frequent static shocks to stay awake.
Madam Secretary would need Leoni to keep screaming pointlessly like in Jurassic Park to have me lucid but again praying some critter would eat her alive. Slowly.
Scorpion could be ok depending on what those complex modern type threats are, beyond waking up 'someone' before they need to.
I like Perry and Lennon and so will give them the chance to destroy whatever curry they have with me like Louis C.K. in his sitcom. Oh God, I'm getting an audience laughter flashback...must resist the urge to kill all...
Flag
the crop of new shows are very very weak , I might watch the Flash, Agent Carter and that is about it!!!
Flag
Ok so they canceled Intelligence to put up CSI: Cyber? What a waste. At least Intelligence was kind of interesting. They are not gaining me with the new ones. I'll have to keep watching Person of Interest and Elementary though! :)
Flag
It was pretty much inevitable that CSI: Cyber would happen. As I have with all the CSI spinoffs I will tune in. Hopefully ti will be as good as all those that have come before it.
Flag
The spin off network strikes again.
Flag
Both the CSI and the NCIS spinoffs aren't gonna last more than one season if they don't up the level from the backdoor pilots. Even serious fans didn't like them.
Flag
Personally I think the CSI spinoff will be dogshite. But CSI:NO and Stalker work for me, enjoyed the New Orleans pilot.
Flag
I like Thomas Lennon and I like Matthew Perry so even though all of the remakes happening right now are annoying I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. The rest I couldn't care less about, in fact I'm kind of annoyed by the CSI and NCIS spin-off getting the green light because that means my procedural loving family will have yet another stupid cop show clogging up the DVR.
Flag
Im really not a fan of Patricia Arquette so I'm pretty bummed she is the lead of the CSI spin off.
Flag
NCIS and CSI spin offs! Loved both of the 'preview' episodes. Will probably try Scorpion also.
Flag
I'm pleased I didn't join the Navy, it's the most dangerous job in the world.
Flag
as well as comedies The Odd Couple

Awwwwwwww, aren't you sweet, calling this sour milk spit-up a 'comedy'.

As funny as the train wreck no talent bum Robin Williams' show, or funnier?
Flag
I like Scott Backula but NCIS: NO has already put me to sleep.

The Odd Couple: You have my curiosity, you must win my attention.
Flag
Not sure why I read NCIS: NO NO Nanette.

Flag
NCIS New Orleans I will watch for sure. CSI Cyber I will check out. I love Matthew Perry, but I'm not sure I'd watch the Odd Couple.
Flag
To make the announcement complete CBS will soon have to announce the NCIS \ NCIS:LA \ Hawaii Five-0 \ NCIS:New Orleans eight part crossover
Flag
throw in harm and mac from jag then it is complete.
Flag
I only stick with CBS cause they got Person of Interest and Elementary, everything else is just "meh". I mean I love matthew perry so I'll probably give odd couple a shot but its all looking pretty "meh" too me.
Flag
I gotta check out Elementary just so I can love CBS for one more reason. Person of Interest is just awesome...The Big Bang Theory has gotten better since it's back to just being the main cast and it's mostly fun to watch. HIMYM ended...don't really care about the other shows.
Flag
oh yeah I totally forgot about big bang theory. It got kind of hard to watch after a while. But see that still falls under the category of catch up shows on netflix or something not must see. Elementary is a bit of a hit and a miss. I watch it because I'm a fan of Sherlock holmes stories and while elementary has made some odd choices, Im a Jonny lee miller fan.
Flag
CBS = Crap Beats Smart
CBS = Crazy Blonde Sluts
CBS = Company Buys Stupid
CBS = Crap. Bad. Sucks.
CBS = Cant Be Smart
CBS = Cuz Bitches Shittin
CBS = Cock Bitches Suckin
CBS = Cancelled Because Shit
CBS = Come Bow Suckas
CBS = Chinese-British Sluts
CBS = Cum. Bitch. Suck.
CBS = Create Broad Shows
CBS = Cancel Better Shows
CBS = Create Bad Shows
CBS = Can Be Stupid
CBS = Cancelled Brain Smarts
CBS = Creates Bull Shit
Flag
Whatever...
Flag
Does the World really need another NCIS, I mean seriously how many Navy murders are there!
Also Scott Bakula bellowing Bruuuutha is going to get old fast.
Flag
The world needs another NCIS as much as the world needs another CSI.

But there will be people who will watch them. Isn't that sad and pathetic?
Flag
YES!
Flag
Tom Lennon and Matthew Perry in the Odd couple could really be funny, as long as they don't try to make it too family friendly, more for adults. so I will probably check it out. Same with the NCIS spinoff. Its only fair. I watched it when it spunoff JAG and stopped watching JAG. I watched NCIS:LA, for a month and wished they brought back JAG instead.
What these announcements will mean to my actual viewing isn't really going to mean a thing until they all give their fall schedules. Because I may want to watch the new Odd Couple, but if it is on against PArks and Rec, its going to have to wait. Same as all of the other new announcements. I guess the only good thing here is outside of Sundays after 9, I am pretty heavy into CBS shows. And NBC and Fox keep cancelling the shows I did watch.
Flag
Damn you Matthew Perry... I'm watching The Odd Couple.
Flag
Damn you CBS...I'm not.
Flag
Oh god no...not CSI:Cyber...

I was afraid of this when nobody bothered to raise enough of a stink about how stupid the backdoor pilot was, and so now we're saddled with CSI, who have one of the worst track records of understanding technology, trying to make a show about cyber crime.

It's not just prejudice either, the backdoor pilot was so bad it could have worked as a parody of Hollywood's understanding of technology. Bang keys hard enough and you can make a digital render break down into it's wire frame model! They try so hard to make it look smart but I can't believe anyone is this ignorant about technology in the 21st century..
Flag
What happned to Intelligence?
Flag
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/32054/cbs-renews-mentalist-cancels-five says it got axed. :(
Flag
soon to be toast
Flag
I think he was talking about "at the networks" not the show
Flag
No, show.
Flag
I just hope The Crazy Ones is renewed.

For CBS, I'll continue to watch TCO and maybe watch The Late Show with Stephen Colbert if that's no awful.
Flag
I like NCIS and I like Scott Backula, so I'll probably watch NCIS: New Orleans. I miss Go On so much it will be hard to give The Odd Couple much of a try, even though I like Matthew Perry.
Flag
I swear, this must be a record for me. CBS simply just can't make anything I consider worth watching. The last one I actually remember loving was Jericho...I'm sure I must have watched something on that channel since then for more than 3 episodes, but whatever it was, it obviously wasn't good enough to be memorable

Showtime on the other hand, I'm rabid for multiple shows on that channel...If I didn't already know CBS owns 'em, I'd never believe it could be true.
Flag
I'll give CSI: Cyber a shot. I haven't watched any of the CSI shows, since Grissom left. Did not care for CSI Miami or NewYork..... Will give Stalker a chance too because of Maggie Q....... NCIS: Orleans, I'll watch and give it a chance, but I don't think I'll be liking it. Love Scott Bakula, but to me, he is just the wrong guy for the part........... As for the rest, not that interested in it.
Flag
Anything here sound good to you?....errr NO
Flag
CSI: Cyber
Flag
This is a really sad list of series orders.
Flag
NCIS till our eyes bleed, and CSI too. Geezers 4ever, I love you too!
Flag
I'll get the stool softener, you bring the tapioca pudding.
Flag
Well it appears I still won't be watching anything on CBS.
Flag
I am glad NCIS: New Orleans got picked up. Unlike some other franchises, every time jag/ncis spins one off it seems to surpass the previous one
Flag
Can't agree. I was so bored by the two episodes introducing this show. I especially didn't like the Bakula character.
Flag
Even his accent was all over the place.
Flag
I have spent time on the south I did not find the accents as off putting as many seemed to. Not everyone on TV has to have a ''standard American'' accent. Backdoor pilots are always a little off, you can't judge what the whole pilot will be by it especially set against already established characters. In both the NCIS and NCIS LA backdoor pilots there were characters that got changed or nixed completely. When The Finder backdoored during Bones they found audiences hated the cockney accent of a character and left her out of the series. Maybe they will tone done Bakula's accent in the series if audiences didn't like it.
Flag
His accent was all over the place because it mutated from California to generic Luuzianna to midwest, often in the same scene. I can live with an accent, but phony accents bother me when they can't even be consistent.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
NCIS: New Orleans took two episodes to establish their characters and relationships. The viewer got invested. Supernatural: Bloodlines and CSI: Cybercrimes should've followed NCIS's example. It worked for NCIS: LA, it should work for NCIS: New Orleans. (Unless the characters turn out to be obnoxious A-holes.)
Flag
Nothing ever worked for NCIS/LA, it's crap. Id rather watch Hawaii 5-Oh, and it's crap too, just not a stinky.
Flag
Let's see:
Boring
Boring
Boring
Boring
Boring
Boring
Flag
I'll likely watch The Odd Couple. Might watch The McCartheys and Scorpion.
Flag
Just watch the original The Odd Couple. It's dated, but it's still one of the classic TV sitcoms ever made.
Flag
If you haven't seen it, you should. It's a perfect example of exactly how it's done!
Flag
I'll watch stalker simply because I think Maggie Q is a fantastic actress and I loved Nikita.

Flag
I'll be checking out "The Odd Couple" and "The McCarthy's" for sure.
Flag
Matthew Perry's Odd Couple first show to get canceled calling it now!
Flag
I am excited to see NCIS New Orleans and Stalker.
Flag
Not much excitement to be found here.
Flag
Maybe "Stalker", and it would be because of its cast.
Flag
They changed their mind, and passed on HIMYD.
Flag
not a single one of these sounds remotely interesting...

I was hearing HIMYDad got picked up, maybe it was just a rumor.. but I hope it doesn't.. I won't be watching it if it does.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm